Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

On 10/04/2019 at 17:16, Adds said:

I applied in November 1st week 2018 for my wife. We had straight refusal on 5th Dec. The reason were... no joint bank statement, no proof of financial support or liability and shared assets etc. No support from friends. CO was Kimberly! Nasty bitch! Giving us so much pain in our life I can't explain.

I had uploaded marriage certificates, pics of wedding and reception and pics from honeymoon. Also had uploaded some screenshots of our whatsapp conversation. We still had refusal. We had no financial documents as we were newly married and our marriage was semi-arranged type. 

I have applied for the same visa for my wife again mid Jan 2019. We had CO, Sophorn, contact on 14th Feb, requesting for Birth Certificate and Evidence of Relationship again. We had submitted so many proof of relationship this time from social media, from wedding, all whatsapp conversation, gifts, financial support (money transfer), 888 form from 3 friends and the list goes on. Also he said, IELTS was expired although it was only 18 months old. Its stated IELTS should not be more than 12 months old. 

Anyway, we submitted again what he asked for, but we have no answer so far. We been away 6 months now. Honestly it's a joke. I have lost so much money, faith, time and patience. 

To summarise the rant, I just want all people out there to submit all proofs of relationships as much as you can. Take no chances! We have suffered and we are still suffering. 

Thanks

Hi Adds, I was following your visa application progress in the forum. I have also got a refusal on the similar grounds as your wife was. 

I got married on 13 Jan 2019 

Applied for 489 SP on 15 Feb 2019 (already submitted marriage certificate)

CO contacted  on 27 Feb 2019 for further documents for Health Assessment  & Relationship proof

Doc submitted on 1 Mar 2019 (marriage and engagement photos & Skype chat)

Visitor visa applied on 8 Mar 2019

Visitor visa granted on 5 April 2019 ( for 6 months)

Came to Australia on 7 April 2019 (staying with my husband in SA)

Refusal of 489 SP on 30 July 2019 (on the basis of not enough proof of financial and social aspects relationship)

Visitor visa valid till 6 Oct 2019.

Want to know how to go forward now or how to reapply as I am in Australia so should I apply as a onshore applicant? 

On 31/07/2019 at 21:35, Mhk said:

Hi Adds, I was following your visa application progress in the forum. I have also got a refusal on the similar grounds as your wife was. 

I got married on 13 Jan 2019 

Applied for 489 SP on 15 Feb 2019 (already submitted marriage certificate)

CO contacted  on 27 Feb 2019 for further documents for Health Assessment  & Relationship proof

Doc submitted on 1 Mar 2019 (marriage and engagement photos & Skype chat)

Visitor visa applied on 8 Mar 2019

Visitor visa granted on 5 April 2019 ( for 6 months)

Came to Australia on 7 April 2019 (staying with my husband in SA)

Refusal of 489 SP on 30 July 2019 (on the basis of not enough proof of financial and social aspects relationship)

Visitor visa valid till 6 Oct 2019.

Want to know how to go forward now or how to reapply as I am in Australia so should I apply as a onshore applicant? 

hey body, im sorry for your case.

did you add more supporting evidence when your wife join you here in Australia?

may i know what supporting documents in details did you you submit for relationship evidence?

On 09/07/2019 at 18:18, chiragg said:

I have applied on 20th feb (5 months)  and still no reply. It was through Agent so I am not sure that wr have been contacted by CO or not.

Hey bro just a quick question, what was the status on your visa file from beginning till end? Did you keep a track by looking into your file online or not? 

I am silent reader of this forum.

489 subsequent entrant was granted for my family.

For you still waiting for grant here is my timeline

Application lodge on 6 Dec 2018

Co contact for additional documents 5 Feb 2019

Visa granted on 13 Aug 2019

Hi, guys. 

I have a plan to register my marriage relationship status with my girl friend next year February, and we are going to marry by the end of June.

I have read everyone's post and still not sure if she has to apply for tourist visa first and apply for 489 as onshore or she has to apply for 489 first as offshore and apply for tourist visa later unless it is granted within 4-5 months.

It seems to be many of you guys here let your partner comes to Australia as tourist visa first and apply for the 489 visa later. 

