Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

KSH81

AHPRA

Recommended Posts

Long time lurker but never posted.

I have a question about registering with AHPRA, we are at the beginning of our VISA process really, however we are going to Perth ont he 8th February, I just wondered while I am there can I register with AHPRA as I know I have to do this in person. I havent done skills assesment yet tho.

Thanks in Advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The processing times for aphra I believe are 3 mths but you could try calling them and asking yourself if what your asking here is possible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, KSH81 said:

Long time lurker but never posted.

I have a question about registering with AHPRA, we are at the beginning of our VISA process really, however we are going to Perth ont he 8th February, I just wondered while I am there can I register with AHPRA as I know I have to do this in person. I havent done skills assesment yet tho.

Thanks in Advance

Once you get your approval of registration (in principle) then that is the point at which you present to the AHPRA office (within 3 months) to complete and finalise your registration.


I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys just jumping on this thread as I didn’t want to start a whole new one!

so I applied for AHPRA in December (received 7th), prior to this I had asked the NMC to send a COGS to them. Received an email this morning to say AHPRA still need the COGS. I’ve told AHPRA that I have had one sent from NMC and forwarded my email from NMC verifications from 7th December where they specifically confirmed they have sent a COGS to AHPRA. I don’t know exactly when the NMC sent the cogs but has anyone else had experience of this? I have contacted the Nmc to ask again and see if there’s a way of tracking it but I don’t want to miss out on the 30 day window so should I ask for another one to be sent? I’ve had my documents lost in the post before so don’t want a repeat of it! Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long before applying to ahpra did you send the NMC COGS? I think when I sent a request to NMC, there was a statement on the reply email that said to make sure you have an account open with the council you're applying to.


PTE-A: 29/1/18      ANMAC uploaded: 23/2/18      AHPRA application sent: 1/3/18      Uni transcripts sent: 19/3/18      AHPRA Letter in Principle: 5/7/18      ANMAC LOD: 13/8/18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LeeH said:

How long before applying to ahpra did you send the NMC COGS? I think when I sent a request to NMC, there was a statement on the reply email that said to make sure you have an account open with the council you're applying to.

It was sent from the NMC around 27/11 and I doubt it would have got there faster than my application. I also got my uni to send transcripts  on the 21/11. Does AHPRA only open an account once they receive your application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yogi said:

Hey guys just jumping on this thread as I didn’t want to start a whole new one!

so I applied for AHPRA in December (received 7th), prior to this I had asked the NMC to send a COGS to them. Received an email this morning to say AHPRA still need the COGS. I’ve told AHPRA that I have had one sent from NMC and forwarded my email from NMC verifications from 7th December where they specifically confirmed they have sent a COGS to AHPRA. I don’t know exactly when the NMC sent the cogs but has anyone else had experience of this? I have contacted the Nmc to ask again and see if there’s a way of tracking it but I don’t want to miss out on the 30 day window so should I ask for another one to be sent? I’ve had my documents lost in the post before so don’t want a repeat of it! Thanks!

 

Hello, I had such a difficult time with the NMC verifications team as AHPRA never seemed to get my certificate of good standing (COGS). In the end I did all of the following:

1. Requested a new COGS:

*I had a copy sent to 3 different AHPRA addresses Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne. This is because although one AHPRA office may receive your application, it may get processed by another office which handles international applications. E.g. My application was submitted to Adelaide office but processed by Melbourne.

*To maximise the chances of AHPRA linking your COGS to your application: Ask the NMC to provide your AHPRA application/reference number, full name, date of birth, UK postal address, NMC pin on any letters sent to AHPRA.

Option 2 worked best after AHPRA still didn’t receive any of my COGS and were about to withdraw my application.

2. Email Lisa Cherry (Lisa.Cherry@nmc-uk.org) from the NMC verifications team.

In case she is off, copy in the whole NMC verifications team into the email: (Verifications@nmc-uk.org)

*Ask her to directly email a copy of your COGS to your AHPRA case officer.

*In your email to Lisa Cherry, state the following:

-you urgently require a COGS to be resent or your AHPRA application will be withdrawn.

-you have requested multiple COGS from NMC which AHPRA have not received

-provide your AHPRA application/reference number, full name, date of birth, UK address, NMC PIN number, etc.

