Timeline for 489 Skilled Subsequent Entrant

Sreeja

Hi,

Was searching for an on-going thread but couldn't find one, hence I am starting my own.

My husband has been in Australia on his 489 for the past 2 years. He recently added me on the Subsequent Entrant 489 category in Nov 2017. Since I was already here visiting him therefore we applied under the on-shore category. In early December, a case officer (CO) responded back asking for additional documents which we duly submitted within a week's time. However its been over a month now (considering holiday season), and I am still waiting for a response from the CO. Can anyone please advise how much more time it'll probably take? The Immi website says subsequent entrant 489 is not a priority category hence it'll be processed on case basis. But I just want to know someone else's personal experience!

Please do advise or share your timelines.

Thanks!

Hi Sreeja, My wife applied for the same on Aug 25, 2017.. Co came on 5 Sep 2017 asking to submit an additional document and we submitted it  on Sep 6th. After that no news till date..Usually, it will take 5-6 months(For India) from the time of application submission. So you have to wait patiently...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update Sreeja!:smile:.....I have gone through above link..but the 'speed grants'  discussed there are  '489 visa' and not  '489 subsequent entrant visa'...489 is priority processing visa!.....I tried a lot to get a timeline for a 489 subsequent entrant visa filed in 2017, but not yet find one even after searching many forums...Our file passed 5 months from the CO first contact...Don't know what to do!....:rolleyes:

Hi Jose, I am so happy and relieved to inform you that yesterday I got my visa grant :) My wait was short of 3 months. I am still praying for your wife's application, I am sure it'll come soon now. Do let me know when you get it. Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...

Good day...

could anyone guide me on how to apply for the SC 489 Subsequent Entrant...

I am planning to apply for my spouse..

Do I apply via my IMMI account or do I create a separate IMMI account for him ..

Secondly.. will my spouse share the same Transaction Reference Number..

Many thanks...

• 3 months later...
On 02/04/2018 at 20:57, Joanne Asha said:

Good day...

Do I apply via my IMMI account or do I create a separate IMMI account for him ..

Many thanks...

I know this reply is too late...Then also, may helpful for somebody....

Create a separate Immi account for him...When he apply through his immi account, in the first page of the application, YOUR date of birth and YOUR 489's Transaction reference number should be filled.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/08/2018 at 03:08, Jose said:

It has been approved on end of June 2018 after 9 months. Thank God!

Hi Jose,

This is great news.. Congratulations!! I had been thinking abt ur status ? Bdw have u already applied for 887? I'm in another forum group (for 887) and I think u're also there ??

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sreeja

I m new here, I have a same situation as you had. I m in 489 visa, it will expired on 1st march 2019. I m already eligible to apply 887. I got married recently and my wife is here with visitor visa. I m planning to apply for 489 subsequent visa for her but I m little worried that if she didnt get visa before my visa expired. Do you have any suggestions regarding my issue. And also Is it alright to apply 489 subsequent visa while she is in visitor visa. 

6 hours ago, Ganesh said:

Hi Sreeja

I m new here, I have a same situation as you had. I m in 489 visa, it will expired on 1st march 2019. I m already eligible to apply 887. I got married recently and my wife is here with visitor visa. I m planning to apply for 489 subsequent visa for her but I m little worried that if she didnt get visa before my visa expired. Do you have any suggestions regarding my issue. And also Is it alright to apply 489 subsequent visa while she is in visitor visa. 

Hi Ganesh,

Yes, your wife’s case is very similar to mine. I would strongly recommend you to apply for her subsequent entrant visa as soon as possible (given you hav all the required docs) while she is on a visitor’s visa. This is because I feel that the timeline for on-shore applicants is shorter than those off-shore. Mine was less than 3 months and since there very few applicants for this visa so hopefully the timeline should not differ much.

All the Best. Don’t delay. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Hi Ganesh,

Honestly, I don't have much idea about this. I myself applied through an agent since I wanted to be sure of the procedures and wanted no delays during my short stay here. But I can tell you from my bridging visa doc, that there is a chance the bridging visa might not come into effect even if the travel visa expires. You would still need to inform the Department immediately. I think once you do that, either your wife will get a Bridging Visa B that would allow her to return to Australia or they'll make the existing bridging visa come into effect. Either way, your wife will have to be onshore while a decision is made on her application.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got the invitation for my 489 family sponsored last year sept. i Submitted all the documents and everything. Recently i have got married and i added my partner in visa applicatio. At the beginning $1800 was charged for additional applicant and i was asked to submit the additional applicant form through immi account. Yesterday, I got an email from visa officer that rules does not allow you to add spouse in your temporary application. You can add them separately as a subsequent applicant once the decision on your visa is finalised.

Can someone please help me?

On 02/04/2018 at 20:57, Joanne Asha said:

Good day...

Many thanks...

I got the invitation for my 489 family sponsored last year sept. i Submitted all the documents and everything. Recently i have got married and i added my partner in visa applicatio. At the beginning $1800 was charged for additional applicant and i was asked to submit the additional applicant form through immi account. Yesterday, I got an email from visa officer that rules does not allow you to add spouse in your temporary application. You can add them separately as a subsequent applicant once the decision on your visa is finalised.

Can someone please help me on this one?