15 minutes ago, mila88 said:

Hi Guys, 

My sister in law has been waiting for her 489 since August 2017. Her timeline is as follows:

Invitation date: 1st February 2017

Date of Application: 30 March 2017

Request for more information: 10 April 2017 and 07 June 2017.

All documents were uploaded by August 2017.

It has been almost a year now and as you may guess, we extremely anxious.

They appointed an agent and personally i believe that he did not do a  very good job in advising them, should I have known, i would have done the Visa myself. I apologise if i offend anyone, its just my frustration talking.

Mila

I have been through same few years ago, I can understand how painful it can be.

Hi There,

I am looking to apply 489 family or state for my brother.

1.Can I apply for him with his wife being primary

2. Once the visa is approved and initial entry is done, how long does he have to come back and use his 489

3. Also are there any good postal codes that I can know that are IT job areas in ViC and Melbourne . How would a IT guy live in those areas and work..

4. Also can the secondary applicant show 1 yr of work and 2 yes of stay instead of primary applicant 

Thanks in advance

Sorry I meant victory and now

I want to understand if we can live close to Melbourne and Sydney like 1.5 hrs drive or something and at least secondary applicant can work in his field.. it's allowed right ??? :I

Also , can any one let me know once initial entry is done, how long do we have to come and start working on 489

Thanks

Deepika

19 hours ago, annagilda said:

Just had my 489 granted about an hour ago!!! Woooohoooooh! 

Hold tight everyone. You'll get there. Mine was about a 7.5 month process in total. :-) 

Congrats!!!!!! Did you apply for family 489 or state nomination?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! It's pretty cool. 

I can't remember the full details, but: 

Applied 23rd of August, to Tasmania for State Sponsored, applied onshore. 

CO Assigned about 2-3 weeks later, 

Medical, Police checks and documents all completed late October. (My medical took a while.) 

Granted on the 4th of April. :D

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 15:14, annagilda said:

Thanks everyone! It's pretty cool. 

I can't remember the full details, but: 

Applied 23rd of August, to Tasmania for State Sponsored, applied onshore. 

CO Assigned about 2-3 weeks later, 

Medical, Police checks and documents all completed late October. (My medical took a while.) 

Granted on the 4th of April. :D

Congrats!

• Like 1

Anyone else still waiting for case officer to be assigned been 10 weeks now 
Thanks Claudette

Sometimes you will not be assigned a case officer and it will go straight to direct grant. If you are assigned an officer it's likely they require more information from you

2 minutes ago, Claudette said:

We have not done health tests yet as agent said we have to wait till co contacted us just spoke to our agent and he said he has received requests from mid January so fingers crossed ours in the next few weeks we submitted on Feb 2nd 

What? We submitted our medicals and police checks when we applied, why make the process even longer? 

30 minutes ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Makes no sense, every other agent advises to upload everything at once, without it you can't get a direct grant. 

There is a few on here that waited for co then did health tests spoke to my agent and he said it' best to wait for co to ask for them all other paperwork is complete he reckons 2 weeks till we hear back then it should not take longer than 3-4 months max to get grant we hoping to sell house and be out there by September/October  fingers crossed where abouts in qld are you headed we are Hoping to go to Pacific pines 4211 

22 minutes ago, Claudette said:

There is a few on here that waited for co then did health tests spoke to my agent and he said it' best to wait for co to ask for them all other paperwork is complete he reckons 2 weeks till we hear back then it should not take longer than 3-4 months max to get grant we hoping to sell house and be out there by September/October  fingers crossed where abouts in qld are you headed we are Hoping to go to Pacific pines 4211 

He could well be right but my timeframe and everyone elses I think he's a bit optimistic, we put our app in the first week of december, heard from co on 19/02 uploaded form 80 on 07/03 and still waiting to hear from the co again. 

On 09/03/2018 at 07:58, Claudette said:

Hi just joined this site visa 489 with qld my timeline so far is

Vetasses complete Oct 2017

EOI applied 11/01/18 accepted 15/01/18

Nomination for qld applied 23/01/18 accepted 25/01/18

Applied for visa 2/2/18 

Awaiting CO to be assigned 

This is my timeline so far we have done all the forms and character ref and financial statements too 

But i do agree with getting your medical and PCC certs done now. Not having them in place can extend your processing time quite a lot. PCC can take weeks to arrive and scheduling a medical can take a few weeks for availability. Then waiting for CO to pick up your file again. Medicals, PCC and form 80 are all great to have submitted at the start. 

12 minutes ago, woody2709 said:

The last 10 489 grants on tracker all took from 80-200 days from application. Everyone's case is very different so almost impossible to predict

There is a tracker? Can you share please?

my agent also didn’t push for us to complete medicals, police checks or form 80 until it was asked. I believe this was because he wanted to control each stage and ensure it was as a high quality a submission as possible. The request that came from the CO gave us an understanding of what they were looking at, concerned about.

i take it as a good sign that he is more interested in the end result than the processing time

Edited by BobbyV

I would reconsider your medicals as its even stated on the home affairs website to do it early in your application for easier and faster processing..

Achieving a faster visa decision

Most 'complete' applications in Priority Groups 3 and 4 can be finalised at the time of assessment.

For your application to be 'complete' undertake health examinations and upload all required documentation to ImmiAccount before the application is allocated for assessment.