ThatDexCat

801/820 evidence - partner's mortgage is with ex

Hi folks,

So my partner and I are going to be applying for our partner visa within the next few months, and I'm just wanting to get ahead of the curve as much as possible with building up relevant evidence.

One slight concern I have is that we're living together in the house which my partner bought with his ex 4 years ago. He doesn't have enough income on his own to transfer the mortgage into his name, and my understanding is that the bank basically won't consider my income until if/when I'm granted the 820 at least. The mortgage is still in the name of my partner and his ex so I can't really use mortgage statements or anything like that in evidence.

We've already set up a direct debit for the weekly payment of the mortgage from our joint account into which both our income is paid. Do you think that will be enough to satisfy on that front?

On 11/12/2017 at 17:29, ThatDexCat said:

Hi folks,

So my partner and I are going to be applying for our partner visa within the next few months, and I'm just wanting to get ahead of the curve as much as possible with building up relevant evidence.

One slight concern I have is that we're living together in the house which my partner bought with his ex 4 years ago. He doesn't have enough income on his own to transfer the mortgage into his name, and my understanding is that the bank basically won't consider my income until if/when I'm granted the 820 at least. The mortgage is still in the name of my partner and his ex so I can't really use mortgage statements or anything like that in evidence.

We've already set up a direct debit for the weekly payment of the mortgage from our joint account into which both our income is paid. Do you think that will be enough to satisfy on that front?

The bank statements showing mortgage payments should be enough. We didn't provide a "mortgage statement" Just annotated our bank accounts etc. Good luck. 

309/100 lodged 03.02.2017 - Meds/UK Police requested 10.02.17 - AFP requested 04.03.2017 - Health Clearance 05.04.17 - AFP uploaded 26.04.17 - 100 Granted 02.05.2017 - arrived Melbourne 16.06.2017 and now living our dream!!