You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

DaviSP

Applying for a partner visa

Me and my husband has been married for 4 years. We are settled in Bangalore but now my husband has to move to Australia for job purposes. I am working in a Govt office and I am planning to take leave for 2 years and accompany him, later we will decide on whether to continue the leave or resign. Our plan is to take partner visa for me and we have contacted a immigration consultant in Bangalore regarding this. But there is a small problem regarding my application, my name is written in different spellings in different certificates. What can we do about it?

Edited by MaggieMay24
    Links removed

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

What's your husband's immigration status, is he an Australian citizen or permanent visa holder?  If so, then he could sponsor you on a partner visa.  If your name is spelled differently, can you provide a written statement explaining the reason or do you have any documentation that explains why it's spelled differently?

186 ENS Temporary Residence Transition - Granted Dec 2013 :biggrin:

You only need a separate partner visa if your husband already has PR or is a citizen.  If he needs a visa to work in Australia then you should be added to his visa.  Does he have a visa yet?

It isn’t unknown for people to have different spellings of names, you just need to explain and possibly make a statutory declaration.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes: