189 processing times

tina2018

14 minutes ago, bigfishybob said:

Getting the paperwork together is a big part of the preparation, also getting all the relevant documents certified (not all required certification, but I got them all certified anyway).  These are the documents I supplied on Immi Account.

Proof of Identity:

• Birth Certificates
  • Drivers Licences
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Passport

Qualifications:

• Degree
  • Transcripts (I went to the Universities website for these as I didn't retain a copy of them, charged service)

Language Ability:

• IELTS certificate

Travel Document

• Passport

Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of

• Work Reference

Skills Assessment

• Skills Assessment

Character, evidence of

• Form 80
  • Police Clearance Certificate

Health Assessment

• e-Medical (no documents,  direct access to data)

I would suggest looking through Form 80, lots of fun here (amongst other items):

• Travel Movements for the last 10 years!
  • Employment history
  • Education history

Police checks can be done very quick with the express service.  Arranging a suitable date for the medical can be challenging as we all had to take time off school/work to attend this, also expensive (~£900).  If you want to submit everything all at once, then make sure you have everything else lined up for completion to coincide with completion of the medical.  We couldn't arrange to do this until we had completed the skills assessment and didn't know how long the skills assessment would take.  Similarly for the EOI.  In retrospect, I would have frontloaded all documents and booked Medicals at point of completion of EOI.

Good luck!

Regards

BFB

Thanks - this is so helpful!

I just want to be able to get my head around it all and know that I'm not missing a vital piece of paper or find that something has expired - it's a bit of a minefield!

• 1 month later...
On 22/01/2018 at 23:58, horsemad1976 said:

Thank You :)

Hi,

Just wondering if you got around to completing form 80 suggested by BFB? Im currrently gathering all my docs now as we speak, just want to hear how you are progressing as we might be at the same stage.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Net

Brilliant! Currently doing mine as we speak, dont have enough space so for some areas so will attach a supporting letter. Oh nice, im just waiting for my IELTS results, it comes out this Friday - so fingers crossed then I can send it off to CPA so they can give me (hopefully) a positive assessment.

Keep me in the loop with your progress, I'll give you a heads up also on how I am tracking.

Kind Regards,

NQ

• Thanks 1

How is the preparation going? Got my test results back for the academic band, so can submit this for my skills assessment and hopefully get a positive outcome. However I want to maximise my english scores so will do the general test also. How is your prep going?

On 07/03/2018 at 17:40, horsemad1976 said:

Hi!

Yes completed form 80 ahead of time.

I’ve just submitted info for skills assessment via VETASSESS (this is in progress) husband still gathering his doc ready for his skills assess (ACS). IELTS booked for 24/3/2018. So all looking positive! :)

Hi!

If you dont mind me asking, Which occupation are you applying for with VETASSESS and what documents did you end up submitting with them? 

Kind Regards,

Netani

Hi guys, just to update everyone, we had our visas granted on the 21st Feb!! So from initial application (September) to grant (February) it was 5 months. We're so excited, now the real planning can begin! Good luck everyone, hope you get your grants soon :) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tina2018 said:

Hi guys, just to update everyone, we had our visas granted on the 21st Feb!! So from initial application (September) to grant (February) it was 5 months. We're so excited, now the real planning can begin! Good luck everyone, hope you get your grants soon :) 

Congratulations! Can I just ask how long it took your from your EOI to an invite to apply? Thanks 

Sure! We applied with 75 points (category: general accountant) and it took around 6 weeks from submitting an EOI to getting an invitation. This would have been last summer, so I'm not sure if things have changed since then. Good luck!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tina2018 said:

Sure! We applied with 75 points (category: general accountant) and it took around 6 weeks from submitting an EOI to getting an invitation. This would have been last summer, so I'm not sure if things have changed since then. Good luck!

Thanks!  That’s what we will hopefully be applying with and same category. So when are you planning to move over and where abouts? Are you moving with children?

16 hours ago, tina2018 said:

Hi, Congrats!!! May I know if you have been contacted by any CO officer during the 5 months waiting period? 

On 3/21/2018 at 07:42, NQ679 said:

Any update on your skills assessment from VETASSESS?

No!!! Like checking every day is going to make it change!!:biglaugh:

It's only been a couple of weeks though - could be a few months yet I guess! I'm going to have to get good at this being patient thing lol.:biglaugh:

1 minute ago, horsemad1976 said:

No!!! Like checking every day is going to make it change!!:biglaugh:

It's only been a couple of weeks though - could be a few months yet I guess! I'm going to have to get good at this being patient thing lol.:biglaugh:

Haha true! What occupation did you apply for?

On 22/01/2018 at 12:44, bigfishybob said:

Getting the paperwork together is a big part of the preparation, also getting all the relevant documents certified (not all required certification, but I got them all certified anyway).  These are the documents I supplied on Immi Account.

Proof of Identity:

• Birth Certificates
  • Drivers Licences
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Passport

Qualifications:

• Degree
  • Transcripts (I went to the Universities website for these as I didn't retain a copy of them, charged service)

Language Ability:

• IELTS certificate

Travel Document

• Passport

Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of

• Work Reference

Skills Assessment

• Skills Assessment

Character, evidence of

• Form 80
  • Police Clearance Certificate

Health Assessment

• e-Medical (no documents,  direct access to data)

I would suggest looking through Form 80, lots of fun here (amongst other items):

• Travel Movements for the last 10 years!
  • Employment history
  • Education history

Police checks can be done very quick with the express service.  Arranging a suitable date for the medical can be challenging as we all had to take time off school/work to attend this, also expensive (~£900).  If you want to submit everything all at once, then make sure you have everything else lined up for completion to coincide with completion of the medical.  We couldn't arrange to do this until we had completed the skills assessment and didn't know how long the skills assessment would take.  Similarly for the EOI.  In retrospect, I would have frontloaded all documents and booked Medicals at point of completion of EOI.

Good luck!

Regards

BFB

Lodged our Visa's on March 20th.  As soon as we received the invite from NSW on Mar 2nd, we did Police checks and Medicals, so by the time they approved our application and we lodged, we had everything ready to upload.  Really hoping we don't get assigned a CO and get a quick grant!  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

First ever post here so sorry if this is in the wrong place! I am pretty much at the beginning of the whole process and getting confused

I have applied for my skills assessment with AITSL and have booked my IETSL test for the end of the month - so I am hoping that I will be able to submit my EOI for a 189 as a teacher with 80 points next month.

I had thought I would get an invite really quickly since they are so far away from the occupation ceiling but from reading forums I am hearing that people are waiting a long time to get called :( and then even longer to get the visa approved and that time seems to be getting longer. Can anybody tell me what direct grant means - hoping it is some time of fast lane ?

Is there any difference in timeline for a 189 visa or a 189 visa?

Would people generally recommend getting a migration agent and front load everything to get a visa quicker or should I do it on my own?

Thanks for any info people can provide

Applied the visa on 26th December 2017, so far no updates.

My application is handled by my consultant, all the documents have been uploaded including the Form 80, PCC and Medicals

So far no update, Fingers crossed !!

If you have 80 points you will get called forward by skillselect very quickly regardless of occupation. Visa processing is currently 8-12 months once submitted.

Just make sure you can prove beyond doubt everything you claim points for. Work experience probably being the most difficult. You can only claim from completion of PGCE and you will need references on headed paper from the school(s) to cover each year unless you requested skilled employment statement from AITSL. Still simple enough if you only worked in one school!

• 3 months later...