Question about Australian Customs Forms

Loeloe

Hello,

Long time reader first time poster :)

We are sending some boxes to Melbourne with SevenSeas. I am filling in the Australian Custom Forms that go with our boxes, and have a little question.

You have to fill in "How I arrived or intend to arrive in Australia", and there is a field "Country of departure". We are flying from Belgium and have a 2 hour stopover in Bangkok. Should I fill in Thailand or Belgium as Country of departure? (We also had to give our flight number, I guess this is the flight number from Bangkok to Melbourne?)

Thank you in advance for any advice! 

2 hours ago, Loeloe said:

Hello,

Long time reader first time poster :)

We are sending some boxes to Melbourne with SevenSeas. I am filling in the Australian Custom Forms that go with our boxes, and have a little question.

You have to fill in "How I arrived or intend to arrive in Australia", and there is a field "Country of departure". We are flying from Belgium and have a 2 hour stopover in Bangkok. Should I fill in Thailand or Belgium as Country of departure? (We also had to give our flight number, I guess this is the flight number from Bangkok to Melbourne?)

Thank you in advance for any advice! 

You put the country you originally left, in your case Belgium. For flight number yes that would be the last flight. 

Its not critical whether you put the original country of departure or a point en route.

It has two purposes - the eternal ozzie love of collecting pointless statistics, and more importantly in case they need to contact the people who arrived on a particular flight - if someone on that flight comes down with a disease that could've been passed on etc. The flight number is the important bit there.

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 2