Do 189 medical test detect pregnsncy?

Anastisia

3 hours ago, Anastisia said:

I am pregnant and not sure to keep it, most probably we wont keep the baby. Since we have to go through medical for 189 visa application does tests detect pregnancy???. We dont want to declare and want to go through normal process as we are not gonna keep it.

Please be aware that you would need to have a chest xray,  which they would not do if you are pregnant as well as a urine test. I would also not try to hide anything from the medical as that will be more likely to cause issues. I would suggest that you speak to a medical professional to help you in your decision, do you have a date for your medical? It sounds like this has all come as a bit of a shock, good luck in whatever decision you come to.

I don't know if the tests include pregnancy, but likely the health questionnaire will ask and lying on official documents is certainly not recommended.  You simply answer the question "Yes" and if you decide to end the pregnancy that is no one's business but your own.  The panel doctor may suggest you don't complete the chest x-ray but that's up to you whether you want to have it done or not.  They would use a protective shield to minimize the risk to the baby.