Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

14 hours ago, indrasena said:

I think that is talking about the main applicant who is already having 489 visa and he can be either in aus or anywhere when they grant visa. its confusing. 

thats correct it is talking about the main 489 application not the dependant applicant. I did confirm this with the immigration by calling them.

hi all,

just to update you about my case.., 

i have applied for 489 subsequent visa for my partner who is ofshore on 26 Jan 2019 after three weeks later, CO asked for PCC, medical check up and more evidence for relatioship. uploaded all on 15 March 2019. so waiting.. 

do you guys reckon it takes about 7-8 months to be finalised? any cases you knew of  granted visa in shorter period?

Thanks 

P.P

5 hours ago, P.P said:

hi all,

just to update you about my case.., 

i have applied for 489 subsequent visa for my partner who is ofshore on 26 Jan 2019 after three weeks later, CO asked for PCC, medical check up and more evidence for relatioship. uploaded all on 15 March 2019. so waiting.. 

do you guys reckon it takes about 7-8 months to be finalised? any cases you knew of  granted visa in shorter period?

Thanks 

P.P

I think visas granted in 2017,2018 within 6 months. Now it is 7-8 months. 😞 I hope they at least grant visas within 7-8 months.

2 hours ago, P.P said:

lets wait and see, 6 month is not that bad 

If you see this thread, Some people applied in October 2018 and still waiting for visa grant. If they get visa then we can know how much time for grant. 🙂 Lets hope for the best. Keep updating this thread.

46 minutes ago, indrasena said:

If you see this thread, Some people applied in October 2018 and still waiting for visa grant. If they get visa then we can know how much time for grant. 🙂 Lets hope for the best. Keep updating this thread.

That's correct and know that some cases take longer time, also there are many  who dont report. I remeber the time when people were waiting 7-8 months to get 489 visa, my case only took 2 months to get the visa offshore.. lets be optimistic, it's just the matter of time. Just keep update your current relatioship evidences such as messages or anything else.. 

Edited by P.P

14 hours ago, P.P said:

That's correct and know that some cases take longer time, also there are many  who dont report. I remeber the time when people were waiting 7-8 months to get 489 visa, my case only took 2 months to get the visa offshore.. lets be optimistic, it's just the matter of time. Just keep update your current relatioship evidences such as messages or anything else.. 

i dont think the messages or chat documents are required if you are married and if you have provided the marriage certificate. I did confirm this by calling the immigration.  I think the message and chats are required for De facto relationships.

1 hour ago, santo antony said:

i dont think the messages or chat documents are required if you are married and if you have provided the marriage certificate. I did confirm this by calling the immigration.  I think the message and chats are required for De facto relationships.

There is no penalty for providing extra evidences. For somonone that recently got married, and short of evidence, this can be helpful. If i am a case officer, i would like to see messages as well 😉 

Edited by P.P

12 minutes ago, P.P said:

There is no penalty for providing extra evidences. For somonone that recently got married, and short of evidence, this can be helpful. If i am a case officer, i would like to see messages as well 😉 

Well its not mentioned any where in home affairs website :). Marriage certificate is more than enough for evidence. 

On 27/03/2019 at 09:26, Radhika said:

Hi 

I have applied for 489 subsequent entrant visa on 7 October 2018( offshore). Co contacted us on 16 oct requesting us for more documents, which we submitted by 26 october and after that there is no response.  Still waiting its nearly 6 months now

Hi dear any contact or grant you got yet

Hi 

I have applied 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife on 18 July, 2018. CO contacted on 21 August, 2018 for further documents, submitted on 1st September, 2018. Still waiting for response. Immi Account shows 7 to 8 months but it has been 9 months.

Emailed to CO last month for updates but still waiting for his response.

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Zeee said:

Hi 

I have applied 489 subsequent entrant visa for my wife on 18 July, 2018. CO contacted on 21 August, 2018 for further documents, submitted on 1st September, 2018. Still waiting for response. Immi Account shows 7 to 8 months but it has been 9 months.

Thats shit men try calling them

7 hours ago, James1008 said:

Thats shit men try calling them

8 hours ago, Zeee said:

Hi 

What are the documents they asked for?