Tax implications, savings and moving money

RichC

Hello i would appreciate some advice.

My partner and i moved to QLD in February from the UK and we have permanent residency status (we love it)

Annoyingly we moved out shortly after Brexit when the Pound had massively dropped in value so only brought enough money over to get started and get on the property ladder. I do feel as though the Pound will regain some of its former strength eventually but i wouldnt be surprised if it takes another 3 years or so 

I have substantial savings just sat in a bank in the UK earning less than inflation and some stocks and shares held within ISA's which i can no longer contribute to and maximise as im no longer living in the UK, plus some rental properties.

I have been waiting for a Bear market or at least a market correction (surely it must be coming soon !) to invest the money sat in the bank in three or four low cost unmanaged index trackers probably with Fidelity.co.uk (who i have my ISA's with) to capitalize on the cheap stock prices then hopefully enjoy the next rise in the markets by which time i am hoping the Pound will have gained some strength against the Dollar.

At this point in the future i would hopefully be able to move some or all of the money over to OZ to use here or just invest in an Ozzy fund provider for future retirement.

What im not sure on is the potential Tax implications on profits made on those shares and any issues regarding timing of moving money over to OZ.

Im looking to make my savings and assets work for me but and be efficient as possible but dont want to fall foul to Tax Issues like being taxed in both countries  or paying more Tax than necessary.

Thanks

Richard  

• 2 weeks later...