Hello every one ,
I do appreciate your feedback about few things in my mind

We will apply on early May this year for me and my family .I understood from the Dept . website that you have to be on shore when you apply for the 887 and I do understand that .However, we are thinking to travel overseas.knowing that ,I am the main applicant and I will be back here with in a month or so after applying for the residency but for the rest of the family might be away for 7-8 months(not sure) for private reasons .My question is that will the dept. communicate with me about their travel and when they are expected to be back .This is the first part of the question ,as the second one that we have a 489 visa valid till 2020 ..do we need a bridging visa to travel after we apply for 887 or the 489 is still valid to travel during processing the new 887 visa

Thanks and appreciate your feedback and support

Hi Nasyr, I submitted my application on 9th Nov 2017. On 10th Dec, I uploaded additional docs that my CO had requested for and on 6th Feb, i.e. ystrdy, got my grant. So my timeline was just short of 3 months. Hope that helps!
Hi Sreeja.... M new to this group and read your posts... Can you plz share your timeline as I have also applied 489 FS subclass in Nov but still haven't received any response. Thanks.

1 hour ago, jamwalrupali said:

Hi Sreeja.... M new to this group and read your posts... Can you plz share your timeline as I have also applied 489 FS subclass in Nov but still haven't received any response. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, jamwalrupali said:

And points too.

Hi Jamwalrupali.. I have shared my entire timeline in my previous response, could you be more specific about what other info you're seeking? Also, I applied for Subsequent Entrant 489 for which I wasn't required to accumulate any points. My husband was the primary applicant of 489 and he had 70 points back in 2015. Hope this helps!

Hi Nasyr, I submitted my application on 9th Nov 2017. On 10th Dec, I uploaded additional docs that my CO had requested for and on 6th Feb, i.e. ystrdy, got my grant. So my timeline was just short of 3 months. Hope that helps!
Thanks for your reply Sreeja. I applied on 3rd Nov, 2017. CO contacted me on 13th Jan for additional documents. Still waiting for the grant. But its alright with me because I'm on shore.

4 hours ago, Nasyr said:
18 hours ago, Sreeja said:

Thanks for your reply Sreeja. I applied on 3rd Nov, 2017. CO contacted me on 13th Jan for additional documents. Still waiting for the grant. But its alright with me because I'm on shore.

Great! I was also an onshore applicant and I believe our timelines could be shorter than the offshore applicants. All the Best!

7 hours ago, Nasyr said:
21 hours ago, Sreeja said:

im surprised I haven't heard from a CO yet since I applied only 10 days after you and you heard from your CO in Jan ? 

16 hours ago, jordaniris999 said:

Hello every one ,
I do appreciate your feedback about few things in my mind

We will apply on early May this year for me and my family .I understood from the Dept . website that you have to be on shore when you apply for the 887 and I do understand that .However, we are thinking to travel overseas.knowing that ,I am the main applicant and I will be back here with in a month or so after applying for the residency but for the rest of the family might be away for 7-8 months(not sure) for private reasons .My question is that will the dept. communicate with me about their travel and when they are expected to be back .This is the first part of the question ,as the second one that we have a 489 visa valid till 2020 ..do we need a bridging visa to travel after we apply for 887 or the 489 is still valid to travel during processing the new 887 visa

Thanks and appreciate your feedback and support

Im not a visa agent but im pretty sure as you are the main applicant the rules mainly apply to you, so if you get a 489 that gives you 4 years in Aus, after 2 years have lapsed you can apply then for a PR visa. for that you will have to prove you have lived in the sate you were nominated by and that you have also worked 1 year full time with in the 2 years of 489. 

you can travel whilst on a 489 but bare in mind the proof of living and working in the state for (x) amount of time in order to get a PR visa. 

hope that helps. 

best contacting a visa agent to discuss your options. 

I think the way it was explained to me by my agent and I could be wrong, but each person has to satisfy the terms of the visa, I asked if my 18yr old could come over at a later date I was told yes but she would have to serve the 2yrs separately meaning we would be pr before her and that no one could live or work outside the regional areas in our family.

