Wow. Thanks for the detail. So glad yours was relatively quick and simple! I suppose I’d just like to get there as soon as possible to get the ball rolling before any rules change.

How many points did you have, if you don’t mind me asking? I was unaware of the extra 10 until you mentioned earlier.

On 06/04/2019 at 21:14, JetBlast said:

I can share my timeline but it may differ.

• I applied for South Australian state sponsorship in July 2018. It took just shy of 12 weeks for them to approve it and the invite to apply was instant. The 12 weeks was advertised on the website it is much less at the moment as that was the busiest time of year. I am not sure if the NSW regions advertise their processing time.
  • In October the application was submitted, 1 week after the invite and this got me in the queue. I added police checks and medicals without being prompted but after the application.
  • 80 days later in January 2019 the visa was granted.

I am a single applicant with no dependants etc. 

The processing of applications for the 489 has slowed down. I was lucky to have mine done in 80 days there has only been 1 other person I have come across who had it done quicker with 78 days. Everyone else had more and there are people in their hundreds still waiting. The official processing times can be found here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489. The do change nearly every month so only use it as a guideline.

Just remember you must cross the Australian border 12 months after the issue of your police check or medical - whichever comes first. It doesn't have to be the permanent move and it can just be a holiday. Just to note your can't use your work DBS for immigration purposes. 🙂

Hi mate what is ur occupation 

4 hours ago, Mohammed said:

After getting 489 visa we have to do the job in the same field or can do any job in regional area for one year. Is it possible can I show my spouse full-time job in place of mine.  Your response will be appreciated. 

Thank you. 

Yes you can show ur spouse 's job as full time job and make her as primary applicant for 887 visa...showing 2 years of stay and one year of full time job...

• 5 weeks later...

I got an invitation within 1week and applied 489 visa on Aug 2018 from NSW but still my visa status showing "Received" . 5 weeks before CO asked for S56 and I have attached my medicals and police clearance last 3 weeks before but still no update on my file still showing received. I saw many of them got there visa with in 6 months. I don't know why its taking so much time for me. Is any one in the same boat. 

Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2019 at 08:34, Mohammed said:

I got an invitation within 1week and applied 489 visa on Aug 2018 from NSW but still my visa status showing "Received" . 5 weeks before CO asked for S56 and I have attached my medicals and police clearance last 3 weeks before but still no update on my file still showing received. I saw many of them got there visa with in 6 months. I don't know why its taking so much time for me. Is any one in the same boat. 

Thank you. 

I am waiting from aug 2018 too no response nothing....

Edited by Lwinder090

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2019 at 13:33, saravanakumar said:
On 17/03/2019 at 23:39, Mohammed said:
Is it compulsory to do the medicals before or we can do after file open also.
Please give your opinions. 

Submitting pcc and medical while lodging visa is not compulsory but it's recommended to avoid any co Contacts and delay in your visa grant.

Hi bro 

today I got my 489 visa from nsw . I need to ask one thing which region I have to work or we can work any other regional area in nsw