Perthbum

ice takes hold across Australia

Honestly did not think it was this bad, a recent post made me have a look.....

Sydney high on cocaine as ice takes hold across Australia, highest drug taking in the world behind Slovakia

SYDNEY is officially the cocaine capital of Australia with the most ­detailed investigation into our drug use also revealing the deadly meth-yl­amphetamine ice is being used at epidemic levels across the nation.

Oxycodone, commonly known as “hillbilly heroin”, and the highly addictive drug fentanyl were also found to be at “concerning levels” across all states and territories, but especially in the bush.

The damning findings are contained in the first real-time national snapshot of drug use obtained from sampling wastewater at 51 sewage treatment plants — servicing 14 million Australians — in city and ­regional areas across the country.

27f949ccb0a06cf69e9593cbe5d6ab8c?width=650

Edited by snifter
Font size
  • Haha 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Canberra has always had a high level of cocaine, all those nice little public servants putting it up their noses and appearing quite normal at work.  I'm surprised that Victoria is oxycodone, I thought it had quite a high ice usage, especially in the more rural areas.

I guess when you come from a fairly run of the mill family, and you know family members who are on it, then I guess you could call it widespread. Doesn't surprise me when the cops struggle to cope with a bit of shoplifting and a couple of house parties. Courts seem to be way too lenient. Social problems need social solutions long term, but a short sharp police and court action wouldn't hurt.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Old news this has been reported many times over last couple of years , is this thread just another dig  at Oz ? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Honestly did not think it was this bad, a recent post made me have a look.....

Sydney high on cocaine as ice takes hold across Australia, highest drug taking in the world behind Slovakia

SYDNEY is officially the cocaine capital of Australia with the most ­detailed investigation into our drug use also revealing the deadly meth-yl­amphetamine ice is being used at epidemic levels across the nation.

Oxycodone, commonly known as “hillbilly heroin”, and the highly addictive drug fentanyl were also found to be at “concerning levels” across all states and territories, but especially in the bush.

The damning findings are contained in the first real-time national snapshot of drug use obtained from sampling wastewater at 51 sewage treatment plants — servicing 14 million Australians — in city and ­regional areas across the country.

27f949ccb0a06cf69e9593cbe5d6ab8c?width=650

You'll no longer be able to buy codeine based medications over the counter.

You've posted on this topic several times in the past PB

• Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Just now, ali said:

You'll no longer be able to buy codeine based medications over the counter.

Shutting the stable door after horse has bolted, reading there are meth gangs all over Oz, did not realize Oz was second in the world for drug taking.

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

8 hours ago, Quoll said:

Canberra has always had a high level of cocaine, all those nice little public servants putting it up their noses and appearing quite normal at work.  I'm surprised that Victoria is oxycodone, I thought it had quite a high ice usage, especially in the more rural areas.

According to oh, Vic has cracked down (excuse the pun) on ice use and a lot of users have moved south to Tas. He has a merry little bunch under his care atm...

Just now, Perthbum said:

Shutting the stable door after horse has bolted, reading there are meth gangs all over Oz, did not realize Oz was second in the world for drug taking.

Have you got a link to the recency of the information you posted - would like to compare it.  I don't see it as closing the stable doors but rather trying to address a problem (it's never too late)  - bit like the suicide prevention strategies that reduced the amount of paracetamol/analgesia you could buy in one go at a supermarket.  The reality is that if people really want it - they'll find it (you can find anything on the internet these days).

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

3 hours ago, caramac said:

According to oh, Vic has cracked down (excuse the pun) on ice use and a lot of users have moved south to Tas. He has a merry little bunch under his care atm...

Those bikies have a lot to answer for.  :sad:  Police are keeping a close eye on a bikie clubhouse in East Devonport.  Apparently buying ice is as easy and as cheap as buying a pizza.  :confused:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-19/warnings-of-bikie-gang-war-on-tasmanian-turf/9273770

http://www.news.com.au/national/tasmania/police-to-watch-outlaw-motorcycle-gangs-closely-as-they-arrive-in-tasmania-for-their-national-runs/news-story/8129a1a1b1744eb97af4ef5439ca37f8

Edited by Toots
  • Sad 1

This topic again?

Its had a number of threads posted about it in the past few months. I'm done discussing it personally. 

3 hours ago, ali said:

Have you got a link to the recency of the information you posted - would like to compare it.  I don't see it as closing the stable doors but rather trying to address a problem (it's never too late)  - 

This looks to be from the National Wastewater Drug Monitoring Program which is conducted regularly across the country by the National Criminal Intelligence Commission.     Its aim  is to identify and target problem areas - so, exactly as you said, addressing a problem as effectively as possible.

ICE usage is a huge problem in WA but it is on the decline and recent drug busts will probably cause a real shortage at some point in the future, still a problem though.

I think the OP just likes to remind us by repeat posting it though :)

1 minute ago, Sandgroper said:

I think the OP just likes to remind us by repeat posting it though :)

Yeah...well we don't have any news sites in Oz so the OP needs to occupy his cold, dark wintry hours  informing the colonials what is happening in the colonies. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Old news this has been reported many times over last couple of years , is this thread just another dig  at Oz ? 

Of course it is but you know what PB is like.  He must be absolutely thrilled to find anything negative about Australia in his Google searches and then can't wait to inform us all on PIO.

Edited by Toots
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, caramac said:

I’ll bet he does! LOL Makes Tassie sound like a happening place!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quoll said:

I’ll bet he does! LOL Makes Tassie sound like a happening place!

It’s very sad - it really does fry their brains and makes them so aggressive.. Hideous stuff.

I really like Tas, it’s so pretty and quiet!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rallyman said:

If it's old news, shouldn't it have been fixed by now? How hard can it be?

What's the biggest problem? Ice or African gangs? Or is there a link between ice and African gangs?

1 minute ago, newjez said:

What's the biggest problem? Ice or African gangs? Or is there a link between ice and African gangs?

ICE is generally the Chinese gangs, African gangs tend to concentrate on mindless violence, car jackings etc :) 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

ICE is generally the Chinese gangs, African gangs tend to concentrate on mindless violence, car jackings etc :) 

Are these the gangs?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/chinese-triads-and-west-african-gangs-making-drug-ice-bound-for-australia/news-story/8c83ace0c853a7d4b52b6384b2e7d6c6

19 minutes ago, Sandgroper said:

Mind set of animals 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rallyman said:

It is old news (March 2017 to be precise) the OP must have been spent some time digging this one up :laugh:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/sydney-high-on-cocaine-as-ice-takes-hold-across-australia/news-story/8b6f9a2ce921518c867d8603bab44797

47 minutes ago, newjez said:

If it's old news, shouldn't it have been fixed by now? How hard can it be?

Change the record will you , he had posted the same thing on a number of threads just so he can have a dig at oz , more trolling by you 

What he had posted is nothing new have a search of the threads then come back with a relivent comment , you might catch on