Additonal evidence for 189, certifying...help!

Buckley

Hi all.

I am desperate for some help please.

Visa 189 submitted 28.10.17

Last week we finally had communication from a CO. Requesting evidence of employment for me and form 80 for my hustand and myself. Looking through the formal request when it details certifying documents it is very specific in saying that it must be a person who is equivalent to a justice of the peace e.g. notary of public or a migration agent; but all other evidence already submitted was certified by a teacher which was permitted.

I have emailed the GSM twice but I haven't heard anything back. 

Does anyone else please have any advice or guidance that you can offer.

A notary public is not only more expensive but also a complicated process as she woild need to contact the source of all documents to certify them (8 years worth of employment in 4 different jobs). 

We are 7 days into our 28 a day limit to submit so I am very anxious about trying to get this done ASAP.

Many thanks

I think you may just have to bite the bullet and pay for the notary. Better to spend a few hundred and get it right than have your visa refused, lose your application fee and be barred from reapplying for a long time. I obviously don’t know what you need certifying, but if you’ve got originals then there’s no need to contact the previous employer

As above. In the grand scheme of things, a few hundred £ is insignificant, if you really want to relocate to Australia. And I'm pretty sure that as long as you let the CO know that you are waiting to hear back from the notary, the delay would be acceptable.

Edited by DukeNinja
Grammar!

Hi,

Read somewhere else that that  certification by a solicitor, JP, magistrate or notary public would be acceptable. 

People seem to have rung around their local solicitors and notaries public to find out the best rates which appear to be  quite variable. 

Edited by JustUs

If this is for on online. Is a application then surely colour scans of originals should be acceptable.  A teacher wouldn’t have been OK anyway.  

If you must have them certified then a solicitor will be fine and cheaper than a notary, you can negotiate a price for a few documents, just try a local high street office.

Did you e mail your CO to check?  The e mails can be generic, and I think the website still talks about certified copies when scans are acceptable.   We got an e mail asking us to renew our passports before a grant and send certified copies.  We just e mailed coulour scans and it was fine.

Thanks all for the feedback.

I am using colour scans but everything I have uploaded to this point has been certified using their list of acceptabe people on the immiaccount upload page, where it gives specific details about having documents certified.

The request for additonal information specifically states certified documents and reference to a notary. So I am being literal and doing as is detailed. We have a notary in place and are getting all the further documents certified. 

Teacherclem,  not crticing anything? How have I read this information so differently?

Many thanks all again

It's certainly colour scans of originals now, but perhaps when the application was originally submitted certified copies were still required, and the case officer is keeping to the requirements in place when the application was lodged.

It's best to go along with their request and not argue the case with them.

Regards,

Richard

24 minutes ago, Buckley said:

Teacherclem,  not crticing anything? How have I read this information so differently?

Our application (submitted Sept 2016) was also colour scans with no need for certification of anything.  My brother however who applied a year or so before me had to have everything certified so maybe you were just unlucky with timing.

We submitted in October.

Skills assessment was certified,;that was very specific and clear.

If you go to the page where you upload documents on immiaccount each subject title has a little question mark in a purple bubble, when you click that it gives examples of documents and it says e.g. 'certified copy of your academic transcripts ...' I didn' want to risk anything, a teacher, nurse, judge are all on a list of suitable people to certify documents, it' just now the request is specific in saying a JP equivaent i.e notary public.

I have emailed the CO several times but have had nothing back so I don' want to wait and risk it.

Like someone said before its a small price to pay for this to be successful.

We shall see how we get on. Everything will be uploaded by the weekend.

Fingers crossed