Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sreeja

Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Recommended Posts

On 01/10/2019 at 07:06, akie said:

Hello Everyone, 

With God's Grace Alhamdullilah  got the golden email this morning at 11:30 am.

I have been an active member of this forum and can't thank enough for the people who are so helping in this forum. 

Timeline:

Visa applied: 28th Aug 2019  

Updated date : 29th Aug 2019

Direct Grant: 1st Oct 2019 -   No CO contact -   My wife did medical the 2nd day after I applied for her visa

Latest Updated date :  1st Oct 2019    Remember updated date is the date when CO touches your file.

Submitted all the docs 56 attachments slowly during the period of 4 weeks as I had to make word files for photos and then convert them to Pdf.  I had uploaded all the docs by  26th Sept 2019 .

If you have uploaded all the docs within 30 days its ok-  NOTE that in my observation I have seen CO's  touching the file immediately after 30 days after you have applied let it be any visa.

IMPORTANT to REMEMBER:- If you have done medical and uploaded all the required docs at the start of the application, then you can slowly upload other doccs  within 4 weeks which I did. 

Also I should mention special thanks to @Pradip jung @Avneet @P.P @Zeee Also special Thanks to @Shivam He was really very very helpful and replied to my messages.

Best of luck to everyone who are still waiting for the Grant

Hope everyone waiting gets their grant soon. 

Let me know if anyone has any questions. Happy to help as I had done a lot of research before I appplied for 489 visa.  My relationship declaration was 3 pages long and same was my wife's declaration.

Goodday we gathering document to submit for 489, my husband is the main applicant and we have two kids,may you advice what documents you put to prove relationship and show i and the kids are dependant on him also we would like to go with my mother what documents can we put to show she is dependant on us..can you tell me what you put in relation declaration.what did your wife write? Please help i want to make sure i put all neccesary things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys..I am a silent observer on this forum for the past 3-4 months and indeed it has been of great help.

Just need to have everyone's point of view my wife's visa case.

Visa Applied - 17th July, 2019

CO Contact - 22nd July, 2019 - Requested to have medical and submit polio certificate only.

Which my wife completed by 1st August 2019. Since then there is no response from CO.

Do i need to submit something else too ?
Please share your experience.

For relationship proof i provided around 10-11 different documents, along with marriage pics, honeymoon pics & random pics aswell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Guys,

First of all thanks to everyone in this thread as this thread has been very useful for me to collect information for the subsequent entrant visa. 

I have 2 queries regarding 489 subsequent entrant visa. Went through all the pages of this thread, but coudn't find the  info i need,

I Live in tasmania on 489 (invited pathway) and on a full time job. I am gonna get married this year end.  My queries are

1. SInce im just gonna get married, i didnt mention my partner as a family member in my initial 489 application. Is that a requirement for applying subsequent entrant for my partner.

2. Are there any fund requirements that me or my partner should show in our bank account for this visa process.

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 00:57, ahmed805 said:

Hello guys..I am a silent observer on this forum for the past 3-4 months and indeed it has been of great help.

Just need to have everyone's point of view my wife's visa case.

Visa Applied - 17th July, 2019

CO Contact - 22nd July, 2019 - Requested to have medical and submit polio certificate only.

Which my wife completed by 1st August 2019. Since then there is no response from CO.

Do i need to submit something else too ?
Please share your experience.

For relationship proof i provided around 10-11 different documents, along with marriage pics, honeymoon pics & random pics aswell.

Guys Got my wife's grant this morning. Though I was a silent observer in this group, but it has helped me alot. Thankyou everyone..

Cheers.

Visa Applied - 17th July, 2019

CO Contact - 22nd July, 2019 - Requested to have medical and submit polio certificate only.

