189 visa- nurse

kala1178

Just wondering if anyone has received there invitation to apply for visa around my timeline? My eoi was submitted end of oct. I am a nurse with 65 points. I know things are running slow but has anyone received there invite around this time or do I still have a long wait? Thank you in advance for any response

Hello Kala,

SC189 invites are issued by points score not occupation.  Currently DIBP are only inviting with 70 points or more for the SC189 visa.  I recommend that you consider state sponsorship - most states are sponsoring Nursing occupations.

I hope this helps!

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Stephen,

Sorry to interrupt......if states are focusing on occupation and not points...does that mean if you have a score of minimum 60 - one is entitled to submit EOI and apply for state nomination. I have South Australia in mind.

Secondly, 'Closely related occupation' ...for RN - can experience working in a Multidisciplinary ward + ICU ...contribute collectively for points, even though ANMAC has only reported work experience in the ICU. Can I professional reference letter along with payslips and other relevant evidence as proof of work experience gained in the Multidisciplinary ward.

Many thanks ya.