Hi guys, joining the 489 bandwagon. Originally going for 189 but waiting for an invite had already taken almost 8months, so decided on a new direction. I've been using a migration agent through the whole process. MY timeline below...

-Applied for NT nomination on 09/02/18

-Granted on 12/02/18

-Visa invitation received on 14/02/18

-Visa Application lodged on 15/02/18

-Medical booked for 20/02/18

-Police certs awaiting 

Exciting times ahead 

Edited by woody2709

Hello guys just a quick question if any one in this group can help i am planning to apply 489 with my wife being main applicant she is IT engineer and thinking to apply off shore which state do you guys recommend to apply for in which state do you think it is fast and easier to get this visa and what is minimum ielts or pte score is required for applying it  

Any sort of information will be appreciated 

On 2/7/2018 at 14:10, 489 said:

Hi guys my waiting period of 5 months will be completing  on 17 September. Do anyone have any idea when I will receive my grant. :(

hi dear.. we received the visa grant close to ending 05 months. We filed on 04 Sept and received the visa on 02 Feb. Be patient. Hang in there! something will come by soon.. Stay positive!

On 2/17/2018 at 22:44, S.md said:

Hello guys just a quick question if any one in this group can help i am planning to apply 489 with my wife being main applicant she is IT engineer and thinking to apply off shore which state do you guys recommend to apply for in which state do you think it is fast and easier to get this visa and what is minimum ielts or pte score is required for applying it  

Hi 489 visa is for australia - all low density populated regions except Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane etc. So, Adelaide is a good option - Capital of South Australia that you can consider. We are heading off there too. Recvd 489 visa grant on 02 Feb. off in July !!

On 2/17/2018 at 01:50, woody2709 said:

Hi guys, joining the 489 bandwagon. Originally going for 189 but waiting for an invite had already taken almost 8months, so decided on a new direction. I've been using a migration agent through the whole process. MY timeline below...

-Applied for NT nomination on 09/02/18

-Granted on 12/02/18

-Visa invitation received on 14/02/18

-Visa Application lodged on 15/02/18

-Medical booked for 20/02/18

-Police certs awaiting 

Exciting times ahead 

All the best dear..You can easily expect a waiting period of 02-05 months. Sometimes, if all docs are uploaded immediately after lodging the visa, you can get a direct grant within a month or two. However, in case CO is assigned to you and mails you for further enquiry, the wait can go up to 06 months as well. Try to upload all docs in time - at least within 10 days of filing visa so that there is no time lapse between docs and CO assignment. Take care..

I received grant on 02 Feb and we are leaving in July for Adelaide.

1 hour ago, Nia said:

@Nia all the best to you. I believe July is a good time to move as then things start to slow down towards the fourth quarter of the year.

Can you please share with me how will you be planning your job hunt, accommodation etc or any additional info that could help as I would likely move in September or October 2018.

Thank you.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KPG said:

@Nia all the best to you. I believe July is a good time to move as then things start to slow down towards the fourth quarter of the year.

Can you please share with me how will you be planning your job hunt, accommodation etc or any additional info that could help as I would likely move in September or October 2018.

Thank you.

Hey! My husband works with Ernst and Young. We are trying for a transfer to EY, Adelaide. Accommodation search will happen from next month onwards. I will keep you posted. realestate.com.au - good site home search on rent.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nia said:

Hey! My husband works with Ernst and Young. We are trying for a transfer to EY, Adelaide. Accommodation search will happen from next month onwards. I will keep you posted. realestate.com.au - good site home search on rent.

Thank you @Nia

We applied to qld and got a grant within 1 week

All the best dear..You can easily expect a waiting period of 02-05 months. Sometimes, if all docs are uploaded immediately after lodging the visa, you can get a direct grant within a month or two. However, in case CO is assigned to you and mails you for further enquiry, the wait can go up to 06 months as well. Try to upload all docs in time - at least within 10 days of filing visa so that there is no time lapse between docs and CO assignment. Take care..
In the circumstances a CO is assigned. What are the normal documents they ask for after visa being submitted? I'm sure I've got most already done but would be nice to be able to get any additional submitted asap