TransferAnimals vs PerAir

Welsh Nicky

I’m moving to Brisbane in August 2018 & trying to find a reputable firm to transport my miniature schnauzer. There is a lot of reviews for PetAir & I got a quote (they are the most expensive), however the person I’m dealing with my enquiries at this stage is quite abrupt & not so friendly to the point I feel uncomfortable with PetAir; also their quote only takes him to Melbourne so I’ll have to find another company to transport him from Melbourne to Brisbane. 

TransfurAnimals was a reasonable quote & included taking my dog all the way to Brisbane after the quarantine stay. However there is very little reviews about these guys. I am leaning towards TransfurAnimals as I only need to deal with one company, but the minimal reviews online is holding me back.

Can anyone help with some advice?

Once in Aus you use a domestic pet shipper. I am guessing that Transfur will use a local shipper and so you might want to check who they would use and their reviews also. It may be a company or set up you don’t like. I’d be interested how they would manage it if they are based in Aus also. Check reviews.

You can arrange yourself to fly them back with a local pet shipper, go collect in person even. I am not aware it’s standard practice to quote door to door as it were as many make their own arrangements for onward transfer after quarantine. 

Tbh I’ve not heard anything on Transfur. That makes me more wary than reassured if it were me shipping. Cheaper isn’t always better either. Sometimes they are cheap for a reason. Sure I get saving a few dollars but I’d also want to feel confident my dog were going to have the best care.

Pet Air do get very good reviews but if you don’t like them then chances are that isn’t going to change. 

You could also contact Golden Arrow and get a quote from them and compare.

Discuss also about making your own arrangements for onward shipping from quarantine. 

If you are in Wales? (your username made me wonder) and it’s more local, you may want to check out Whitehouse Kennels. They do pet shipping also and are based not far from Bristol. 

Hiya. 

The moeny aspect is not the issue, more about my initial engagement with PetAir, isn’t great & would like to think the travel consultant who will be assigned is not the person i’m dealing with. If I had that reassurance I would feel better.

Yes I am in Wales, great thanks I’ll check out Whitehouse Kennels. Have you heard good reports about them?

Hi Welsh Nicky.

I am really sorry your initial engagement with us was not amazing, that is unlike us. If you dont mind pming me your details i will check it out.

The hardest thing about comparing quotes is to check who includes what. Petair is often the most expensive because our gold quotes include everything specifically needed for the export. (except the Lepto vaccination if needed as it is mostly already done and if your dog needs sedation for sampling). And we can arrange the internal flight if needs be.

Choosing your pet shipper is a big decision and i completely understand that we have blown our chances. There are no bad pet shippers in UK, just people who do different things in different parts of the UK.

If I can help then let me know.

55 minutes ago, Welsh Nicky said:

Hiya. 

The moeny aspect is not the issue, more about my initial engagement with PetAir, isn’t great & would like to think the travel consultant who will be assigned is not the person i’m dealing with. If I had that reassurance I would feel better.

Yes I am in Wales, great thanks I’ll check out Whitehouse Kennels. Have you heard good reports about them?

Bob at Pet Air is great and I’ve heard very little negative from people who have used them. They usually get first rate feedback. 

I know Whitehouse kennels personally as used to use them and also when I was in dog rescue I used to have dealings with them and they were lovely. They do international pet shipping still I think so may be worth checking them out as another option. 

59 minutes ago, BobPetairUK said:

Hi Welsh Nicky.

I am really sorry your initial engagement with us was not amazing, that is unlike us. If you dont mind pming me your details i will check it out.

The hardest thing about comparing quotes is to check who includes what. Petair is often the most expensive because our gold quotes include everything specifically needed for the export. (except the Lepto vaccination if needed as it is mostly already done and if your dog needs sedation for sampling). And we can arrange the internal flight if needs be.

Choosing your pet shipper is a big decision and i completely understand that we have blown our chances. There are no bad pet shippers in UK, just people who do different things in different parts of the UK.

