register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

ssgaurav2000

Case office assigned Tasmania 489

Hi All

I recently received email saying that Case office was assigned to my case for 489 visa 

Al though my Job code is not in State list but its in consolidated list . 

What should i expect next ?

I have 75 points with State sponsorship 

Thanks 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Hi 

When did you paid for your visa.

I paid in mid December and still awaiting response and for case office..

im in the same boat as Sagga, 

I have paid for my visa and also completed my medical. 

bit odd that even though Tasmania was willing to sponsor you, the DIBP said no. 

how long where you waiting for a case officer ssgaurav2000 ? I'm wondering if its because you hadn't paid the fee and that might in their eyes made it easier to say no. 

as I can't see why they don't accept skills on the Tasmanian consolidated list... whats the point in the list then ? 

I'm only saying this as I'm on the consolidated list, as is SAGGA. 

what skill was it you where applying with ? 

Edited by JD3006

sounds like you were refused after this application by Tasmania State Growth Dept

Normally if successful you would be accepted via email by the State Growth department and a link would appear in your Immi Account to start the next section where you fill out more questions and then pay the visa cost. then after paying you will be able to go ahead with medical, police check etc to complete the application

This is all then passed to DIBP case officer for their final opinion on the case and then if all correct and no miss information has been used it should be passed. 

so unfortunately to me sounds like you where declined at the first step. but I'm sure someone on here would know the exact cause and or procedure as I'm not an agent. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By palmtrees
        Hi all,
        Its a bit of a long shot but I’m wondering if anyone on this site know anyone or them themselves have successfully applied for permanent skilled migration under Drainer, or who have worked as a Sewer Technician (unblocks, cctv, repair and maintenance work etc)
        My partner has worked as a sewer technician for 10+ years in the UK, we are currently in Australia on a 457. We are looking into PR via subclass 190 visa but it seems to apply as a ‘Drainer’ you need to have experience and qualifications in Gas and Plumbing also?
        My partner doesn’t have any gas experience but has some minor plumbing experience but no qualifications. He has qualifications in Jetting and CCTV work etc which we believe aren’t enough for the skill assessment.
        Any personal experiences from anyone who has been in a similar situation/ any other visa recommendations would be much appreciated! 

• By Sreeja
        Hi,
        Was searching for an on-going thread but couldn't find one, hence I am starting my own.
        My husband has been in Australia on his 489 for the past 2 years. He recently added me on the Subsequent Entrant 489 category in Nov 2017. Since I was already here visiting him therefore we applied under the on-shore category. In early December, a case officer (CO) responded back asking for additional documents which we duly submitted within a week's time. However its been over a month now (considering holiday season), and I am still waiting for a response from the CO. Can anyone please advise how much more time it'll probably take? The Immi website says subsequent entrant 489 is not a priority category hence it'll be processed on case basis. But I just want to know someone else's personal experience!
        Please do advise or share your timelines.
        Thanks!
      • By Leemason
        Hi,
        I am only just starting to look into a skilled visa. 
        I will be applying for a visa as a Fitter (General) 
        Basically, I am currently a maintenance engineer with 5 years experience but my background is in the RAF,  as an aircraft maintenance engineer (15 years experience) I would like to include my RAF experience in my application but I'm not sure how I get the relevant job statement from the RAF as I have been a veteran for 5 years. 
        My question, has anyone got a job statement from the armed forces even though not serving any more? 
        Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 
      • By Brit27
        Hello.
        Found this site through Facebook. I’m just hoping for direction on what visa is best for me in my circumstances.
        Im single, 27, reside in the UK. At home I’m in the Public Sector working for an Emergency Service with a degree in policing. I’m fully aware this isn’t a skill or a career that could be brought across to Australia. 
        Ive visited Perth, WA lots. I’m actually here at the moment. Half of my family live here, my Dad is a Australian Citizen but wasn’t when I was born (his dad was). He left when I was four, re married an Aussie and attained his citizenship via that method. He still lives in WA as do my half siblings, grandparents, aunties, uncles etc. I really want to move to Australia permanently. 
        As for many it’ll be a massive move for me, selling my house, car, leaving work. I’d like to get into something with reasonable pay but from the research I’ve done in my circumstances I think the only present way I can get into Australia is on a restricted 12 month working visa? 
        Obviously it’s a lot to give up purely for that 12 month working visa with no guarantee of being able to stay, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me or possible routes I could look down? 
        Thanks for the help.
      • By Toots
        Tasmania is affected by Australia's reputation for backpacker exploitation resulting in a shortage of fruit pickers this coming season.
        http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/5162215/fruit-pickers-give-tasmania-the-flick/