When you apply for the tourist visa in your native country, what purpose of visiting did you guys write? 

As my wife wants to work ASAP, so I would like to apply only 2 months tourist visa at first to make her bridging visa is in effect ASAP. \

Does anyone of you guys have been through same scenario of mine? 

Good day Folks,

I'm new to this forum and was reading the issues and comments and everyone's different experience with the 489 subsequent visa.

I have applied for my wife's 489 subsequent visa on 24th April 2018 early may 2018 CO came and asked for more Docs including medical and PC which we submitted on or before time. And then waited a long one year without any response or communication from the dept. at all! Then in April 2019 CO came again and again asked for more Docs and we submitted all requested documents on/before time. But since then till today it's over 16 months now that we applied this visa and still waiting for it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks 

Jit

5 minutes ago, P.P said:

hi everybody 

Just to let you guys know my wife got her visa on 27th August 19. Applied on 26 Feb 19. 

Good luck everybody. 

Congrats bro. 

Any contact of CO in between?

what was the application status through out?

thanks

Hi everyone, 

sorry could not update you about my wife's visa status.

Applied Offshore, my wife was in Nepal

Lodged on march 8, 2019

CO contacted after 10 days march 18, 2019, asked for health assessment

conducted health assessment march 22, 2019

Visa Grant on April 16, 2019

Luckily, It took less then 1.5 months, i think it is totally a luck of whose file is opened first, provided documents and reopened first again. My advice to everyone here will be, gather all documents, as many as you can, and upload it at once while lodging the visa. I was planning to apply for tourist visa, but the 489 subsequent visa came just 1 hour before the i lodged the tourist visa.  I used to read all these posts and to be frank it really helps. I will suggest you to read as many document as you can but don't believe everything, call and ask immigration, go to immigration office and ask about the confusions.

I am not a migration agent, nor an expert but i know how hard it is to wait for your loved ones.....so i am sharing what i have uploaded as relationship evidence

Relationship proof of 489 family subsequent, i uploaded following things

1. photographs of Marriage day (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

2. Photographs of Reception day (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

3. Photographs of my and my wife, make a photo story (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

4. Photographs of my wife with my family and relatives (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

5. Marriage Certificate from government

6. Relationship proof with your family from government

7. Travel tickets for honeymoon (flight tickets with boarding pass) and hotel booking for honeymoon

8. Joint bank account (Open new one in the name of couple, do some transactions and scan the statement showing both names)

9. all social media chats(facebook, whats app, viber, instagram, emails and skype video chat) screenshots (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

10. proof that you have send money to your wife account or joint account

provide details as you can, first make all documents ready and then apply and upload at a same time, and take a health assessment date after applying quickly.

Visitor visa is 50 percent chance at any cost. worth taking a risk. if you are rejected for visitor visa you have to go to the form again and tick previous visa rejected section somewhere and update it. just be aware that if 489 is decided first and then visitor visa is decided second then visitor visa will be valid, 489 will get cancelled.

Hope it helps everyone

i am not much active in this group now, but will see the post once a week or so

My Wife is here now and we have applied 887 on June 27, 2019. is there forum or group for 887 ???

All the Best Everyone

Thanks,

Pradip

• Congratulations 1

40 minutes ago, Pradip jung said:

Hi everyone, 

sorry could not update you about my wife's visa status.

Applied Offshore, my wife was in Nepal

Lodged on march 8, 2019

CO contacted after 10 days march 18, 2019, asked for health assessment

conducted health assessment march 22, 2019

Visa Grant on April 16, 2019

Luckily, It took less then 1.5 months, i think it is totally a luck of whose file is opened first, provided documents and reopened first again. My advice to everyone here will be, gather all documents, as many as you can, and upload it at once while lodging the visa. I was planning to apply for tourist visa, but the 489 subsequent visa came just 1 hour before the i lodged the tourist visa.  I used to read all these posts and to be frank it really helps. I will suggest you to read as many document as you can but don't believe everything, call and ask immigration, go to immigration office and ask about the confusions.

