Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

3 hours ago, Rafay said:

I got the invitation for my 489 family sponsored last year sept. i Submitted all the documents and everything. Recently i have got married and i added my partner in visa applicatio. At the beginning $1800 was charged for additional applicant and i was asked to submit the additional applicant form through immi account. Yesterday, I got an email from visa officer that rules does not allow you to add spouse in your temporary application. You can add them separately as a subsequent applicant once the decision on your visa is finalised.

Can someone please help me on this one?

it's not unheard of for their website to be incorrect, but you could respond asking them to confirm as the website says you can add dependents before the visa is granted: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/supporting/Pages/489/Family-members.aspx

Hi Maggie

As far I know once you have submitted 489 you cant add anyone. So you should wait until you receive your 489 then submit another application for your spouse. That's called 489 subsequent entrant visa. What about your case did you add your spouse before you submit your application.

Hi...

I added my hubby as a 489 Subsequent Entrant; as an on shore applicant - while my application for Subclass 489 was still in progress....I used my file no to add him ; u can either use your own immi account or create one for your spouse. My hubby was on shore on a Guardian Visa, accompanying my 2 children who were residing and studying at Magill in South Australia. I was in Malaysia as the primary and off shore applicant.

My visa along with my children was granted on 13/09/2018 and a week after - my hubby's visa was granted on 21/09/2018. So, based on my experience, Maggie is right but I am not certain if you can pay AUD 1860 and directly add your spouse to your current application or pay AUD 3800 to be added as a subsequent entrant. I wish to highlight as well...that even as a subsequent entrant , I was also discouraged to add my hubby by a CO but I insisted and wrote back that good or bad... on whether we are granted or refused - we will face it as a family.

Rafaq... you can wait either for your visa to be granted then after apply for a tourist visa for your spouse...hence she will be a subsequent entrant 489 on shore applicant where she will be granted a bridging visa until a decision is made....or as per Maggie's suggestion - write to your CO first for guidance/clarification.

All the best to you....

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I will apply for Subsequent entrant for my wife earlier next year. Please guide for the documents required.

Should I apply for Visitor Visa first and apply Subsequent entrant as an onshore applicant?

Will she get bridging Visa as an onshore applicant and for how long that will last?

On 25/10/2018 at 15:51, Joanne Asha said:

Hi...

I added my hubby as a 489 Subsequent Entrant; as an on shore applicant - while my application for Subclass 489 was still in progress....I used my file no to add him ; u can either use your own immi account or create one for your spouse. My hubby was on shore on a Guardian Visa, accompanying my 2 children who were residing and studying at Magill in South Australia. I was in Malaysia as the primary and off shore applicant.

My visa along with my children was granted on 13/09/2018 and a week after - my hubby's visa was granted on 21/09/2018. So, based on my experience, Maggie is right but I am not certain if you can pay AUD 1860 and directly add your spouse to your current application or pay AUD 3800 to be added as a subsequent entrant. I wish to highlight as well...that even as a subsequent entrant , I was also discouraged to add my hubby by a CO but I insisted and wrote back that good or bad... on whether we are granted or refused - we will face it as a family.

Rafaq... you can wait either for your visa to be granted then after apply for a tourist visa for your spouse...hence she will be a subsequent entrant 489 on shore applicant where she will be granted a bridging visa until a decision is made....or as per Maggie's suggestion - write to your CO first for guidance/clarification.

All the best to you....

Hi Joanne,

Can you please confirm, if an onshore Subsequent Entrant applicant gets a bridging visa? If yes, does he./she entitles to work or study while being on Bridging Visa

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2018 at 08:56, Shivam said:

Hi Everyone,

I will apply for Subsequent entrant for my wife earlier next year. Please guide for the documents required.

Should I apply for Visitor Visa first and apply Subsequent entrant as an onshore applicant?

Will she get bridging Visa as an onshore applicant and for how long that will last?

Hi....the DIBP website is revised and they have step wise process detailed with mention of all required documents

Yes it's wise to apply visitor visa first and then apply subsequent entrant onshore this will help your wife be with you before the grant.

Bridging visa will be granted automatically as soon as u apply for subsequent entrant onshore and it will last until grant of the 489 visa

On 17/12/2018 at 11:47, Shivam said:

Hi Joanne,

Can you please confirm, if an onshore Subsequent Entrant applicant gets a bridging visa? If yes, does he./she entitles to work or study while being on Bridging Visa

Yes onshore applicant gets bridging visa A. Work entitlement is upto case officer which u will know once u get the bridging visa....u can also apply later for work rights and again case officer decides whether to grant work rights

On 01/01/2019 at 12:46, Tanvi said:

Yes onshore applicant gets bridging visa A. Work entitlement is upto case officer which u will know once u get the bridging visa....u can also apply later for work rights and again case officer decides whether to grant work rights

Hi Tanvi,

Thanks a lot for your response,appreciated.

