Visa 103 - Is this a joke now?

deejay777

It is well publicised that this visa takes approximately 30 years.

For people who lodged in April 2016 (a few month before you), there are currently over 30,000 ahead in the queue. The queue increase by approximately 1,000 each months, so for an October 2016 application, you are looking at somewhere between 36,000 to 37,000 ahead in the queue.

With only 1,500 places for the non contributory stream (both 103 and 804) you are looking a a couple of decades before your application is assessed.

A contributory parent visa should be considered if finances allow.

21 hours ago, deejay777 said:

@Raul SeniseHi Raul,

Thank you for your reply/

I'm fully aware of the 30 year's wait. My concern is the queue date. I've been waiting for 14 months and not being allocated with a "queue date‘’ which means I don't even have a place in that queue.

Yes, the last application lodgement date being asked to undertake medicals and provide police clearances prior to the issuing of a queue date is 24 Dec 2015.

Best regards.

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, can1983 said:

why would anyone apply for this visa? surely 95% of those applying will either die, give up hope or be too frail to move once the visa is granted? surely this visa should just be closed down its like selling tickets to mars

The Government did try to abolish this visa, however, the Greens blocked it in Parliament.

I think applying for it is a joke... people must be hoping that everyone ahead of them suddenly withdraws and they get the willy wonka golden ticket

I assume that this wait is new? surely todays recipients of this visa didn't apply in 1985 and are now 99 years old in a care home?

6 minutes ago, can1983 said:

I think applying for it is a joke... people must be hoping that everyone ahead of them suddenly withdraws and they get the willy wonka golden ticket

I assume that this wait is new? surely todays recipients of this visa didn't apply in 1985 and are now 99 years old in a care home?

Well if people are not prepared to wait there is always the option to Pay for another visa!