Visa Grant - 22nd October, 2019

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys

I am also a silent observer of this platform thank you everyone for your inputs it really help a lot

 I applied for my wife and 2 kids on 19 August 2019

Medicals the following week

1st co 4 September 2019 requesting police clearance certificate for my wife

2nd co 4 October 2019 requesting form 1229 for my kids and English fee 

I paid yesterday 22 October  and on 23 October l received the visa grant 

Thank you all

  • Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2019 at 17:59, Matso said:

Hello guys

I am also a silent observer of this platform thank you everyone for your inputs it really help a lot

 I applied for my wife and 2 kids on 19 August 2019

Medicals the following week

1st co 4 September 2019 requesting police clearance certificate for my wife

2nd co 4 October 2019 requesting form 1229 for my kids and English fee 

I paid yesterday 22 October  and on 23 October l received the visa grant 

Thank you all

Hi I am new on this site and I applied 489 1 year ago but still waiting any one have idea how long have to wait more thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hi I am new on this site and I applied 489 1 year ago but still waiting any one have idea how long have to wait more thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/10/2019 at 08:45, Pamila said:

 

Hi I am new on this site and I applied 489 1 year ago but still waiting any one have idea how long have to wait more thanks

Hi, Pamila. This is not a 489 family or state sponsor forum, its 489 subsequent entry forum. Hope you find appropriate forum to get some advice for your case. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 15/03/2020 at 16:16, arvind17 said:

anyone got visa recently?

A friend of mine got her husband's 489 subsequent entrant visa by 10th of March 2020, applied as of 26th of February 2020.

Only takes 14 days to get visa grant. (Onshore) 

 

I applied for my wife 489 SE by 9th of March 2020 and got CO contact on 13th of March 2020. (Offshore) 

Medical examinations and original copy of police check (I submitted English translated version only) were requested and submitted all requested documents on the same day (13th of March 2020) 

 

No further update yet.

Can you share your timelines? And also if there are any silent users, I will appreciate if you share your timeline details. 

 

Thanks in advance 

 

Edited by Kevin Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

What is the immigration fees for subsequent entrant 489?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aarry said:

Hi 

What is the immigration fees for subsequent entrant 489?

$4,045 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my wife's application was lodged on 31st march 2020, but we coudn't do medicals due to covid lockdown. So our agent informed the immigration department the same.

And finally medicals was done on 08th May. Hopefully our case will be looked into in the next few weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 09/05/2020 at 12:57, arvind17 said:

my wife's application was lodged on 31st march 2020, but we coudn't do medicals due to covid lockdown. So our agent informed the immigration department the same.

And finally medicals was done on 08th May. Hopefully our case will be looked into in the next few weeks.

Onshore or offshore? Is your application status initial assessment or further assessment, otherwise just received? 

Edited by Kevin Kim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, I have lodged my wife 489 SE visa (Offshore)  through an agent on 28 Feb 2020, CO asked for further documents within a week time.

Does anyone have an idea, what is the process timing of 489 SE offshore visa?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nave5 said:

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum, I have lodged my wife 489 SE visa (Offshore)  through an agent on 28 Feb 2020, CO asked for further documents within a week time.

Does anyone have an idea, what is the process timing of 489 SE offshore visa?

Thanks.

Now you can simply think it is completely stopped. They don't access any offshore applications at the moment. I applied for the 489 SE by 9th of March and received further document by 13th of March, and the status is further assessment. I just hope my wife get her visa in this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My application is offshore and i applied though agent. so i'm not sure of the status yet. I will have to pay my second installment to my agent after the case has been opened. So i guess status must still be in received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, arvind17 said:

My application is offshore and i applied though agent. so i'm not sure of the status yet. I will have to pay my second installment to my agent after the case has been opened. So i guess status must still be in received.

Thanks. mate. I think we are really on the same boat.

When I submitted all my documents, in order to reduce the visa processing time, I created separate file that I would like to pay the VAC2 payment for my wife as she doesn't have a functional English test result. After this pandemic, my wife studied and passed the functional English level and I submitted the English and I updated her English test and notified immigration that she passed and does not want to pay the VAC2 payment accordingly. 

Anyway, let's see when they grant the visa. Please share your case update once you get any further notifications from the immigration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×