Good Luck!:)

Edited by PsychNurse
more information
  • Like 1

***Psych Nurse Visa 189 Journey***

22/2/17 AHPRA app. rcvd...22/5/17 AHPRA rqts more info & approval to consider app. beyond 90 days....01/6/17 AHPRA full reg.....20/7/17 PTE A - L:84; R:90; W:90: S:78 (for ANMAC)....23/8/17 ANMAC app & evidence rcvd...1/9/17 ANMAC positive result....2/9/17 IELTS Gen L:8; R;8; W:8; S:9 - Superior English (boost visa points)...4/9/17 EOI submitted (65pts)..20/9/17 Invite rcvd...3/10/17 Visa app. lodged (PCC + medicals + Forms 80 & 1221 front loaded)...Visa Granted 17/11/17  (Direct Grant)..Permanent move to Australia 7/12/18 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PsychNurse said:

Hello, I had such a difficult time with the NMC verifications team as AHPRA never seemed to get my certificate of good standing (COGS). In the end I did all of the following:

1. Requested a new COGS:

*I had a copy sent to 3 different AHPRA addresses Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne. This is because although one AHPRA office may receive your application, it may get processed by another office which handles international applications. E.g. My application was submitted to Adelaide office but processed by Melbourne.

*To maximise the chances of AHPRA linking your COGS to your application: Ask the NMC to provide your AHPRA application/reference number, full name, date of birth, UK postal address, NMC pin on any letters sent to AHPRA.

Option 2 worked best after AHPRA still didn’t receive any of my COGS and were about to withdraw my application.

2. Email Lisa Cherry (Lisa.Cherry@nmc-uk.org) from the NMC verifications team.

In case she is off, copy in the whole NMC verifications team into the email: (Verifications@nmc-uk.org)

*Ask her to directly email a copy of your COGS to your AHPRA case officer.

*In your email to Lisa Cherry, state the following:

-you urgently require a COGS to be resent or your AHPRA application will be withdrawn.

-you have requested multiple COGS from NMC which AHPRA have not received

-provide your AHPRA application/reference number, full name, date of birth, UK address, NMC PIN number, etc.

Good Luck!:)

Thanks so much I'm having an absolute nightmare with everything and it hasn't even started - Royal Mail lost my COGS to ANMAC as well as all my supporting documents to ANMAC for my 189 visa and so I'm feeling so disheartened by it all! I spoke to NMC verifications today who were a bit vague about resending it to AHPRA as I didn't have confirmation that it's actually been lost (the one to ANMAC is coming up as lost by royal mail, whereas I never got a tracking reference for my COGS for AHPRA so don't actually know!) but they will resend the one to ANMAC today and I've asked for it to go to the three AHPRA places like you've suggested. If I don't hear back that they've sent them off I'll ask for an email to be sent to both case officers because quite honestly I can't take any more posting problems!!! Starting to feel like I will never actually get there but trying to be an eternal optimist!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Royal mail lost all our anmac docs so we resent them all via dhl

I know the'yre awful. I resent my anmac docs with fedex and they got there fine, but the NMC won't do that for the COGS so I'm hoping an email will be enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hang in there guys.. dealing with the NMC and “lost” COGS was the hardest part of the whole process..

Lisa Cherry is an absolute gem! she will email case officers as soon as she receives your requests ?just don’t forget to give her your AHPRA/ANMAC reference numbers, case officer details, full name, date of birth etc. So they will link the COGS to your application.

Once you are over this hurdle, and registered-everything else just fell into place ?


***Psych Nurse Visa 189 Journey***

22/2/17 AHPRA app. rcvd...22/5/17 AHPRA rqts more info & approval to consider app. beyond 90 days....01/6/17 AHPRA full reg.....20/7/17 PTE A - L:84; R:90; W:90: S:78 (for ANMAC)....23/8/17 ANMAC app & evidence rcvd...1/9/17 ANMAC positive result....2/9/17 IELTS Gen L:8; R;8; W:8; S:9 - Superior English (boost visa points)...4/9/17 EOI submitted (65pts)..20/9/17 Invite rcvd...3/10/17 Visa app. lodged (PCC + medicals + Forms 80 & 1221 front loaded)...Visa Granted 17/11/17  (Direct Grant)..Permanent move to Australia 7/12/18 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks so much guys. I have emailed Lisa just now. Fingers crossed this all gets sorted ASAP!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×