register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Parley

extreme poverty in Glasgow

8 hours ago, Perthbum said:

As it is in most australian states probably worse in fact.

Why do you turn every post into a Australia. V Uk ? 

The tread is about Glasgow in case you forgot 

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Why do you turn every post into a Australia. V Uk ? 

The tread is about Glasgow in case you forgot 

Because the OP posted about the UK when there is actually a worse problem where he lives..did he just post it to cause arguments....hhhmmmm

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

9 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Because the OP posted about the UK when there is actually a worse problem where he lives..did he just post it to cause arguments....hhhmmmm

He watched a programme on tv and made a comment how heart wrenching it was , it certainly didn’t come across as you see it to cause arguments 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Of course this happens especially in Australia with the indigenous population, it happens in every country in the world unfortunately. But if you do know of someone who has asked for  food and water and been denied it and starved to death you must report it as it is manslaughter.

..........nobody has said people have been refused anything

..........tbh PB it is a shame you only met 

..........obese ,racist,bogans in a heatwave during a flood during your stay in Australia .........it has coloured your view,and not for the good

...........perhaps another trip....

..........get out of the small area you were in

.........see some of the vast diversity Australia does have to offer

...........I certainly wouldn’t base my views of the UK

.........on one visit to Stratford upon heaven..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

PB, don't drag this thread off please. Move on, discuss the topic but let's not try to pick a fight. Thanks. 

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 19:21, Perthbum said:

I am getting a little frustrated to be honest tink which is unlike me, I will say one more time......no one dies of lack of food or water if they are known to authorities charities friends family AND WANT TO LIVE....If they disappear of course they could die of starvation if no one knows. 

Countless people die in care homes from malnutrition and dehydration  and this has been recorded on death certificates.  

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

The authorities have to be notified though.  Many people are either too proud, too dispirited or lack the mental capacity to do this.  The 'authorities' do not make it easy for people- if you are down on your luck and starving you do not need red tape and officialdom and a bunch of nosy questions.. Therein lies one of the problems.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ali said:

Countless people die in care homes from malnutrition and dehydration  and this has been recorded on death certificates.  

Thats manslaughter then, denying food and water to a person be it  20 or 90 years of age is manslaughter

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

Thats manslaughter then, denying food and water to a person be it  20 or 90 years of age is manslaughter

Do you always jump to negative conclusions and give us your googled knowledge without really any thought or actual knowledge of the subject at hand? 

On 12/22/2017 at 19:27, Perthbum said:

As it is in most australian states probably worse in fact.

Why do you say that? Whilst the financial handouts don't seem as good in Australia the support for homeless seems better in Australia to be honest.

8 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Why do you say that? Whilst the financial handouts don't seem as good in Australia the support for homeless seems better in Australia to be honest.

I dont agree, I witnessed far more aboriginal people in far more poverty than I ever did in the UK.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

I dont agree, I witnessed far more aboriginal people in far more poverty than I ever did in the UK.

Things change PB - we've been her 11 years next month and i'm sure that you'd supposedly already left WA by then.  Not saying that you're wrong - but that in those 11 years some things may have changed. 

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

You witnessed all this aboriginal poverty while in northbridge for three weeks ?

• Haha 1

It depends where you live then- very few aboriginals round here and those that do live here are certainly not living in poverty. When we were up in Darwin an aboriginal told us that only the 'no-hopers' ( his words, not mine) lived in the cities and the rest got on with their lives and happily prospered out in the bush and on farms.  So I really don't know.

4 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I have to admit I never once saw an aboriginal person in poverty in the uk either :ph34r:

• Haha 2

This thread is about the indigenous population of Glasgow.

• Thanks 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Tennents super, fried mars bars and single parents it is then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parley said:

Why dont you worry about the extreme and worse poverty in Australia instead of worrying about poverty in  glasgow?

13 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Why dont you worry about the extreme and worse poverty in Australia instead of worrying about poverty in  glasgow?

PB, where someone currently lives does not dictate that that is where they must post about. You are pretty good proof of that ;) 

Move on.