Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Aussiebird

RRV questions

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what supporting documents are needed for a RRV 155 visa? I can't find any info anywhere online? 

I have 2 brothers in Australia, one I'm very close to, the other not, the one I'm close to helped so much with my husband's previous Partner subclass 100 visa with supporting letter etc so I assume he will need to to do the same with RRV 155 too? 

My family in Australia are the ties needed for the application. I have an auntie and cousins in Australia but no contact for years, excluding my brothers, so just worried that only being able to get supporting evidence from one brother will affect the application.

Can anyone advise please?

The RRV 155 process seems quite complicated and worried my husband won't be granted one.

The only other option would to get another SC 100 visa but it's expensive now.

Thanks in advance. Xx

Edited by Aussiebird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Does anyone know what supporting documents are needed for a RRV 155 visa? I can't find any info anywhere online? 

I have 2 brothers in Australia, one I'm very close to, the other not, the one I'm close to helped so much with my husband's previous Partner subclass 100 visa with supporting letter etc so I assume he will need to to do the same with RRV 155 too? 

My family in Australia are the ties needed for the application. I have an auntie and cousins in Australia but no contact for years, excluding my brothers, so just worried that only being able to get supporting evidence from one brother will affect the application.

Can anyone advise please?

The RRV 155 process seems quite complicated and worried my husband won't be granted one.

The only other option would to get another SC 100 visa but it's expensive now.

Thanks in advance. Xx

Evidence or your citizenship (certified copy of your passport)

Marriage Certificate 

Current evidence of your relationship - bank statements/joint ownerships of assets,

Evidence of previous visa

Evidence of his substantial ties to Aus e.g. job contract, property/ evidence of close family relationships with people in Aus (proof of relationship to those family members eg. letters, photos' etc.,  property in Aus  are some things that you could include

 

 


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali said:

Evidence or your citizenship (certified copy of your passport)

Marriage Certificate 

Current evidence of your relationship - bank statements/joint ownerships of assets,

Evidence of previous visa

Evidence of his substantial ties to Aus e.g. job contract, property/ evidence of close family relationships with people in Aus (proof of relationship to those family members eg. letters, photos' etc.,  property in Aus  are some things that you could include

 

 

Thank you Ali. The problem I am having is my husband didn't keep the letter when he was granted his partner visa nor does he have any emails going back to 2012 when it was granted. I don't know if I can ring anyone to ask? Everything seems so long-winded!! X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Thank you Ali. The problem I am having is my husband didn't keep the letter when he was granted his partner visa nor does he have any emails going back to 2012 when it was granted. I don't know if I can ring anyone to ask? Everything seems so long-winded!! X

Did the visa go into his passport?

 


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's found the email!! Can this be sent with the supporting evidence for a RRV 155? Do you know if this would help?

Many thanks. X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know - I think you should do as Snifter suggested and contact an agent to be 100% sure that you're doing it correctly.  Your application for an RRV isn't straight forward and whilst we as forum members can offer advice - we're not the experts.


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@Aussiebird I've split this out from the thread you had posted it in. You'll hopefully get more replies this way. 

His email? You mean his visa grant notice? If so, that should have his visa info on it. If that is needed for the RRV application then you should put it on the forms or include it in the application where its needed. 

I have said it before, but given you may well be having to splash out $7000 if the RRV is declined, it may well pay you to run your case past a decent agent to ensure you are going about the RRV etc in the right way. You seem very uncertain and if this is the case, an agent could really help clarify things and guide you properly in the RRV part. You yourself are Australian are you not? So its your husbands visa application. If this means both of you are not understanding the process or what is required, best to check with an agent to ensure you are doing the right things and the BEST things to stand a chance of an RRV being granted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Snifter for moving the post, i appreciate that. 

Im assuming having a case officer is not a free service as ive noted previously one was able to provide limited information, thus after requiring a fee. I have not asked how much fees are etcbut i need to get this application done asap to avoid being told my husband has been out of Australia  for too long to qualify for the visa.

I do have a problem applying online though as it wont let me type on all the questions, as ive mentioned before, im not very good with computers!!

If anyone can help me in the direction with applying online for the RRV 155 id be most grateful, thank you. Xx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Thanks Snifter for moving the post, i appreciate that. 

Im assuming having a case officer is not a free service as ive noted previously one was able to provide limited information, thus after requiring a fee. I have not asked how much fees are etcbut i need to get this application done asap to avoid being told my husband has been out of Australia  for too long to qualify for the visa.

I do have a problem applying online though as it wont let me type on all the questions, as ive mentioned before, im not very good with computers!!

If anyone can help me in the direction with applying online for the RRV 155 id be most grateful, thank you. Xx

A case officer is assigned to you by DHA (DIBP) after you apply and you pay for them as part of the fee. Case officers work for immigration. Are you thinking of an agent maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

A case officer is assigned to you by DHA (DIBP) after you apply and you pay for them as part of the fee. Case officers work for immigration. Are you thinking of an agent maybe?

If he is assigned a case officer them im assuming we dont need an agent then?

Edited by Aussiebird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The case officer is the person who will either grant or refuse the visa.  The agent, was suggested as you seem unsure of what you're actually going to apply for and they will be able to give you their opinion on the avenue that may be most successful.  

 

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

If he is assigned a case officer them im assuming we dont need an agent then?

An agent is someone you should be consulting with before you apply. They are there to advise on the application and help with it. You pay them for their services. They are not connected to the immigration department.

