16 hours ago, woody2709 said:
On 2/19/2018 at 09:58, Nia said:
All the best dear..You can easily expect a waiting period of 02-05 months. Sometimes, if all docs are uploaded immediately after lodging the visa, you can get a direct grant within a month or two. However, in case CO is assigned to you and mails you for further enquiry, the wait can go up to 06 months as well. Try to upload all docs in time - at least within 10 days of filing visa so that there is no time lapse between docs and CO assignment. Take care..
I received grant on 02 Feb and we are leaving in July for Adelaide.

In the circumstances a CO is assigned. What are the normal documents they ask for after visa being submitted? I'm sure I've got most already done but would be nice to be able to get any additional submitted asap

See, apart from Form 80 and payslips, experience letters from all organisations where you have worked, reference letters from ex-managers, PPC and HC is required before a CO can assess your file and take a final decision.

7 hours ago, Nia said:

See, apart from Form 80 and payslips, experience letters from all organisations where you have worked, reference letters from ex-managers, PPC and HC is required before a CO can assess your file and take a final decision.

That's great thanks. I've already got all of that submitted, the health check was done today and PCC are being processed. Just the form 80 I haven't submitted. Is form 80 always requested?

20 hours ago, woody2709 said:

That's great thanks. I've already got all of that submitted, the health check was done today and PCC are being processed. Just the form 80 I haven't submitted. Is form 80 always requested?

Great..Form 80 is mandatory. Thats mentioned in the list of docs required. Wonder how you missed that!

20 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

CO appointed today asking for more and form 80 on my daughter as she's 18 (7 days ago gggrrrr) frustrating.

Oh! Yes, they are very particular about Form 80. Thats the primary document. Dont worry. Eventually if all docs are in place, Grant is certain! It's only when docs are missing or incomplete that they mull visa refusal.

Edited by Nia

8 minutes ago, woody2709 said:
9 minutes ago, Nia said:
Great..Form 80 is mandatory. Thats mentioned in the list of docs required. Wonder how you missed that!

My agent said it's not always requested by the department...

Sorry but our Agent told us that Form 80 is mandatory for 489 visa- in fact page no 17 of Form 80 has to be duly signed and scanned and sent. So, dont know how come your agent hasnt told you! I suggest you still provide it to avoid a further enquiry later!

Edited by Nia
  • Like 1

Sorry but our Agent told us that Form 80 is mandatory for 489 visa- in face page no 17 of Form 80 has to be duly signed and scanned and sent. So, dont know how come your agent hasnt told you! I suggest you still provide it to avoid a further enquiry later!
I've already got it 90% filled out, so I will complete it asap and request my agent to submit it without delay. Strange as the agent I'm using is currently rated no.1 In the country and I've questioned this matter a few times with them to only receive the same answer

5 minutes ago, Nia said:

Sorry but our Agent told us that Form 80 is mandatory for 489 visa- in fact page no 17 of Form 80 has to be duly signed and scanned and sent. So, dont know how come your agent hasnt told you! I suggest you still provide it to avoid a further enquiry later!

Please challenge or at least question your agent as this is mentioned on australian govt website: https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-/Subclass-489-document-checklist-invited-pathway

Additional Character requirements

Each person who is 18 years or older can complete and attach the following documents.  Providing this information with your application can reduce processing times.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woody2709 said:
11 minutes ago, Nia said:
Sorry but our Agent told us that Form 80 is mandatory for 489 visa- in face page no 17 of Form 80 has to be duly signed and scanned and sent. So, dont know how come your agent hasnt told you! I suggest you still provide it to avoid a further enquiry later!

I've already got it 90% filled out, so I will complete it asap and request my agent to submit it without delay. Strange as the agent I'm using is currently rated no.1 In the country and I've questioned this matter a few times with them to only receive the same answer

@woody2709 even my agent emphasized on Form 80. Its better to make your profile full proof to avoid delays, nothing to loose. My agent is not only a certified MARA agent but also an Immigration Lawyer.

Edited by KPG
  • Like 1

I have just questioned them again on the matter. They assured me it's not a requirement of the application, and they have had many 489 visas granted without it. It depends on the age and history of the applicant whether they want more information. But they are happy to submit mine if I choose too. Simple answer from me is yes!

[mention=263143]woody2709[/mention] even my agent emphasized on Form 80. Its better to make your profile full proof to avoid delays, nothing to loose. My agent is not only a certified MARA agent but also an Immigration Lawyer.
I'm completing it tonight and will be submitted tomorrow. I'm using emergico and all they're agents are MARA registered. Strange they never pushed for me to just fill it out regardless

14 hours ago, woody2709 said:
17 hours ago, KPG said:
[mention=263143]woody2709[/mention] even my agent emphasized on Form 80. Its better to make your profile full proof to avoid delays, nothing to loose. My agent is not only a certified MARA agent but also an Immigration Lawyer.

I'm completing it tonight and will be submitted tomorrow. I'm using emergico and all they're agents are MARA registered. Strange they never pushed for me to just fill it out regardless

Good!

15 hours ago, woody2709 said:

I have just questioned them again on the matter. They assured me it's not a requirement of the application, and they have had many 489 visas granted without it. It depends on the age and history of the applicant whether they want more information. But they are happy to submit mine if I choose too. Simple answer from me is yes!

That's alright. It's still better to provide it as you have decided - good thinking.

Hey guys,

Keep your fingers crossed. You will get there soon.

My sister received visa today and her timeline is:

Date of Vetassess Application submission- September 23, 2017 

Date of Vetassess Application Result- November 20, 2017 

Date of SA nomination Application submission- November 29, 2017 

Date of nomination Application Result- 13 December 2017

Date of Visa 489 Application submission- 14 Dec 2017

Date of Visa Application grant- 2 Mar 2018

Good luck everyone!!

• Like 1

Hey guys,
Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations.... Pls share her points.

2 hours ago, NewDeep said:

Hey guys,

Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations! That's awesome.

I lodged my 489 application on the 23rd of August last year and still haven't heard anything! :-( Starting to get a little frustrated. 

6 hours ago, NewDeep said:

Hey guys,

Good luck everyone!!

That's great news!

Did she have her Police checks and medicals done BEFORE she applied or did they ask her for it?

2 hours ago, woody2709 said:
On 3/2/2018 at 20:38, annagilda said:
Congratulations! That's awesome.
I lodged my 489 application on the 23rd of August last year and still haven't heard anything! :-( Starting to get a little frustrated. 

Are you applying for state nomination or family sponsored?

State nomination from Tasmania, am onshore. 

Wow, there’s loads of varied timescales in here - all still really mysterious to me how they are processed and prioritised. I’d love to see everyone’s dates at a glance - wonder what the average wait time is for those on this forum?

Anyway, I was invited early December and we submitted on Dec 18 with pcc but not medicals yet. No idea if  a CO has been assigned or what status says as all done through an agent. 

The agent reckons it will be a 9-10 month wait from here. (12 months total) due to the end if financial year in July as visas running out? ? ?

Any thoughts welcome 

6 hours ago, BobbyV said:

Wow, there’s loads of varied timescales in here - all still really mysterious to me how they are processed and prioritised. I’d love to see everyone’s dates at a glance - wonder what the average wait time is for those on this forum?

My timeline is below, still waiting fro grant:

VETASSESS - Screening  17-Oct-17
VETASSESS - Positive Outcome 6-Nov-17
EOI & State Nomination Lodged 7-Nov-17
ITA Received 23-Nov-17
Visa Application Lodged 24-Dec-17
Health Check Done & PCC 31-Dec-17