Visa status

angvil

Hi I applied my 457 visa on December 2015and got my 457 visa on November 2016 but just then my employer had to sell the business so haven’t worked in tax but luckily I found a sponsor and applied through him on January 2017 but still haven’t got my employer change .. I had my visa till 2020 can anyone tell me what visa I currently hold ?? And what are the processing time for employer change?? And I still haven’t worked in tax from the place I got my sponsorship as the lawyer said I can’t work there untill I get the visa ?? And I am working temporarily somewhere else on tax .. does this affect my visa status ??

I'm not sure what you mean by "worked in tax", but you can only work for the employer who holds your sponsorship.  If your original employer sold the business and you're no longer working there, then you cannot work at all until the employer change on your 457 goes through.  If you are temporarily working somewhere else, then you are in breach of your visa and could have it cancelled.

• Like 1

So you are saying I can’t work at all?? It’s been a year since I applied my visa ?? So just wait untill my employer change goes through ?? Wouldn’t I be in problem if I don’t work at all ?? Coz I can only start working at my new employer after I get the visa ??

10 hours ago, angvil said:

Hi I applied my 457 visa on December 2015and got my 457 visa on November 2016 but just then my employer had to sell the business so haven’t worked in tax but luckily I found a sponsor and applied through him on January 2017 but still haven’t got my employer change .. I had my visa till 2020 can anyone tell me what visa I currently hold ?? And what are the processing time for employer change?? And I still haven’t worked in tax from the place I got my sponsorship as the lawyer said I can’t work there untill I get the visa ?? And I am working temporarily somewhere else on tax .. does this affect my visa status ??

If you have a Registered Agent working on your application, they should be able to answer all of your questions.

12 month to process a 457 nomination to transfer your current visa is very unusual, as these applications are usually processed very quickly.

You already have the visa, You just need the nomination approved,  as the MA above has stated its normally quicker than 12 months. I think someone needs to look into your case. Maybe get the potential employer to get a MA involved. 

I suggest you check your current visa status on VEVO

Edited by Samson
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, angvil said:

I don’t know why it’s taking so much time my employer said the immigration have been asking for files and they have provided them but still no sign of the visa

12 month is completely unreasonable for a transfer application, while you are left in a position where you cannot work.

If you are working "somewhere else" other than your original sponsor then you are in breach of your visa conditions and risk visa cancellation.

These are all things your Agent should have made clear to you.

• Like 1

You already have the visa, You just need the nomination approved,  as the MA above has stated its normally quicker than 12 months. I think someone needs to look into your case. Maybe get the potential employer to get a MA involved. 
I suggest you check your current visa status on VEVO

I haven’t worked at all so how would I pay tax ?? I recently started working for someone in tax but I will leave the work now ... I worked coz I thought the government would ask why haven’t u worked at all in a year?? While my visa situation is in their hand