Hi 

My wife visa subsequent entry 489 was refuse due to not have provided enough document to support our case, does anyone know it is better to apply visit visa and she will be here or reapply subsequent entry visa with more proof and wait? 

is it better to visit her before apply as i was thing she will be here in 3 months.

for whatsapp chat and call do we have to attach screenshots as we call on whatsapp all the time and hard to see history on whatasapp.

On 03/01/2019 at 07:46, Syedabuzar said:

Hi 

My wife visa subsequent entry 489 was refuse due to not have provided enough document to support our case, does anyone know it is better to apply visit visa and she will be here or reapply subsequent entry visa with more proof and wait? 

is it better to visit her before apply as i was thing she will be here in 3 months.

for whatsapp chat and call do we have to attach screenshots as we call on whatsapp all the time and hard to see history on whatasapp.

Didnt they request you for more info then rejecting your visa 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

need a suggestion, i came here in Australia on 489 visa, (family sponsorship), it has been in 1.5 years already in here. I am going to get married on 29th of jan 2019, and i want to apply her subsequent entrant visa, so my concern is, should i apply for need help in follwing cases

1. Subsequent family entrant, and then apply for her visitor visa ( i am not sure which one and how to do that) and will she be here when her visa processing is on ?? how much will it take as it will off shore visa

2. or should i apply for tourist visa first ( i am not sure which one ??  and how can i do that) then apply for her 489 family subsequent family entrant, will that work ?? how much time will take

3. what is the best option to get her here quickly.

please suggest me, 

thanks

pradip

HI Everyone,

I am Just completing my Master of Professional Accounting this June & planning to apply SA State Sponsorship (489). I gained my bachelor's in BBA ( Bachelors of Business Administration ) special Human Resource Management but i have more than 3 years experience in Accounting field as Accounts executive after graduated . can I add my experience to the point calculator as overseas experience because one of the MA told me that my basic degree specialized in HR so you cannot add that experience .  i am turning 33 yrs old on next year September (2020)  losing 5 points after that. Anybody faced a similar situation before? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone I have applied for 887 visa as I m a primary applicant and my wife is a secondary applicant. I have received a bridging visa A grant letter only for me not my wife. Anyone have any idea regarding bringing visa grant letter for my wife. Shes pregnant now so I must apply for Medicare. Without bridging grant letter I dont know I can apply for Medicare for my wife. Please need your advice everyone. Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please help me with the detailed document checklist for 489 subsequent visa. 

I am on 489 and recently got married. Need to apply 489 subsequent visa for my wife. 

Any Tips or Suggestions before applying this visa are highly appreciated  . 

Please help. 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Can anyone please help me with the detailed document checklist for 489 subsequent offshore visa. 

I am on 489 and recently got married. Need to apply 489 subsequent offshore visa for my wife. 

Any Tips or Suggestions before applying this visa are highly appreciated  . 

Please help. 

Thanks

•  

On 16/01/2018 at 17:26, Sreeja said:

Hi,

Was searching for an on-going thread but couldn't find one, hence I am starting my own.

My husband has been in Australia on his 489 for the past 2 years. He recently added me on the Subsequent Entrant 489 category in Nov 2017. Since I was already here visiting him therefore we applied under the on-shore category. In early December, a case officer (CO) responded back asking for additional documents which we duly submitted within a week's time. However its been over a month now (considering holiday season), and I am still waiting for a response from the CO. Can anyone please advise how much more time it'll probably take? The Immi website says subsequent entrant 489 is not a priority category hence it'll be processed on case basis. But I just want to know someone else's personal experience!

Please do advise or share your timelines.

Thanks!

On 01/08/2018 at 03:08, Jose said:

It has been approved on end of June 2018 after 9 months. Thank God!

Hello Jose and Sreeja,

I have read your threads and want some guidance from you.

I have been living here in Australia on 489 for the past 1.5 years. I recently got married and applied my wife's Subsequent Entrant 489 visa last week i.e., 8th march 2019. The case officer has't replied yet, may be it takes 1 month in general. Now i want to apply for my wife's visitor visa as it seems like it takes time for the outcome.

It seems like it takes 9 months in average for offshore, fingers crossed. The reason i applied for my wife's family subsequent entrant visa offshore is that I was worried about the refusal of tourist visa. 

so i need little guidance for applying tourist visa for her, is it tourist visa 600 with my invitation and support letter ?? as 489 is not PR I cannot sponsor them for family sponsored tourist visa is it ?? is there any format you can help me with. 

Please do advise or share links

Thanks,

Pradip Thapa

On 14/03/2019 at 22:29, Pradip jung said:

Hello Jose and Sreeja,

I have read your threads and want some guidance from you.

I have been living here in Australia on 489 for the past 1.5 years. I recently got married and applied my wife's Subsequent Entrant 489 visa last week i.e., 8th march 2019. The case officer has't replied yet, may be it takes 1 month in general. Now i want to apply for my wife's visitor visa as it seems like it takes time for the outcome.

It seems like it takes 9 months in average for offshore, fingers crossed. The reason i applied for my wife's family subsequent entrant visa offshore is that I was worried about the refusal of tourist visa. 

so i need little guidance for applying tourist visa for her, is it tourist visa 600 with my invitation and support letter ?? as 489 is not PR I cannot sponsor them for family sponsored tourist visa is it ?? is there any format you can help me with. 

