DIBP processing times 190

strayadreams

As of 21 Dec 2017 DIBP updated their processing times, I’m waiting on a 190 which has now increased to 8 - 11 months. My question is, what is the point of them publishing average processing times when it can change so dramatically during the application process? When we started it was 3 months, we cannot contact our case officer within the published processing times so it’s completely useless information especially if they keep increasing the amount of time they have. Even though we applied at a time when we might expect a faster turnaround no one will talk to us now until 11 months has passed. I don’t know of anything else where you pay upfront and they have the right to continually change expectations of service. I am so frustrated by this whole process. Sorry for the rant ?

I don't know the answer to your question - but I agree, it's always been an incredibly frustrating process.  I remember it seemed like everyone and his Auntie was being granted theirs and we were still waiting.  Rant away ... use the time to taste test some Aussies wines (we found that helped lol).

• Like 3

The current processing times published are for the month of November so the processing times for December could increase again due to the Xmas holidays. I would expect a surge of grants in the month of January like previous years but the processing times for January won't be updated on their website until Feb. Frustrating I know as when we applied the processing times were much much less. The whole system is ludicrous. I've never known anything like it. We applied in May so potentially we can't email until Feb hoping that January grants have been in abundance. ? 

• 3 months later...
On 27/12/2017 at 07:55, strayadreams said:

As of 21 Dec 2017 DIBP updated their processing times, I’m waiting on a 190 which has now increased to 8 - 11 months. My question is, what is the point of them publishing average processing times when it can change so dramatically during the application process? When we started it was 3 months, we cannot contact our case officer within the published processing times so it’s completely useless information especially if they keep increasing the amount of time they have. Even though we applied at a time when we might expect a faster turnaround no one will talk to us now until 11 months has passed. I don’t know of anything else where you pay upfront and they have the right to continually change expectations of service. I am so frustrated by this whole process. Sorry for the rant ?

my application was submitted on 12th dec 2016 still waiting for the decision.

5 hours ago, prabhjot.maan said:

mixed crop and livestock farmer.

no its 1 year and 5 months till now.

Are u onshore or offshore ?? 

Sorry yes u are right .. I miscalculated.. 

how many points u got ?? 

Which state u applied for eoi ?? 

How long it took for you to get skill assessment ?? 

How long it took you to get EOI AND nomination 

plz share your info ?? 

52 minutes ago, Waris said:

Are u onshore or offshore ?? 

Sorry yes u are right .. I miscalculated.. 

how many points u got ?? 

Which state u applied for eoi ?? 

How long it took for you to get skill assessment ?? 

How long it took you to get EOI AND nomination 

plz share your info ?? 

i am in india

i have applied for South Australia

it took about 2 months for skill assessment 

and 2 weeks for state nomination 

that time i got 60 points.

On 4/29/2018 at 20:24, prabhjot.maan said:

i am in india

i have applied for South Australia

it took about 2 months for skill assessment 

and 2 weeks for state nomination 

that time i got 60 points.

Good luck for your file !! Hope u get it quickly ... 

• Thanks 1