Working holiday VISA (417) "Highest Qualification"

Brucolino

Hi there,

A simple question regarding the question " What is your highest qualification? " - the options on the list are:

Higher degree course
Degree couse
Diploma course
Technical or training certificate
College degree
Senior high school degree or certificate
Junior high scool degree, certificate or report

My partner has completed university courses/modules but not graduated. What is the difference between 'higher degree course' and 'degree course' ? Does a course mean a completed bachelors degree or just university modules?

Thank you!

Hi, thanks for the reply. Perhaps I should have been a little clearer in what I meant. My partner is in the middle of his degree, so has not completed a higher degree. However he has completed modules/courses within his degree. My question is more around what is meant by 'course'. Do they mean university modules, or do they class a course as the entire completed higher degree?

1 hour ago, Brucolino said:

Hi, thanks for the reply. Perhaps I should have been a little clearer in what I meant. My partner is in the middle of his degree, so has not completed a higher degree. However he has completed modules/courses within his degree. My question is more around what is meant by 'course'. Do they mean university modules, or do they class a course as the entire completed higher degree?

Count it as achieved when it is completed. If he has a BA or BSc then he has a degree. If he has a MA, MSc, PhD or any other of that level then he has a higher degree but not whilst in the process of getting it, only when he has finished.

• Thanks 1

You only count competed qualifications - not ones that are half way through.

One poster suggested that he has a diploma, remember that this would only be the case if it is specified in his degree that he has achieved diploma status after one or two years (only a few universities do this).

He has not achieved the degree qualification yet and therefore should not list it..

• Like 1