EOI applied 11/01/18 accepted 15/01/18

Nomination for qld applied 23/01/18 accepted 25/01/18

Applied for visa 2/2/18 

Awaiting CO to be assigned 

Any updates?

Hello dear 489 gang members , 

hello could u plz help me !! 

I have few inquiries!! 

1.Do we need to submit pcc before hand while Lodging 489 visa or we can add bit later ?? 

2. When are medicals required to do for 489 visa ?? 

3. How long is ielts certificate valid for dependants applicant ?? 

thsnk u so much !! 

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:

1. Is this a police check? If so don't do these until they ask for them. You need to enter Australia once within 12 months of issue. Doing it before hand might not give you enough time.

3. 3 years

Hey dear even for dependant is it 3 years .. my migration agent is saying to do it again .. he said it’s only valid for 1 year for dependant 

Hi Everyone,

Me and my partner are currently in the process of applying for 489 State sponsorship visa for South Australia. I am going on my partners visa as his de-facto. We have sent over all documents etc and have just paid the free of 200AUD for our application. I'm just a bit confused as when looking at other visa options you have to do your expression of interest and then they invite you to apply. Does this mean they have already invited us to apply?

We are using a migration agent I have asked them the same question, just waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks

Lucy

1 hour ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Hi Everyone,

Me and my partner are currently in the process of applying for 489 State sponsorship visa for South Australia. I am going on my partners visa as his de-facto. We have sent over all documents etc and have just paid the free of 200AUD for our application. I'm just a bit confused as when looking at other visa options you have to do your expression of interest and then they invite you to apply. Does this mean they have already invited us to apply?

We are using a migration agent I have asked them the same question, just waiting for them to get back to me.

Thanks

Lucy

Eoi is must for 489 visa...without eoi you will not get invitation to apply for visa

Also it depends on state to state and also on occupation which may require pre-invite to apply for state nomination but SA do not follow this and you can apply directly for nomination but still you need a valid eoi to get invitation for visa.

Edited by Sahil kamboj

1 minute ago, Sahil kamboj said:

Eoi is must for 489 visa...without eoi you will not get invitation to apply for visa

Sorry I think im getting a bit confused. We have done our EOI and now they have asked us to pay 200AUD for the application fee. Does this mean they have invited us to apply? Its confusing me as it says the visa cost is AUD 3755. So when do we pay this fee once it has been granted?

Cost

Extended stay pathway - from AUD335

Invited pathway - from AUD3755

Subsequent entrants pathway:

• from AUD335 if your family member was an extended pathway applicant
  • from AUD3755 if your family member was an invited pathway applicant.

You might have to payadditional costs.

Use the Visa pricing estimator to estimate the cost of your application.

Visa pricing estimator

Note: The estimator does not calculate the second instalment or additional costs.

1 minute ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

Sorry I think im getting a bit confused. We have done our EOI and now they have asked us to pay 200AUD for the application fee. Does this mean they have invited us to apply? Its confusing me as it says the visa cost is AUD 3755. So when do we pay this fee once it has been granted?

Cost

Extended stay pathway - from AUD335

Invited pathway - from AUD3755

Subsequent entrants pathway:

• from AUD335 if your family member was an extended pathway applicant
  • from AUD3755 if your family member was an invited pathway applicant.

You might have to payadditional costs.

Use the Visa pricing estimator to estimate the cost of your application.

Visa pricing estimator

Note: The estimator does not calculate the second instalment or additional costs.

First you need to fill an eoi then you can apply for SA nomination ... no need of invitation to apply for state nomination

Just now, Sahil kamboj said:

First you need to fill an eoi then you can apply for SA nomination ... no need of invitation to apply for state nomination

ok thanks. I think the reason im getting confused is because we did out EOI so long ago with our migration agent for other visas but they then said that we should go for South Australia as points had gone up for other regions/they don't require his skill anymore etc. so we agreed to go for SA and now they have emailed us to say they are going to submit the application and need to pay 200AUD. So now is it just a case of us waiting for the visa to be granted? Do you know when we will need to pay the free of 3755 as above?

33 minutes ago, Lucy Colenutt said:

ok thanks. I think the reason im getting confused is because we did out EOI so long ago with our migration agent for other visas but they then said that we should go for South Australia as points had gone up for other regions/they don't require his skill anymore etc. so we agreed to go for SA and now they have emailed us to say they are going to submit the application and need to pay 200AUD. So now is it just a case of us waiting for the visa to be granted? Do you know when we will need to pay the free of 3755 as above?

Once you get your nomination from SA....you will receive an invitation to apply for visa on your eoi...then you have to apply for visa by clicking on that eoi...then pay the fee... final step is to upload documents....u can do medical before applying for visa and can do after also...depends on you

5 hours ago, Sahil kamboj said:

Once you get your nomination from SA....you will receive an invitation to apply for visa on your eoi...then you have to apply for visa by clicking on that eoi...then pay the fee... final step is to upload documents....u can do medical before applying for visa and can do after also...depends on you

Sorry to jump in on your conversation. Does the invite to apply come straight away after SA have agreed to nominate you?

Thanks

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:

Sorry to jump in on your conversation. Does the invite to apply come straight away after SA have agreed to nominate you?

Thanks

Yes, You'll get notified through the mail and on EOI the status will be changed from submitted to Invited then you can apply for a visa. 

• Like 1