A case officer works for the immigration department. Everyone who applies has their application looked at by a case officer before a decision is made to grant or refuse the application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

An agent is someone you should be consulting with before you apply. They are there to advise on the application and help with it. You pay them for their services. They are not connected to the immigration department.

A case officer works for the immigration department. Everyone who applies has their application looked at by a case officer before a decision is made to grant or refuse the application.

We didnt consult an agent when my husband applied for his subclass 100 partner visa and it was granted no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

We didnt consult an agent when my husband applied for his subclass 100 partner visa and it was granted no problem.

But at the moment you're talking about applying for 3 different things.  An agent will be able to answer all your questions and make sure the application is right.  Remember that forum members and not experts, I e.g. haven't applied for either a Partner or RRV.  


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
4 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

We didnt consult an agent when my husband applied for his subclass 100 partner visa and it was granted no problem.

No you don't need to use an agent. Not everyone does. But given the amount of questions and things you seem to be asking and your confusion at what you should be supplying for the RRV you would do well to consult one IMHO. Also your lack of knowledge re computers concerns me as you may miss attaching or including something or some such. If you are struggling and need to get this application in, get some professional help asap. 

Any of those who post on here would be a good starting point @Raul Senise @Alan Collett @Richard Gregan @wrussell 

Honestly, I don't feel you are going about this RRV in the best way and you risk stuffing it up if you don't submit a decent application. For the sake of saving you $7000 for a new partner visa, consulting an agent and if need be paying a fee for their services to help you get the RRV may be a very good option. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, snifter said:

No you don't need to use an agent. Not everyone does. But given the amount of questions and things you seem to be asking and your confusion at what you should be supplying for the RRV you would do well to consult one IMHO. Also your lack of knowledge re computers concerns me as you may miss attaching or including something or some such. If you are struggling and need to get this application in, get some professional help asap. 

Any of those who post on here would be a good starting point @Raul Senise @Alan Collett @Richard Gregan @wrussell 

Honestly, I don't feel you are going about this RRV in the best way and you risk stuffing it up if you don't submit a decent application. For the sake of saving you $7000 for a new partner visa, consulting an agent and if need be paying a fee for their services to help you get the RRV may be a very good option. 

 

Out of the 3 options my husband has, he has said he really would like to try the citizenship route first through ministerial discretion but need to find out how its done. If that fails then will have to assign an agent for a RRV.

Its me thats trying to find out too much in one go.

Thanks kindly. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Did you say he had lodged an application or had been planning to? 

 I'm going to say it again here, but consult an agent to discuss. I for one don't feel comfortable keeping on as I feel you are digging a deeper hole on this and really should seek professional advice and if need be, be prepared to pay for it. 

An agent has already replied to you re the citizenship elsewhere on the forum. Perhaps follow up with them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Out of the 3 options my husband has, he has said he really would like to try the citizenship route first through ministerial discretion but need to find out how its done. If that fails then will have to assign an agent for a RRV.

Its me thats trying to find out too much in one go.

Thanks kindly. :)

I think you would definitely need some expert advice if you are going to apply through ministerial discretion - this won't be as straight forward as an ordinary application and I would imagine that you have to have everything perfect.  All these things will incur costs - again an agent will be able to look at all of your proposed pathways and advise on the best course of action for you.


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ali said:

I think you would definitely need some expert advice if you are going to apply through ministerial discretion - this won't be as straight forward as an ordinary application and I would imagine that you have to have everything perfect.  All these things will incur costs - again an agent will be able to look at all of your proposed pathways and advise on the best course of action for you.

Weve just had a fee quote with an agent of $600 first, then $3,250, had no idea it would cost that much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aussiebird said:

Weve just had a fee quote with an agent of $600 first, then $3,250, had no idea it would cost that much!

And that is for what? Ministerial Discretion? RRV? New Spouse Visa? 

I have to agree with the others, following your posts I really think you need an agent, even though it will cost you. The original application was a straightforward spouse visa, they often don't need any agent's input, they are straightforward tick the box type stuff. But if you are now trying a RRV, proving links to a country you have not lived in for some time, or citizenship via Min discretion - which is very unusual and needs careful presentation, then you do need assistance. Otherwise you are just going to end up with a refusal out of hand. An agnt could make all the difference. 

And to be honest, if you look at the overall cost of the visa/citizenship, flights, removal and shipping costs, set-up costs in oz etc, $3250 is a drop in the ocean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

And that is for what? Ministerial Discretion? RRV? New Spouse Visa? 

I have to agree with the others, following your posts I really think you need an agent, even though it will cost you. The original application was a straightforward spouse visa, they often don't need any agent's input, they are straightforward tick the box type stuff. But if you are now trying a RRV, proving links to a country you have not lived in for some time, or citizenship via Min discretion - which is very unusual and needs careful presentation, then you do need assistance. Otherwise you are just going to end up with a refusal out of hand. An agnt could make all the difference. 

And to be honest, if you look at the overall cost of the visa/citizenship, flights, removal and shipping costs, set-up costs in oz etc, $3250 is a drop in the ocean. 

Its for the RRV. X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Its for the RRV. X

Personally then, even if it includes the fee for a RRV, it sounds expensive, BUT as I said it will be a drop in the ocean compared to the complete cost of moving. If you get the RRV........ Did you mention to that agent that you are now looking at claiming Ministerial Discretion for citizenship?

Take a breath and think now.

You have random posts on here about RRV, 100, and now even Ministerial Discretion for citizenship.

You need to stop. You clearly are grasping at every passing straw. Engage an agent (you have an excellent one posting on one of your other threads) . Let them review all your options and go from there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×