I am not a migration agent, nor an expert but i know how hard it is to wait for your loved ones.....so i am sharing what i have uploaded as relationship evidence

Relationship proof of 489 family subsequent, i uploaded following things

1. photographs of Marriage day (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

2. Photographs of Reception day (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

3. Photographs of my and my wife, make a photo story (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

4. Photographs of my wife with my family and relatives (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

5. Marriage Certificate from government

6. Relationship proof with your family from government

7. Travel tickets for honeymoon (flight tickets with boarding pass) and hotel booking for honeymoon

8. Joint bank account (Open new one in the name of couple, do some transactions and scan the statement showing both names)

9. all social media chats(facebook, whats app, viber, instagram, emails and skype video chat) screenshots (paste photos on word file and write small details below the photo)

10. proof that you have send money to your wife account or joint account

provide details as you can, first make all documents ready and then apply and upload at a same time, and take a health assessment date after applying quickly.

Visitor visa is 50 percent chance at any cost. worth taking a risk. if you are rejected for visitor visa you have to go to the form again and tick previous visa rejected section somewhere and update it. just be aware that if 489 is decided first and then visitor visa is decided second then visitor visa will be valid, 489 will get cancelled.

Hope it helps everyone

i am not much active in this group now, but will see the post once a week or so

My Wife is here now and we have applied 887 on June 27, 2019. is there forum or group for 887 ???

All the Best Everyone

Thanks,

Pradip

@Pradip jung  https://www.pomsinadelaide.com/topic/44612-887-visa-whats-the-update/?page=1490  Follow this forum for 887 

Hi everyone

I would like to share my happiness with grace of Waheguru (God) that we got 489 Subsequent Visa grant today for my wife today.

Here is the timeline

Visa applied: 30th May 2019

Additional Docs requested: 3rd June 2019 (Request for medical only)

Visa granted: Today 2nd September 2019.

Docs submitted: Passport, Birth Certificate, Indian ID cards, Form 80, PCC, Marriage Certificate, Religious Marriage Certificate, Wedding Invitations, Wedding & reception photos, Education docs, Phone & WhatsApp Chat history, Gold Billls (with names of ourselves on it), Electronics Goods & Furniture Bills (with names of ourselves on it), Mobile Bills, Joint Bank Account, Statement of relationship by each of us, Statutory Declaration from In-Laws Family. I hope it helps to all of you.

All the best for your applications.

• Congratulations 2

4 hours ago, ErKamboj said:

Hi everyone

I would like to share my happiness with grace of Waheguru (God) that we got 489 Subsequent Visa grant today for my wife today.

Here is the timeline

Visa applied: 30th May 2019

Additional Docs requested: 3rd June 2019 (Request for medical only)

Visa granted: Today 2nd September 2019.

Docs submitted: Passport, Birth Certificate, Indian ID cards, Form 80, PCC, Marriage Certificate, Religious Marriage Certificate, Wedding Invitations, Wedding & reception photos, Education docs, Phone & WhatsApp Chat history, Gold Billls (with names of ourselves on it), Electronics Goods & Furniture Bills (with names of ourselves on it), Mobile Bills, Joint Bank Account, Statement of relationship by each of us, Statutory Declaration from In-Laws Family. I hope it helps to all of you.

All the best for your applications.

Congratulations 💐...

We have submitted all the above mentioned documents with the application itself (April 2018) and then after we have submitted Indian PC and Medical and throughout the year we have even submitted any updated information and documents regarding our marriage relationship.

After 1 year (March 2019) CO came and asked for more relationship documents and we have again submitted all the requested documents before time. But since then no news at all!

I have contacted immigration department numerous times with no real explaination about the delay. They are only saying the application is under assessment still, in our immi account it is also showing further assessment!

God knows what they are waiting for!🙄

4 minutes ago, Jit said:

Congratulations 💐...

We have submitted all the above mentioned documents with the application itself (April 2018) and then after we have submitted Indian PC and Medical and throughout the year we have even submitted any updated information and documents regarding our marriage relationship.

After 1 year (March 2019) CO came and asked for more relationship documents and we have again submitted all the requested documents before time. But since then no news at all!

I have contacted immigration department numerous times with no real explaination about the delay. They are only saying the application is under assessment still, in our immi account it is also showing further assessment!