Please do advise or share links

Thanks,

Pradip Thapa

Hi Pradip,

I saw you recently applied for 489 subsequent for you Wofe, I am planning to do the same , can you please help with your guidance about paperwork required? 

Most important and crucial documents??

any tips?? For SOR??

thanks

10 hours ago, Avneet said:

Hi Pradip,

I saw you recently applied for 489 subsequent for you Wofe, I am planning to do the same , can you please help with your guidance about paperwork required? 

Most important and crucial documents??

any tips?? For SOR??

thanks

Hi Avneet,

Nice to hear from you, yes i applied for my wife's Visa on 8th of march. i applied by myself (i.e., providing as much as evidence i can think of), i will write the process of what i did which are as follows:

Firstly, i am immature as you, in these visa things, the more your read the more you will get an idea and my visa is not granted yet but still i am writing what i did so that it wil be guideline for you. 

1. Decide whether, you are applying inshore or offshore, i have seen inshore application granted in 4 months and offshore in around 9 months, at this moment, my application shows 7 to 8 months processing time as i applied offshore, as i am not 100% confident on tourist visa as i have got 489 and i have lived here for 1.5 years only.

2. Create an immi account for your wife and fill the form that is approx 15 pages or more, fill the form 80 for character evidence side by side (you can get help in youtubes and other links to fill it)

3. Once you complete the form, prepare the document and keep it in the separate folder ( they will ask for documents to upload like travel document, character evidence, relationship proof, part of family proof,  ielts, passport photo, form 80 etc (i have attached the required files), each document should be 5mb or less in size and maxm 60 proof can be uploaded.

4. after you give the required documents (at least one), you can go to next page and pay the fee, it is approx 3755 aud for offshore if paying through credit card it will cost 50 aud more

Remember, you can upload files after you pay the fee as well, but i prefer prepare the documents first. 

5. once they will send you the received confirmation, organize the health assessment on the bottom of the application thread. you can find links to " how to organize the health assessment".

now it is a long wait (mine says 7 to 8 months), you can always apply for her tourist visa which i am going to apply soon, but i am struggling to find the exact format for applying with 489 visa of mine, confusing it is so need a help on that

Hope it helps

Thanks and all the best

Pradip

photos to provide evidence.jpg

Hi Pradip, 

Thanks alot for your help, its a great information you provided. I am also applying offshore. 

If possible if you could spare some time and elaborate about documnets that can be provided for

1. Birth or age evidence? Passport? Or 10th certificate? Or you think anything else would be required? 

2. Character evidence?? Character certificate from academic or employment institutions of my wife??

3. Member of family unit? 

Thanks again for your help bro. 

And I hope you get your wife’s visa soon. Keep in touch.

Thanks heaps.

Avneet Singh

2 hours ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi Avneet,

Nice to hear from you, yes i applied for my wife's Visa on 8th of march. i applied by myself (i.e., providing as much as evidence i can think of), i will write the process of what i did which are as follows:

Firstly, i am immature as you, in these visa things, the more your read the more you will get an idea and my visa is not granted yet but still i am writing what i did so that it wil be guideline for you. 

1. Decide whether, you are applying inshore or offshore, i have seen inshore application granted in 4 months and offshore in around 9 months, at this moment, my application shows 7 to 8 months processing time as i applied offshore, as i am not 100% confident on tourist visa as i have got 489 and i have lived here for 1.5 years only.

2. Create an immi account for your wife and fill the form that is approx 15 pages or more, fill the form 80 for character evidence side by side (you can get help in youtubes and other links to fill it)

3. Once you complete the form, prepare the document and keep it in the separate folder ( they will ask for documents to upload like travel document, character evidence, relationship proof, part of family proof,  ielts, passport photo, form 80 etc (i have attached the required files), each document should be 5mb or less in size and maxm 60 proof can be uploaded.

4. after you give the required documents (at least one), you can go to next page and pay the fee, it is approx 3755 aud for offshore if paying through credit card it will cost 50 aud more

Remember, you can upload files after you pay the fee as well, but i prefer prepare the documents first. 

5. once they will send you the received confirmation, organize the health assessment on the bottom of the application thread. you can find links to " how to organize the health assessment".

now it is a long wait (mine says 7 to 8 months), you can always apply for her tourist visa which i am going to apply soon, but i am struggling to find the exact format for applying with 489 visa of mine, confusing it is so need a help on that

Hope it helps

Thanks and all the best

Pradip

photos to provide evidence.jpg

Hi Pradip, 

Thanks alot for your help, its a great information you provided. I am also applying offshore. 

If possible if you could spare some time and elaborate about documnets that can be provided for

1. Birth or age evidence? Passport? Or 10th certificate? Or you think anything else would be required? 

2. Character evidence?? Character certificate from academic or employment institutions of my wife??

3. Member of family unit? 

Thanks again for your help bro. 

And I hope you get your wife’s visa soon. Keep in touch.

Thanks heaps.

Avneet Singh