qualification (degree) assessment without work experience for sc190

ayclin

Hi to all,

I am interested in immigrating to Australia. And I was looking to various subclasses and decided to go for either 190 or 189...
I am a bit mixed up with my skill assessment ( degree and work experience situation )!
...and I have couple of questions?

- I did my bachelors degree in Computer Science - Software Engineering at my hometown in middle east (the university is acceptable)
- I did my masters in Information Technology at one of the top 15 universities in UK.
- and I did my PhD in Informatics in the same university that I did my masters.

Now, I am 30 and I do not have any full-time working experience. during various levels I did lot of part time works...

here are my questions?
So is it possible to assess my degree without any work experience and claim the 20 point out of my education criteria !?
As my Masters and my PhD is from a top university in UK, do I need to assess it at all? to get that 20 points
or I may need working experience!?
And what will be my skill after the assessment? I mean the skill I can apply for 190 visa..!?
Is it better to collect more working experience and applied afterward? 
As I may loose 5 points from my age and gain 5 points for 3 years oversea experience!?

Could you please guide me with this matter?
Many Thanks

Hi,

You do not need work experience to get a skills assessment done.

To do a skill assessment for 189/190

First you need to pick an occupation from one of the Skill Shortages lists that you want to get your Skilled Visa for. One that matches your job/degrees you want to do.

You then need to find the Assessing authority in Aus for that particular occupation, ACS for IT for example.

You will then need to submit your qualifications, transcripts and syllabuses for each of your degrees. They will then assess whether your degree is of Aus quality and whether they are comparable to the occupation you have chosen from the Shortages List. For example you cant Choose Mechanic from the list and submit and IT degree, you will get 0 points.

From the info you have provided above:

* Yes, you can submit your degree for assessment without work experience, and IF you choose an occupation from the list that is comparable you should get 20 points for a Masters or Phd.

* Doesnt matter if you did your Phd at Oxford, it will need to be assessed. As they not only assess the quality but the degree has to contain core subjects that they teach in Aus.

* You need to TELL them your skill, they don't give you a skill. You say I want to do XYZ and here is my degree to prove I can do XYZ. and then they assess against that

* Whether or not you need work experience depends on your total points, if you are only getting 60/65 points and looking to apply under IT you will most likely need more points.

It sounds like you need to do a bit more reading, especially on how the Skills list works, choosing an occupation and points required. Perhaps make an appointment with an agent just for an initial assessment, these are usually free. 

Thanks for the reply..

Yes, you can submit your degree for assessment without work experience, and IF you choose an occupation from the list that is comparable you should get 20 points for a Masters or Phd.

So, I was scamming the requirements from ACS and for the bachelors degree or higher.. it says: you need a min. of 2 years of experience to assess!?!
...is it for the qualification!? two years to accept my PhD?! :| or am I wrong?

You need to TELL them your skill, they don't give you a skill. You say I want to do XYZ and here is my degree to prove I can do XYZ. and then they assess against that

I heard that they may assess you another skill instead of what you have asked for! may it happen to be the case if I choose a wrong skill to be assessed for?!

Whether or not you need work experience depends on your total points, if you are only getting 60/65 points and looking to apply under IT you will most likely need more points.

So.. basically
I can claim 30 for age
10 for the Proficient English
20 for my PhD
5 for my partner which we both are from MLTSSL and another 5 for a SC190 sponser.
which makes 70 to apply for SC190

Is it sufficient or I need working experience as well!?!!!!!
Since I need 3 years of oversea experience to claim that 5 points, but I would loose the 5 points of my age!

Edited by ayclin

4 minutes ago, ayclin said:

So, I was scamming the requirements from ACS and for the bachelors degree or higher.. it says: you need a min. of 2 years of experience to assess!?!
...is it for the qualification!? two years to accept my PhD?! :| or am I wrong?

I am not familiar with ACS so can't help here.

5 minutes ago, ayclin said:

heard that they may assess you another skill instead of what you have asked for! may it happen to be the case if I choose a wrong skill to be assessed for?!

I think they can make recommendations to you about which role on the list you apply for based on your degree and experience.

6 minutes ago, ayclin said:

Is it sufficient or I need working experience as well!?!!!!!

70 should be enough under most occupations. But you need to be very sure you can claim 70 before putting in the EOI. If you put in the EOI and claim 70 puts they will reject your Visa application and at this point you would have paid around AUD4000.

Sorry I can't be of more help as I am not familiar with the occupation and assessors you will need. It might be worth while getting a free comprehensive assessment from an aganet, and they will give you the best options.