Qualifications query

Mattc1992

Hi guys,

Im currently an aircraft technician (Mechanical) with the british royal air force, and have done this for 8 years, ive currently got a HNC in mechanical engineering as well as an advanced apprenticeship level 3 in aeronautical engineering, i cant seem to find out how i go about getting these accredited to their australian equivalents, from what ive gathered so far, i need to go through the TRA but from looking at the site the only option that i can see is the migration skills assessment, could someone offer any advice on this matter? As from reading other forums im fairly sure ill need some form of skills recognition to get employed in australia?

could anyone also offer any good links or guidance on how difficult it will be to find employment in australia, with my skillset? Were moving to the northern territory, as my partner being an australian citizen already has a well paid job lined up in that area.

thanks in advance

matt

I'm not famliar with your occupation but for most, there are two separate processes that you have to go through.   In order to prove your eligiibility to migrate, you have to do a skills assessment - but all that does is prove you're eligible to migrate.  Getting accredited to actually work in Australia is a separate process. 

The Northern Territory is a vast, sparsely populated area.  People do rely a lot on small aircraft to get around, so that could count in your favour.  It wouldn't be hard to identify all the airfields in the NT and write asking what your prospects are.

13 hours ago, Mattc1992 said:

could anyone also offer any good links or guidance on how difficult it will be to find employment in australia, with my skillset?

It might be worth while contacting these people - Airnorth.  They came immediately to mind because of a TV news story last night  about their difficulty in finding enough pilots for a growing industry.  However, from their website blurb, they welcome interest from other aviation professionals as well.

https://www.airnorth.com.au/about-airnorth/careers-with-airnorth