Natural Justice Letter- Invitation to comment

Linzo

Hello,

I submitted my Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa application, early August, 2017. My dad is my sponsor. He provided a sponsorship letter, his bank statement and letter from bank to show he has the wherewithal to cater for my schooling.

Along the line, late November, my dad made over 95% withdrawal from his bank account for an urgent business, with the intention of returning it almost immediately. But eventually, things didn't go as planned. There was a bit delay in returning the money.

Just last week, I got this notice from Natural Justice:

"Invitation to comment on information for a Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa

"Independent verification of the  Bank statements for ........ was undertaken and the bank statements were found to be non-genuine.

"You may provide comment on the information that is considered to be false or misleading or the document that is considered to be bogus, and specify if you believe there are any compelling circumstances affecting the interests of Australia, or compassionate or compelling circumstances affecting the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, to justify the waiver of any or all of PIC 4020(1)
and (2) to justify the granting of the visa."

Please i need a professional advice on what to do, as the money was returned to the account two days ago.

Edited by Linzo
Typo error

6 hours ago, Linzo said:

Hello,

I submitted my Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa application, early August, 2017. My dad is my sponsor. He provided a sponsorship letter, his bank statement and letter from bank to show he has the wherewithal to cater for my schooling.

Along the line, late November, my dad made over 95% withdrawal from his bank account for an urgent business, with the intention of returning it almost immediately. But eventually, things didn't go as planned. There was a bit delay in returning the money.

Just last week, I got this notice from Natural Justice:

"Invitation to comment on information for a Student (Temporary) (class TU) Student (subclass 500) visa

"Independent verification of the  Bank statements for ........ was undertaken and the bank statements were found to be non-genuine.

"You may provide comment on the information that is considered to be false or misleading or the document that is considered to be bogus, and specify if you believe there are any compelling circumstances affecting the interests of Australia, or compassionate or compelling circumstances affecting the interests of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, to justify the waiver of any or all of PIC 4020(1)
and (2) to justify the granting of the visa."

Please i need a professional advice on what to do, as the money was returned to the account two days ago.

You need professional advice from an agent.

The letter is not querying why the money was taken out of the account and then put back, it is saying  the bank statements were found to be non-genuine. In other words DIBP believe they were fake/fraudulent. 

This is often a tactic used by student visa applicants. A large amount of borrowed money is placed in a bank account and then immediately withdrawn after lodgement. The Government is wise to this and often check.

If what you say is true and your father can show the money is real, then you should be able to explain the situation. If however you have provided a false bank statement or used borrowed money to falsely inflate the bank balance, then you will have serious issues.

If the application is genuine, you may be wise in obtaining the services of a reputable Agent who deals with student visas.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...