Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

17 hours ago, Zeee said:

Hi 

I have applied 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife on 18 July, 2018. CO contacted on 21 August, 2018 for further documents, submitted on 1st September, 2018. Still waiting for response. Immi Account shows 7 to 8 months but it has been 9 months.

Emailed to CO last month for updates but still waiting for his response.

OMG that is scaryyy. 😞

Hi everyone,

I recently got married and my spouse holds 489 visa for SA. After marriage I applied for 489 subsequent entry visa and after that a visitor visa to go and stay with him. 

We got married on 13 Jan 2019 and applied for my 489 se on 15 Feb, the CO contacted us on 27 Feb and we submitted the asked documents on 1 March. 

On 8 Mar our agent applied for my visitor visa (600) using the same immi account. 

Since then there has been no response from the department. 

Can anyone guide me about the average processing time of visitor visa in such a case.

Thanks in advance,

Mhk, India.

11 minutes ago, Mhk said:

Hi everyone,

I recently got married and my spouse holds 489 visa for SA. After marriage I applied for 489 subsequent entry visa and after that a visitor visa to go and stay with him. 

We got married on 13 Jan 2019 and applied for my 489 se on 15 Feb, the CO contacted us on 27 Feb and we submitted the asked documents on 1 March. 

On 8 Mar our agent applied for my visitor visa (600) using the same immi account. 

Since then there has been no response from the department. 

Can anyone guide me about the average processing time of visitor visa in such a case.

Thanks in advance,

Mhk, India.

Hi Mhk,

It generally takes 19 bussiness days for most cases, it should be there in a month doesn't take much of time. Just make sure the visitor visa comes first and 489 second, as your latest visa will be validated  i am also planning to apply for visitor visa for my wife, what documents did you submit can you share the checklists ??

Thanks,

Pradip

10 minutes ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi Mhk,

It generally takes 19 bussiness days for most cases, it should be there in a month doesn't take much of time. Just make sure the visitor visa comes first and 489 second, as your latest visa will be validated  i am also planning to apply for visitor visa for my wife, what documents did you submit can you share the checklists ??

Thanks,

Pradip

Hi Pradip,

Thanks for the information. Below are the additional documents that our agent attached for the visitor 600 visa:

-My husband's pay slip - proof of funds
-Passport - travel history document
-Adhaar card - national identity card
-Photograph
-Travel insurance for tourists
-HAP ID - Health assessment details which was conducted for 489 SP

14 hours ago, Mhk said:

Hi Pradip,

Thanks for the information. Below are the additional documents that our agent attached for the visitor 600 visa:

-My husband's pay slip - proof of funds
-Passport - travel history document
-Adhaar card - national identity card
-Photograph
-Travel insurance for tourists
-HAP ID - Health assessment details which was conducted for 489 SP

Just one question, If you applied for visiting visa and moved to australia while your 489 subsequent entrant visa is under process, Are your sure your 489 visa would be granted because you are in australia? From what i know if your 489 visa has to be granted you have to be offshore because you have applied the 489 visa offshore. This is the information i got while calling the immigration, I am not 100% sure if this is true or not. Please let me know if you have gathered any info about this. Thanks.

Edited by santo antony

On 03/04/2019 at 17:11, santo antony said:

Congratualtions Radhika!!! Was it a direct grant or did CO request documents anytime during the process?

CO contacted us on 16th oct 2018 asking for more documents which we had submitted by 26th oct and after that there was no contact from CO, and then we got grant on 29th march 2019.

My CO was Axxx( i don't remember his full name) 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing CO name - only initials allowed

On 03/04/2019 at 18:20, Radhika said:

CO contacted us on 16th oct 2018 asking for more documents which we had submitted by 26th oct and after that there was no contact from CO, and then we got grant on 29th march 2019.

My CO was Axxxx( i don't remember his full name) 

Radhika is it indian nationality and how long do u need to enter australia like the first date entry

13 minutes ago, James1008 said:

Radhika is it indian nationality and how long do u need to enter australia like the first date entry

I am already in Australia now.

It was like i have to enter Australia before 12th oct 2019 

On 03/04/2019 at 18:36, James1008 said:
On 03/04/2019 at 19:59, James1008 said:

One last question radhika what furthwr documents did the co ask and who was co at that time 

He asked me about my birth certificate, PTE result, and more evidence for relationship ( so we gave our call logs, whatsapp chats and screenshots etc)

My CO  was Axxxx

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing CO name - only initials allowed