Remaining Relatives Visa 835 - Passed Medical Check

Livebygrace

Hello,

I'm currently waiting for my remaining relative visa to be approved (It's been 7 months and onshore application. people say it can take decades). :S xD

My parent, brother, sister, nephew and niece are all Australian citizens.

While on the wait, DIBP granted me a bridging visa A in which i'm not allowed to work.

2 months ago DIBP requested my medical check result (from BUPA) and police record from my country of origin. There has been no other request from them eversince.

I have recently re-applied for work permit after i got rejected 5 months ago (DIBP said i did not demonstrate my financial hardship).

My questions are:

1. After undergoing my medical assesment, what will be the next process and how long normally from the time DIBP received my medical result?

2. Is it possible to get my work permit approved after second application?

I hope someone can help me with the answer. Thank you.

I don't "know" they will cancel it, but the government have announced a massive consolidation of visas in March. This will inevitably mean a lot of visas classes cancelled and given the remaining relative is pointless as few people will live long enough to ever get a grant. It makes sense. 

You may not understand, but immigration is a big political issue in Oz and most other western countries and as such most are clamping down in a big way on it. 

1 minute ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I don't "know" they will cancel it, but the government have announced a massive consolidation of visas in March. This will inevitably mean a lot of visas classes cancelled and given the remaining relative is pointless as few people will live long enough to ever get a grant. It makes sense. 

You may not understand, but immigration is a big political issue in Oz and most other western countries and as such most are clamping down in a big way on it. 

Thank you for your explanation. What i'm curious is the medical check request only to let me know that i'm already on their list or a sign that a progress has been made in my application? 

I know it may take up to 50 years until they approve my visa which is outside the normal person's scope. But we never know.

• 1 year later...
On 24/12/2017 at 19:19, Livebygrace said:

Hello,

I'm currently waiting for my remaining relative visa to be approved (It's been 7 months and onshore application. people say it can take decades). :S xD

My parent, brother, sister, nephew and niece are all Australian citizens.

While on the wait, DIBP granted me a bridging visa A in which i'm not allowed to work.

2 months ago DIBP requested my medical check result (from BUPA) and police record from my country of origin. There has been no other request from them eversince.

I have recently re-applied for work permit after i got rejected 5 months ago (DIBP said i did not demonstrate my financial hardship).

My questions are:

1. After undergoing my medical assesment, what will be the next process and how long normally from the time DIBP received my medical result?

2. Is it possible to get my work permit approved after second application?

I hope someone can help me with the answer. Thank you.

Hi,

Base on you experience, when u applied reminding visa sub class 835, how long did you get the bridging visa A? I am curious about it as now I am at Australia and will be flight back in 11 May, however I am the last of reminding family here and wanna apply this visa but dont know where it is 100% to get bridging visa A or not and don't know how long does it take? and whether I should apply visa sub class 115 or not?

Thanks for your assist.