Google Earth

Petals

I am sure most of you do look at Google Earth but I find if I am going somewhere new in Melbourne I have a look at it and check out the roads where it is etc.

It will be helpful to get an idea of distances and where suburbs are.

I use it and have all my relatives points on it in UK, NZ, and the USA. Much travelled family is mine.

Also shows the hospitals, schools parks, beaches etc. so very useful.

I suppose they update once a year like the road maps. Things do not change that much in a year and you just get the general idea of where things are and what the terrain is like beaches, etc.

Melbourne looks pretty much like Melbourne to me.

I love Google earth - the images are updated regularly but for the areas which have clear images to begin with, I dont think they update that regularly. Our place is probably about 3 years old and my parents' place in UK would be about the same.

It's useless if you want to be checking on the Gippsland wilderness though:biglaugh: Just lots of green splodgy bits

I use it if I am going somewhere new despite living in Melbourne all these years there are places I have never been and I have to plan a route. I don't want a sat nav as they take you around the world good old google for me.

Guest Brickie
The pictures in Adelaide are old. How often do they update the photo's?

Adelaide doesnt like change so it stays the same on GE, Im surprised they dont have pictures of horses and carts on GE for Adelaide....:cute:

Guest Brickie

It's useless if you want to be checking on the Gippsland wilderness though Just lots of green splodgy bits

Thats what Gippsland is, green splodgy bits....:goofy:

I agree Gippsland is green splodgy bits because in the parks area the trees are tall and there are lots of them so google just sees the tops of trees.

:jiggy:

LOL you mean you dont know the seething metropolii of Bendoc, Tubbut or Deddick, shame on you:biglaugh:

Archived