Where to upload sponsor documents?

MonkeyMine

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, DianaK said:

Hi,

Also, how do you upload your pictures? Different pictures under each category, e. g. social aspects, nature of household, commitment to each other, or just as one file named something like "Pictures" and under "Other" Category?

I’d put them in one group and not include masses. 

@DianaKPhots should be fine in one document. You honestly don’t need masses. Sticking random photos on the end of each section isn’t something I’ve read of people doing. Most post saying they posted them in one file. 

2 hours ago, DianaK said:

It does make sense, I am going to upload them as one document. It is good to have an idea of how many photos people upload...more or less. It is something that we have to assume and there is no right or wrong answer, I guess :)

A CO probably isn’t going to want 50 pictures and only a handful of supporting evidence such as bills, bank statements etc. Those things are far more important than masses of pics. I think I put in about half a dozen pictures with my application. 

We have enough supporting documents but as we are not picture takers we are a bit concerned if we can provide pictures that will also give them the variety that they might require. Like different locations, different people and activities, family members,  how much intimacy they want to see on the pictures, etc.

1 hour ago, DianaK said:

We have enough supporting documents but as we are not picture takers we are a bit concerned if we can provide pictures that will also give them the variety that they might require. Like different locations, different people and activities, family members,  how much intimacy they want to see on the pictures, etc.

The they don't want to see every event of your lives together in photos. Nor anything too intimate I don't think ;) Pics are a bit like the window dressing of the application. I'm sure you have a dozen or so from over the years showing you together somewhere, say on your wedding day, a pic of you together with family at a family event and a few others. I think you are overthinking it re the detail they will want in photo form. 

I submitted a wedding pic, two of us and other family members (two of whom had also written the stat decs) at my BIL's wedding and 3 or 4 others of us together over the years. That was it. 

9 minutes ago, snifter said:

The they don't want to see every event of your lives together in photos. Nor anything too intimate I don't think ;) Pics are a bit like the window dressing of the application. I'm sure you have a dozen or so from over the years showing you together somewhere, say on your wedding day, a pic of you together with family at a family event and a few others. I think you are overthinking it re the detail they will want in photo form. 

I submitted a wedding pic, two of us and other family members (two of whom had also written the stat decs) at my BIL's wedding and 3 or 4 others of us together over the years. That was it. 

Yes, I don’t recall sending any pictures at all.  After all it would be very hard for them to recognise you in photos anyway.

3 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Yes, I don’t recall sending any pictures at all.  After all it would be very hard for them to recognise you in photos anyway.

A few pics are a good idea, and one of the things that they are known to do is to compare them against pics on your facebook profile. 

One of the reasons for our rejection was that we did not submit enough photos (we HATE having photos taken and only submitted about 10 at the 100 stage)

I am wary of the limit of 60 documents per application so I think I will only upload each document once in the category that seems the most fitting; I can always upload them in a second category if there is space left! But I seem to have read, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the many categories listed on the website encompass the evidence required for *all* types of visa, so some will not be relevant to our case. For instance I assume uploading a tenancy, bills etc in the "Evidence of the couple living together" doesn't require me to upload them again in the "Evidence of residential address" (which is a category that might concern non-partner visas more generally).

I think the main thing is to upload all the evidence listed in the Partner leaflet one way or another; to elaborate on the relationship/household in the personal statement to give the evidence (bank statements, bills etc) some context (the bills are split this way or that way etc); and to give a very clear title to each document to make the life of your CO easier.

As for the photos, as @snifter said I wouldn't upload tons of pics, only a few spread over the years/months and if possible involving other people (friends and family) to support the Social Aspect of the relationship.

Actually, I just checked the home affairs website(https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/801-) and they say: "Send each document only once. For example, if you are using your dependent’s birth certificate to prove their identity and to prove their relationship to you, only send the certificate once". So there you go :)

Edited by TheWayOfThePony
trying to edit my previous post, didn't manage!

1 hour ago, DianaK said:

Also, do you put any notes to your photos, like "Sponsor's family", "Local sports club", "Trip to Paris", etc.?

I did. Kept it short.

If any of the people in pics were ones who had written our stat decs I mentioned this too briefly.

You have to remember your CO doesn't know you, or your partner, or your family. There is a human aspect in assessing whether a relationship is genuine or not, so give them a bit of context to help them know you better! So yes, a little caption for each pic saying where it was taken, who are the people, what is the event...

Done with the pictures, thank you for the helpful hints and advice :)

Any idea what type of evidence to attach as "Nature of household" except Rental Agreement and Correspondence addressed to both of us?

I have already attached the Utility Bills and Joint Car Insurance to the "Financial Aspects" category.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, DianaK said:

Done with the pictures, thank you for the helpful hints and advice :)

Any idea what type of evidence to attach as "Nature of household" except Rental Agreement and Correspondence addressed to both of us?

I have already attached the Utility Bills and Joint Car Insurance to the "Financial Aspects" category.

Thanks.

Personally I will put evidence of things we have bought for the house there (furniture, kitchenware, etc) - so, either highlight the purchase on the bank statement, or provide the receipt of the purchase (confirmation email etc), or screencaps of chat conversations going LOOK WHAT I'VE BOUGHT. Same with daily shopping (supermarket). And elaborate in the statement saying, he usually takes care of this, I take care of that, etc. This is something that could go in the Financial aspect as well I suppose, given that finance matters are part of the household, so maybe it can go in either category.