You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hey, I was wondering could anyone help me as I am really stressing over my second year working holiday visa. I applied for my second year working holiday visa at the end of November, with my first year expiring in December, and received an email today saying they require more information, so therefore my application is being investigated. I completed my regional work from the 29th of may to the 29th of September so 4 months all in. The post code and work completed are fine as I was working as a labourer in a regional area. It is the hours I am worried about, I worked between 4-6 days a week, however some days I only worked as little as 5 hours. On the Australian government website it  states "One full day of work is defined as having worked the minimum number of hours considered to be a standard day by the particular industry in which the applicant is employed."I'm not even sure what the minimum hours for construction are as I can't find the information online. Has anyone been investigated and had a similar experience or able to provide me with any advice? My payslips state the hours worked in a two week period and not the amount of hours work on any given day. If anyone can offer any help it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Toots
        Tasmania is affected by Australia's reputation for backpacker exploitation resulting in a shortage of fruit pickers this coming season.
        http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/5162215/fruit-pickers-give-tasmania-the-flick/
      • By Cjeynes
        Hello, 
        I’m looking for some advise on the 2nd working holiday visa. 
        I’ve now been waiting for 9 weeks on my application, my boyfriend and I lodged them at the same time and his got approved in 4 weeks! 
        We did everything correctly, supplied ALL documents, got paid enough, worked on a farm for 96 days etc etc. 
        I did get asked to provide more information with a form all about the farm which was about a month ago and I’ve heard nothing. 
        I just don’t know what to do, I’m freaking out and wondering if anybody else’s 2nd year visa is taking this long? Is this normal? I’m in limbo here and losing my damn mind
      • By NimaGhaemi
        Hi all
        I have now been waiting 8 weeks and 4 days for my 417 working holiday visa to be granted and still no answer.  The travel agent I purchased the visa through has chased DIBP twice for me and still no response, I have also been in touch with the processing team via email and chased them twice however no response. 
        There is a number you can call on the DIBP website which is 0061 131 881... you usually have to hold for approximately 40 minutes to speak to one of the team.  
        I spoke with a gentlemen called Alex last night and he tried calling the processing team in Queensland however there was no response, he sent them an email and asked for them to email me an update - I'm mindful that they have never responded to any of our emails and that they never will respond.  
        Its a really tricky situation as I've missed my flight, lost out on a job and also lost money on an Airbnb.  The process shouldn't take this long and I HAVE NOT been asked for any medical tests, I don't not have any criminal convictions and I hold a British passport (born in the UK)
        Is anyone else experiencing serious delays here??? any advise on what could be going on and who I could potentially call? its driving me insane no hanging around in limbo
        Thanks
        Nima 
      • By naomi
        Hi all, hope whoever is reading this is well, 
        Has anyone had their 417 Working holiday visa denied?
        I applied for a 417 Working Holiday Visa (I'm a pommie) and on the form it asked if i have ever overstayed my visa in a country, which unfortunately i have done, when i was in Taiwan 2014 (obviously not meaning to- forgot to renew my visa so I went to renew it and turned out I had to renew this visa outside of the country and i had actually already overstayed so I flew home and paid a fine at the airport before leaving).

My visa has not been approved/denied yet but I know Australia is strict on not wanting possible overstayers and I've read in many posts people (Brits) getting their visas approved in minutes. So, I am wondering if I'm going to end up waiting the 36 working days to find that my visa will be denied, because of my Taiwan overstay! Anyone been in this position before and had their visa approved (or denied), albeit in the 36 working day processing time frame? 
        I've been granted a student visa before when i studied in Australia for 3 years (2010-2013) and didn't breach any rules on my visa there, so hoping that counts for something?
        Thanks in advance for any insight on the situation- I'm just very excited to get started on my aussie adventure but now worrying my visa won't be granted!
        Naomi
      • By Juniper753
        Hi all - new to forum, signed up especially as hit a new low following the ATO's WHV tax rebate rules.
        looking for people in similar situation.
        As per the ato website WHV holders who have earnt $18,200 or more between Jan-Jun 2017 will get essentially NO TAX FREE THRESHOLD on any income received Jul-Dec 2016.
        Say you earnt $18,200 in Jul-Dec 2016 and $18,200 in Jan-Jun 2017: this means you pay 15% on WHV income which also in turn erodes the tax free threshold on earlier income resulting in paying 19% tax on $18,200 PLUS 15% tax on $18,200.

This can’t be right surely??????
        I've gone from overpaying my Jun-Dec 2016 tax by $2-3k (pro-rata threshold / previous tax rules) to not only having that eroded by income earnt in 2017 but I now owe tax apparently, even though I've been consistently paying 15% tax in 2017.
        (FI I earnt approx $24k 2016 and $15k 2017 paying $7k in tax in total)