If I can help then let me know.

Hi BobPetAirUK,

Thanks for responding. I’m not allowed to send you a message in this forum. Would you mind pinging me your email address? 

Regards,

Welsh Nicky

Guest The Pom Queen

You are the first person ever in the last 16 years I’ve known Bob to complain. I also find it strange why someone would sign up to have a go at them and promote a company I’ve never heard of.

Ive worked in quarantine in the UK, I’ve imported and exported numerous animals over the years, I’ve done health checks on quarantine animals whilst working in the veterinary field and the only person I would ever trust is @BobPetairUK . 

‘I am glad that you can now get the chance to chat with Bob because you will see why he gets 101% customer satisfaction and as I’ve said before I would only ever trust him with my babies, even two legged ones.

I admit he isn’t he cheapest, but you really do get what you pay for, a qualified vet with many years experience. I’m sure Bob has an agent over here who can help. TBH I find that Jetpets and Dogtainers are quite expensive these days. I use a company callled Baycity but I think they outsource the quarantine work to the same company as all the others. I don’t know how heavy your pet is but a rottie cost me $120 from Melbourne to Brissy. Or $195 if I wanted to keep the brand new crate.

Sometimes another option is to fly down yourself and put them on the plane but you would have to hire a car to get to the quarantine station. 

2 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

You are the first person ever in the last 16 years I’ve known Bob to complain. I also find it strange why someone would sign up to have a go at them and promote a company I’ve never heard of.

Ive worked in quarantine in the UK, I’ve imported and exported numerous animals over the years, I’ve done health checks on quarantine animals whilst working in the veterinary field and the only person I would ever trust is @BobPetairUK . 

‘I am glad that you can now get the chance to chat with Bob because you will see why he gets 101% customer satisfaction and as I’ve said before I would only ever trust him with my babies, even two legged ones.

I admit he isn’t he cheapest, but you really do get what you pay for, a qualified vet with many years experience. I’m sure Bob has an agent over here who can help. TBH I find that Jetpets and Dogtainers are quite expensive these days. I use a company callled Baycity but I think they outsource the quarantine work to the same company as all the others. I don’t know how heavy your pet is but a rottie cost me $120 from Melbourne to Brissy. Or $195 if I wanted to keep the brand new crate.

Sometimes another option is to fly down yourself and put them on the plane but you would have to hire a car to get to the quarantine station. 

Hello,

Not quite sure how I offended you. I’m not making a complaint against Bob. I don’t know him, nor have I engaged with him prior to my post. I am simply explaining my initial experience with PetAir, the company, & how that initial engagement with their customer service did not fill me with comfort in the process. 

Yes I appreciate I can fly down to Melbourne & contact other companies, as stated I’m trying to understand the full cost door to door. 

Apologies.

Guest The Pom Queen

You didn’t offend me one bit, although I hear you hadn’t been in touch with Bob after he sent you his email. Maybe you have now. 

‘It’s just we often get companies posing as unhappy clients and plugging their business instead especially on a first post but I’m sure this won’t be the case with you. Have a chat with Bob it doesn’t bother me one way or another if you use him. However, like I mentioned he has numerous happy clients on here and never as he received anything negative, maybe your getting mixed up with airpets UK.

5 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

You didn’t offend me one bit, although I hear you hadn’t been in touch with Bob after he sent you his email. Maybe you have now. 

‘It’s just we often get companies posing as unhappy clients and plugging their business instead especially on a first post but I’m sure this won’t be the case with you. Have a chat with Bob it doesn’t bother me one way or another if you use him. However, like I mentioned he has numerous happy clients on here and never as he received anything negative, maybe your getting mixed up with airpets UK.

Yes I plan to & I hope he can help me. 

My enquiry is genuine, hence my questions & not a complaint. I wanted to get some help as this is a huge move for me & my dog. I must admit, I was a little shocked at your reaction.