Further query re. addresses for APHRA

aurora

I am planning on sending my APHRA reg off next week (trying to coincide present in person with validation trip).

I am currently in the UK. I have to have an Australian address for when I present in person, for this I am hoping to use a friends address. For Question 5 "What is your residential address?" can I use my UK address and then change that when I present in person? I don't think I could put my friends address yet as then I would need to fulfill the ID requirements for 'arrived in australia more than 6 weeks prior' which I won't have. 

What have others put when applying from overseas? For place of practice address (Australia) can I just put N/A?

Many thanks

Edited by aurora

5 hours ago, aurora said:

I am planning on sending my APHRA reg off next week (trying to coincide present in person with validation trip).

I am currently in the UK. I have to have an Australian address for when I present in person, for this I am hoping to use a friends address. For Question 5 "What is your residential address?" can I use my UK address and then change that when I present in person? I don't think I could put my friends address yet as then I would need to fulfill the ID requirements for 'arrived in australia more than 6 weeks prior' which I won't have. 

What have others put when applying from overseas? For place of practice address (Australia) can I just put N/A?

Many thanks

Maybe you should email them and ask. I put my home address as where they can contact me, but for an Australian address I put my friends Australian address( # 7). I figured that My principle place of practice in Australia was once I got Australian registration, because I cant practice in Australia without there registration. Who knows, how they want the information. Best to call or email I think.

I have just spoken with AHPRA. The staff member assured me I can use my UK address - and that I can also present in person with confirmation of this UK address rather than the stated Australian address. This would make life far easier Has anyone done this or are any agents aware of people who have done this?

many thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 1/4/2018 at 07:34, aurora said:

I have just spoken with AHPRA. The staff member assured me I can use my UK address - and that I can also present in person with confirmation of this UK address rather than the stated Australian address. This would make life far easier Has anyone done this or are any agents aware of people who have done this?

many thanks.

For me, I presented in person at AHPRA ( Sydney) last week. Before I fly there,  I created bank account with Australian residential address which I get from my friend . When I arrive there,  went to the bank and get the letter with my name and residential address before going to AHPRA.