Moving to far North Queensland (Cook Town)

Lparker15

On 29/01/2018 at 19:43, Lparker15 said:

Thanks so much for all the info and pics guys, so helpful. We have done heaps of research ourselves and it really does look like somewhere we could live, like some of you said we would defo be spending the odd weekend in Cairns. The most important thing for us that it is a safe place and has a community feel, and we love the heat! I think my daughter would be attending Cooktown state school so still need to find out a bit more info on that. We love the outdoor lifestyle, hence why we’re moving and I really do think that with it being a small community that your more likely to form close friendships unlike you would in a big city. Anyhow we should be hearing back in the next couple of weeks and then hopefully start the visa process. 

Thanks for replying. Just been looking at a job in cooktown and was hoping to get a view on life there

• 2 months later...
On 28/09/2019 at 10:22, Lparker15 said:

Hi, no we didn’t. A opportunity came up in Sydney so we moved here just over a year ago. More opportunities for us as a family 

🙂

I was wondering if you had gone to Cooktown too.

Nice place to stop on the way up to Cape York, but not sure I could cope with living there permanently (due to the isolation, and abundance of sandflies and crocodiles).

Would have been an adventure for you though, a bit of pioneering spirit and all that.

But yes, definitely more opportunities in Sydney to be had.

• 1 month later...