Time to migrate to Adelaide - Please Help!!

KPG

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

I wouldn't worry about the TFN until you move permanently, it's quick to get and it won't prevent you getting a job if you don't have one - you just need one before your first pay.

Credit score does not work like the UK.  I was amazed when I went back to the UK to find out how everything is dictated by your credit score - it's almost irrelevant here. Whether you have individual or joint accounts will make absolutely no difference, whichever you prefer.

What documents - can't think of any, other than what you'd normally bring on holiday.  It will be too soon to rent or buy a place.  If you want to try approaching some employers, you could bring your CV's, but with just a week I'd suggest spending it getting to know the place.

Echo all that.

We actually opened up our ANZ Bank account in the UK and then went through the final details in branch, such as proving we are who we say we are (100 point check they called it..) whereupon our cards were ready for us.  We opened up a joint account, really to get things moving whilst we were there in February and will set about getting all the other things sorted on our return.

Sounds like you are just headed to validate your visas, which is what we did.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Fellas,

I'm moving to Adelaide from Dubai on a 489 in August. Would be great to connect and network.

I'm a marketing professional and it would be great to get some advise on how to secure a job? Is there a hiring season trend of sorts?

Also is the public transport efficient enough or do I need to get a car, will be put up in the Athelstone area for starters.

Thanks.

On 03/07/2018 at 18:20, kunal_85 said:

Hello Fellas,

I'm moving to Adelaide from Dubai on a 489 in August. Would be great to connect and network.

I'm a marketing professional and it would be great to get some advise on how to secure a job? Is there a hiring season trend of sorts?

Also is the public transport efficient enough or do I need to get a car, will be put up in the Athelstone area for starters.

Thanks.

@kunal_85 congrats! Well public transport does not connect the entire length and breadth of the city and probable having a car would be more of a necessity than a luxury. Jobs are difficult to get but definitely not impossible, one just needs to hang in there.. I think August is a good time to arrive. 

I too am from Dubai and at present in Adelaide to do my first landing, am here for 10 days and preparing ourselves for the big move in October.

For used cars you can reffer to the below link, this is from the government and what i got to know is a very reliable source of procuring cars and normally come with warranties.

https://www.pickles.com.au/

we have a short term rental that may be suitable for you...If you stay for a week happy to offer the monthly discount. if you look on air b and b north adelaide for stanley court apartment  check availability on the cslender and contact us through there if you think suitable...say you heard about us on pomz in oz for the discount. hope it helps 

cheers Wendy

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, 

I am also from Dubai and recently got my 489 visa for Adelaide. My family (wife and 2 kids) and I are planning to make our first landing in October this year. 

Hi KPG/ Kunal, 

Are you currently in Dubai. it would be great to connect. Also, how was your experience for the first landing in Adelaide. 

Regards

Gain

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am very much new to this forum, in-fact, this is my first query ever. I have got invitation for 489 visa early last month and i will be applying for it at my earliest and will be moving with my wife and a kid(1.9 years now). I am a SW professional(Analyst Programmer).

My points breakdown is : Age: 32 years- 30 points,  PTE- 65+ in each- 10 points, partner points-5, Education-10 points= 65 in total.                

I have a couple of queries, any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

1> I have also submitted EOI for 190(both Victoria and NSW), should i wait for it or go ahead with 489?(Visa rules are getting complicated day by day)

If i consider 489:

1> How difficult would it be in securing a SW job?

2> In case, if i do not get a SW job, how difficult or what are the chances that i will get a job in other streams?

3> How much would the average expense be for a family of 3 in Adelaide? Which includes rent and other expenses.

4> How much a medicare insurance may cost for us?

any other suggestions or information is highly desirable.

Thanks in advance