register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Eloise

Points Score for a British Graduate in Occupational Therapy

Hi there!

I am currently in year 2 studying occupational therapy in the UK. 

I'm looking ahead at what visa I could apply for when I graduate in June 2018 and the 189 Skilled Independent visa could be an option. I know that I need a minimum of 60 points and there's one question I'm not sure what I would fall under, which would mean that I meet the points or not:

Qualifications

A Bachelor degree from an Australian educational institution or a Bachelor qualification, from another educational institution that is of a recognised standard.  15 points. Does this mean from another educational institution in Australia?

or

An award or qualification recognised by the relevant assessing authority for your nominated skilled occupation.
 10 points

When I graduate I will get awarded a BSc in Occupational therapy, therefore will have a Bachelor qualification from the UK of a recognised standard and also recognised by the relevant assessing authority in Australia.

I would also be applying as a graduate with no experience apart from my placements,  but meeting the minimum 60 points if the answer to the qualification question is the bachelor degree. Is being a graduate with no work experience likely to make the visa more difficult to get? 

Has anyone got any recent experience as a graduate occupational therapist or a similar experience?

Many thanks,

Eloise

Hey Eloise! You will score 15 points for your UK degree.

RMN - 30.9.17  IELTS Academic - 30.9.17 Band 8.5

It is 15 points, but be very careful in how you calculate points. Also, at present none with under 65 is being invited. 

On ‎03‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:24, VERYSTORMY said:

It is 15 points, but be very careful in how you calculate points. Also, at present none with under 65 is being invited. 

is that the same for a 489 state reg visa do you know? NSW Cheers