God knows what they are waiting for!🙄

Thank you for your wishes.

I know mate its so annoying. I feel for you.

Why don't you raise complaint on "Global Feedback Unit" link is here https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions 

I remember originally when I lodged my Skilled Regional 489 Visa i had to wait for 19 months to get visa grant. I was suggested by someone to lodge compliant about delay in visa processing and within no days they finalized my application after request of some additional docs. Its recommend to lodge complaint if you have already crossed the standard processing time. Even recently last month i suggested to my friend to do the same for his 489 Subsequent Visa and they have started processing his application. He has been waiting since 11 months.

Note: Its my personal experience which i am sharing to lodge complaint with Global Processing Unit. Please research in depth before you go ahead for GFU.

2 minutes ago, ErKamboj said:

Thank you for your wishes.

I know mate its so annoying. I feel for you.

Why don't you raise complaint on "Global Feedback Unit" link is here https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions 

I remember originally when I lodged my Skilled Regional 489 Visa i had to wait for 19 months to get visa grant. I was suggested by someone to lodge compliant about delay in visa processing and within no days they finalized my application after request of some additional docs. Its recommend to lodge complaint if you have already crossed the standard processing time. Even recently last month i suggested to my friend to do the same for his 489 Subsequent Visa and they have started processing his application. He has been waiting since 11 months.

Note: Its my personal experience which i am sharing to lodge complaint with Global Processing Unit. Please research in depth before you go ahead for GFU.

Thanks for your response. Yeah, 3 times so far we have submitted our feedback and asked why it's taking sooo long to process?

And every time the response was 'the application is still under process/assessment and we need to wait! 

And in July( 14th month) we complained again through GFU and the reply was - the application is still under assessment and no documents is required at the moment, and also they have advised to keep the communication with the dept. at a minimum so they can process our application faster, and the most frustrating (funny too) thing is they answered like this after 14 months of our application! ( I mean how fast ? It is 16th months now. Come on!)

And now it is 16th month running. I have called the immigration minister office in Sydney and Canberra in July and they advised they will follow up! But......

Now Doha website is saying there is no standard processing time available for this visa!

Don't know what's happening there!

3 hours ago, Jit said:

Thanks for your response. Yeah, 3 times so far we have submitted our feedback and asked why it's taking sooo long to process?

And every time the response was 'the application is still under process/assessment and we need to wait! 

And in July( 14th month) we complained again through GFU and the reply was - the application is still under assessment and no documents is required at the moment, and also they have advised to keep the communication with the dept. at a minimum so they can process our application faster, and the most frustrating (funny too) thing is they answered like this after 14 months of our application! ( I mean how fast ? It is 16th months now. Come on!)

And now it is 16th month running. I have called the immigration minister office in Sydney and Canberra in July and they advised they will follow up! But......

Now Doha website is saying there is no standard processing time available for this visa!

Don't know what's happening there!

Whats the status its showing you?
Whats the date of Last Updated?

Did you consult any Mara Agent?

9 hours ago, Avneet said:

Whats the status its showing you?
Whats the date of Last Updated?

Did you consult any Mara Agent?

Hi Avneet,

The status is showing as 'Further assessment'.

Last update was on 18th April 2019. 

And this visa application I have submitted through an Australian immigration consultants/agent.

Even my agent has written to GFU last June and got the reply as 'no further requirements at this stage and the visa application is still under process/assessment!' 

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Any grants ?

Whats the status it shows online, after you submit all the documents?

Mine shows “Received”, is this the same for everyone?  Does it show Initial assessment  after the case officer sees the application? 

I am also curios as I uploaded the documents slowly on diffferent dates after I submitted the applications.

Will the case officer  be able to see all  the 55 attachments  which are uploaded on different date when he sees the file  ? 

2 hours ago, Avneet said:

Hi Everyone, 

with Waheguru ji(God’s) Grace, my wife got visa today. 

Timeline:

Visa applied: Mid March

submitted all the docs at once. No CO contact direct grant.

hope everyone waiting gets their grant soon. 

Thanks

@Avneet Congrats !!! finally the wait is over. Bit it seems that now they are taking 6 months to give a grant