Canadian moving to Brisbane

JamesJayden

Hey everyone,
Just found this web forum from doing random research for preparations on moving to Brisbane in February.
Just looking for some information on where to meet people who like to go for dinners, go for a drink and into sight seeing, going out and activities of that nature.
I'm from a small town in Canada and this will be my first time in Australia but am very interested in what is to come.
I'm a 27 year old gay male who is looking forward to making the best of my time while in Australia. I currently have a working holiday visa but am applying for PR as soon as I get into Australia.
Thanks in advance to everyone for your time.
J

• 1 month later...

Have a look on meetup.com - lots of groups that meet up regularly. Some are for people sharing a particular interest or hobby, others are just social. Join a sports club if you're into sports. Sports are huge here so I'm sure you'd meet people. You can also check out internations.org - great way to meet other expats. This is great when you're new to a city and you may meet other people through them.