On 05/02/2018 at 17:47, Sreeja said:

What an amazing thread..

@Nia.. Congratulations to you!!.. I was sooo happy to read ur story from the start. 

I too applied for my subsequent 489 visa (my husband is the primary visa holder) on 9th Nov 2017. CO contacted for further docs on 1st Dec, which we promptly submitted in a week's time. However its been over 2 months now (3 months in total since filing) and I am still waiting for a response from the CO.

Does anyone have a clue if the timeline for all sub-categories of 489 (whether state-sponsored or subsequent entrant) is the same? From the thread, I gather that applications until Sept/Oct 2017 have been processed by Immi. Does that mean next would be the November lot (fingers crossed!) or are the grants being given randomly?

Good Luck to rest of us waiting patiently.. 

Thanks

Sreeja

Hi seeraj,

I am just applying 489 for my wife as  a subsequent entrant. i came across that question,is the applicant sponsored by relative? what should i select? your help would be appreciated

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, mariner2017 said:

Suggest to check “Actions” in your ImmiAccount home page & see if you need to submit medicals. Since you have applied after 1st July 2018, this action should be automatically there for you to complete...Cheers!

Yes it's there but I am waiting for CO to open my file once they ask me I will do it. How much time is taking for NSW 489 visa. 

On 18/02/2019 at 15:12, Parambhutta said:

Visa granted today 489 nsw

applied : onshore 24 aug 2017

docx asked: 1st case office nov 2017

2nd case office feb 2018

3rd case office jan 2019 , renew police check aus.

4th offier : granted 18feb 2019

Did you submit your medicals with visa file or submitted on the request of CO.  Is it compulsory to submit medicals before file open? Plz let me know. 

Thank you. 

On 18/03/2019 at 04:23, Mohammed said:

Did you submit your medicals with visa file or submitted on the request of CO.  Is it compulsory to submit medicals before file open? Plz let me know. 

Thank you. 

Mohammed

Please upload medicals at the earliast..

Its mandatory...

You dont have to wait for a co contact for medicals...

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

Hello I am currently at NT, I would like to apply 489 and got offer letter from work, I wanted to ask if it is possible to get approved even though I am currently here less than a month? Is it possible? Thank you so much and have a nice day

Yes it's there but I am waiting for CO to open my file once they ask me I will do it. How much time is taking for NSW 489 visa. 

Mohammed, if you have a CO contact for medical, you may loose another 1.5-3 months for the grant. Pls go through this link & screenshot for the info - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/who-needs-health-examinations
5912e4533cae70d563dc6bca67609cd9.jpg

3 hours ago, mariner2017 said:

Mohammed, if you have a CO contact for medical, you may loose another 1.5-3 months for the grant. Pls go through this link & screenshot for the info - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/who-needs-health-examinations

Yes ...absolutely true what @Mariner2017 has said.

May be this is the reason why co is not even responding knowing the fact that medicals should be uploaded as soon as possible..

U applied for visa in last august...It is also strange that no contact from co is there.Even for applications with complete document uploads,co contacts are there..for one thing or the other..how do they consider your application as complete if medicals are not there...

Every case handling is different ..every co is different ...how they consider things ...its totally depends on the mind frame of co...

So ,It is highly advisable that you upload medicals at the earliast..And make your application COMPLETE.

Regards

Edited by Gurpreet ghotra

On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:13, aussiedream said:

I had asked my MA about this as wanted to get this done asap and was told to wait until requested emoji2374.png

I have asked the same question to my MA and am being told the same. Apparently on my immi account is states... 

Required examinations not yet determined

The health examinations required for this person have not yet been determined. If health examinations are required, a link containing the details will be displayed when the person returns to this page.

The home affairs link on one of the above posts is useful and if I am reading it correctly seems to suggest if you have already applied for the visa or if your visa application can take over 6 months to approve then wait for case officer to request medical? There doesn't seem to be a way of getting a HAP iD on my immi account yet. Just says above.

Applied in Nov and the wait is painful!

On 26/03/2019 at 21:30, mariner2017 said:

Thank you. I will go ahead. Can you share your timeline. 

2 hours ago, Gibo said:

I have asked the same question to my MA and am being told the same. Apparently on my immi account is states... 

Required examinations not yet determined

The health examinations required for this person have not yet been determined. If health examinations are required, a link containing the details will be displayed when the person returns to this page.

The home affairs link on one of the above posts is useful and if I am reading it correctly seems to suggest if you have already applied for the visa or if your visa application can take over 6 months to approve then wait for case officer to request medical? There doesn't seem to be a way of getting a HAP iD on my immi account yet. Just says above.

Applied in Nov and the wait is painful!

I understand your situation I am also in same boat applied in August. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. How much of an impact do points have in being granted the 489?

My MA has advised me to stop hoping for a 189/90 and go down the 489 route. Happy to do this, though, as a teacher, I have to give a lot of notice and am unsure of how quickly I may be accepted for 489 NSW (if at all). 

My points total 65 (for age, qualifications and English language ability). I’m a secondary teacher.

Any help would be appreciated. My MA is currently putting together my 489 EOI and I just need to start thinking of when I may need to hand notice in. 

1 hour ago, Geography87 said:

Hi. How much of an impact do points have in being granted the 489?

My MA has advised me to stop hoping for a 189/90 and go down the 489 route. Happy to do this, though, as a teacher, I have to give a lot of notice and am unsure of how quickly I may be accepted for 489 NSW (if at all). 

My points total 65 (for age, qualifications and English language ability). I’m a secondary teacher.

Any help would be appreciated. My MA is currently putting together my 489 EOI and I just need to start thinking of when I may need to hand notice in. 

I am not really sure what you're asking? You get 10 extra points when you get state nomination so that increases your chances of invite.

You don't have to leave for Australia as soon as you get your visa. Waiting a term for notice period isn't a lot of time in the grand scheme of things. 

I know that waiting times for my points for 189/90 were extremely long (a year or more) and was basically just wanting to see if this was also the case for 489. Also, was unsure if points affect the speed of the process or if it was mainly based on the specific occupation.

Thanks for the info. 

I can share my timeline but it may differ.

• I applied for South Australian state sponsorship in July 2018. It took just shy of 12 weeks for them to approve it and the invite to apply was instant. The 12 weeks was advertised on the website it is much less at the moment as that was the busiest time of year. I am not sure if the NSW regions advertise their processing time.
  • In October the application was submitted, 1 week after the invite and this got me in the queue. I added police checks and medicals without being prompted but after the application.
  • 80 days later in January 2019 the visa was granted.

I am a single applicant with no dependants etc. 

The processing of applications for the 489 has slowed down. I was lucky to have mine done in 80 days there has only been 1 other person I have come across who had it done quicker with 78 days. Everyone else had more and there are people in their hundreds still waiting. The official processing times can be found here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-provisional-489. The do change nearly every month so only use it as a guideline.

Just remember you must cross the Australian border 12 months after the issue of your police check or medical - whichever comes first. It doesn't have to be the permanent move and it can just be a holiday. Just to note your can't use your work DBS for immigration purposes. 🙂

Edited by JetBlast