Help Please!!!!

Becca21

Hi, everybody.

I'm new to all this, but my dream is to go work and live in Australia, I've been told they are looking for mental health nurses, therefore i need some help, i'm approaching my last 7months of  3rd year mental health student in Scotland. i'm trying to plan my next move, I would love to go to Australia and work over there, however, i don't have a clue about what i need or what to search.

It's probably not until 2021 as I'm going to do my master first  but would love to know what to do just incase doing my masters don't happen this year.

Thanks

Hey

i am a general registered nurse. You need a minimum of 60 points but better if you can get more.

first you need to do an English exam (ielts) then you need to get a skills assessment this will be via anmac ( this is the equivalent of nmc) then an expression of interest to the oz government. It is a long process and the tests and assessment have expiry dates so don’t do them until you are ready to get this moving. Hope this helps 

best to read the online info

• Like 1

Hello, this is the stages I went through

1. Gain 3 months full time work experience (minimum required for AHPRA nurse registration)

2. A) Whilst gaining experience-collect certified copies of degree, academic transcripts, course outline, ask uni to do letter medication management tests/exams taken, uni reference etc. These are needed for AHPRA.

ANMAC now accept scanned original documents.

Also get employement professional references/ statement of service, payslips, p60's together.

B) Request NMC to send certificate of good standing to AHPRA and ANMAC.

3. PTE Academic/IELTS Academic 

4. AHPRA registration 

5. ANMAC skills assessment

6. Police checks and medicals completed

7. Submitted expression of interest 

8. Invitation received

9. Application for visa lodged with police checks, medicals, forms 80 and 1221 front-loaded

10. Visa granted (direct grant)

11. Search for jobs, big move :)

Edited by PsychNurse
More info
  • Like 1

Thanks Pauline, sounds like a long process haha. Do you know off any good websites or sites that i could search to help me out.

Thanks Psych Nurse, that definitely is a long process haha :biglaugh:, see the three months experience can that be while I'm still studying, as I'm doing Bank nursing which is going to different wards taking shifts to gain a better experience.

2 hours ago, Becca21 said:

Thanks Pauline, sounds like a long process haha. Do you know off any good websites or sites that i could search to help me out.

Thanks Psych Nurse, that definitely is a long process haha :biglaugh:, see the three months experience can that be while I'm still studying, as I'm doing Bank nursing which is going to different wards taking shifts to gain a better experience.

Lol it wasn't too bad-After gaining post-qualified experience, the whole process to getting a visa grant took 8 months in total. AHPRA nurse registration took the most time as they require a lot of detailed information. Bear in mind though that after you get AHPRA registration in principle, they only give you 3 months to "present in person" with Aus ID at an AHPRA office in order to get full registration.

On the positive side, ANMAC skills assessment only took a week after they received all the documents ?

Lengthy process, but well worth it ?

To be honest, the demand for nurses is less now than it was a few years ago due to the number of Australian trained graduates.  You may find that you have to work agency/casual or fixed term contracts initially as a way of getting your foot in the door.  

When it comes to a permanent skilled visa, you've got the choice of getting AHPRA registration first and then applying to ANMAC, or applying to ANMAC first and then getting your AHPRA later. The second option is easier in terms of visa process, unless you want the hassle of a flight to Australia purely to activate your registration.

Regards,

Richard

• 1 month later...

I presented in person last week at AHPRA office. However, till now I havn't received any confirmation email from them regarding registration. How long do we usually need to wait after presenting in person at AHPRA office?  :o 

Thank you .. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/03/2018 at 22:34, Win Sue said:

I presented in person last week at AHPRA office. However, till now I havn't received any confirmation email from them regarding registration. How long do we usually need to wait after presenting in person at AHPRA office?  :o 

Thank you .. 

Did you finally get your name on the register?