Help with Australian Citizenship

Hafeez

HI all

I migrated here on 189 visas and got my PR on 16th Sept 2013

I first entered Australia on 10th April 2014 and stayed for 2 weeks and went back to my home country

Then i moved here permanently on 17th August 2014. i wanted to check if i am eligible for the Australian citizenship but am confused with the fact that which date is my Lawful Resident Date

is it 10th April 2014 or 17th August 2014.

can someone help me pls as if i select 10th April 2014 i can apply for citizenship by 15th May 2018

hope you can advice me

Edited by Hafeez
spelling mistake

HI all
I migrated here on 189 visas and got my PR on 16th Sept 2013
I first entered Australia on 10th April 2014 and stayed for 2 weeks and went back to my home country
Then i moved here permanently on 17th August 2014. i wanted to check if i am eligible for the Australian citizenship but am confused with the fact that which date is my Lawful Resident Date
is it 10th April 2014 or 17th August 2014.
can someone help me pls as if i select 10th April 2014 i can apply for citizenship by 15th May 2018
hope you can advice me

I think, it is from the date you first entered as a PR but I think the period you stayed outside Australia after your first entry will be deducted to complete the period.

Your Lawful Residence Date would be your first entry to Australia regardless of a PR or a TR visa. 

I would assume your first entry was 10 April 2014.

You can check the Immi website and have a go at the Residence Calculator which will give you a more accurate answer. 

Good luck!

• Like 1