My Dad lives there. Can I?

Brianm93

I don’t know much about these types of visas... So my Dad lives in Cairns, Queensland. He moved over on a marriage visa I think, his wife is Australian.

I’m 24, my partner is 28 and my son is 1 and a half. Is there any way I could move my family and I over permanently as my dad is a permanent resident? 

Two options I know of, there may be more:

* Remaining Relative Visa, if your whole family is in Aus, (ie your mom and/or siblings are not in the UK) and you have no close family outside of Aus you can try this route, your dad will be able to sponsor you.

* If your job is on the list you can apply for a Skilled Points Tested Visa (189, 190 etc). You can claim 5 points for having close family in Aus

There may be more but this is the ones I know.

4 hours ago, Quoll said:

Nope, you’ve got your own family so you’re not a Last remaining relative, you’re  too old to be dependent and you can’t be anyway because you have your own family. Your only way in is going to be through your skills.

Does the citizen by descent not apply? Does this only apply to kids born when you are a citizen?

20 hours ago, lothar said:

Two options I know of, there may be more:

* Remaining Relative Visa, if your whole family is in Aus, (ie your mom and/or siblings are not in the UK) and you have no close family outside of Aus you can try this route, your dad will be able to sponsor you.

* If your job is on the list you can apply for a Skilled Points Tested Visa (189, 190 etc). You can claim 5 points for having close family in Aus

There may be more but this is the ones I know.

That is incorrect. Extra points for family only apply to the 489 family sponsored stream. 

Pas for remaining relative it has a wait time of 50 years.