You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Hey guys, I'm wanting to see if anyone can provide some advice on visas. I'm a New Zealand citizen currently living in the U.K. (I have dual citizenship) and my partner and I are looking at immirgrating to Australia next year. I'm ok to get in, however, we're trying to figure out what visa is the best visa for my partner. Unfortunately we cannot apply for the partner visa as I am not an eligible New Zealand citizen. We've found a few others that may work but it's very tricky! Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

If it is tricky and you really don't know where to start it could be best to consult a reputable migration agent for an initial consult and see if they can perhaps help you. 

Any of those who post on here would be a good starting point. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By samgreensted
        Hi All,
        I am currently a resident of the UK and have been going out with my girlfriend, who is from New Zealand for 6 months now. Her sponsorship in the UK will run out in October of next year and we're looking for a move to Brisbane, Australia. We've looked into partner Visas but we're not sure if she's eligible as a sponsor as she hasn't been living in Australia amongst other things. Can you help at all? Any advice would be much appreciated.
        Thank you
        Sam
      • By CanuckinOz
        Hi everyone! 
        My partner and I are finalizing our application for the 309/100 Partner Visa and I wanted to see what y'all thought of the evidence we've provided! It's been a long and at times exhausting effort, but we feel it will be worth it once we are back in Australia!
        First, my girlfriend and I have been in a de facto relationship since March 2016, we have lived together since that time, our dating period was September 2015 until we moved into our own place.
        This is the evidence we have provided: 

Address - Sponsor and Applicant: Mail addressed to us individually at our home, one piece from March 2016 and each of our most current piece. 
        Birth/Age - Sponsor and Applicant: Birth Certificate
        Evidence of Citizenship - Sponsor and Applicant: Australian and Canadian Passport (Respectively)
        Identity - Sponsor and Applicant: Canadian Drivers Lisence, Canadian Medical Card
        Photograph (Passport) - Sponsor and Applicant - 2x recent passport photos from the sponsor and applicant
        Evidence of De Facto Relationship - Sponsor: A brief statement on the history and development of our relationship.
        Evidence Couple are Living Together - Applicant: Two lease agreements, mail addressed to both sponsor and applicant at the same address, statement from our landlord saying we have lived there, together, since March 2016.
        Evidence of the Relationship - Applicant: Statement regarding the relationship and it's history and development. Photographs of us together, Christmas cards and gifts addressed to both of us from Sponsor's family in Australia. Cards and gifts to each other. 
        Evidence of Finances - Applicant: Statement regarding the nature of our finances. Joint bank account statements, purchases coming out of joint back account for social activities.
        Evidence of Social Aspects - Applicant: Photos of Joint travel, gym memberships, social activities, concerts, hockey games, family events. Stat decs from family in Canada and Australia. 
        Evidence of Couples Commitment - Statement from Applicant and Sponsor: Evidence showing Applicant has made Sponsor beneficiary for life insurance, will executor and emergency contact. 
        Evidence of Household - Applicant: Statement regarding how housework, care for the children is split up between Applicant and Sponsor, how each is supportive emotionally and financially. 
        Evidence of the length of the de facto relationship - Applicant: Statement and copies of the leases we have shared together. 
        Evidence of Character - Sponsor and Applicant: AFP check (Sponsor), RCMP check (Applicant and Sponsor)
        Travel Document - Sponsor and Applicant: Passport
        Evidence of Health: Not until requested. 

I hope I got everything. Let me know what you think! Maybe we can bounce some ideas off each other! Thanks! 

• By Ross Hopwood
        Hey, all. This is my first time ever writing on a forum, let's see how it goes  
        Just to give you a brief overview - I am a British Expat living in Dubai and have done so for the past 8 years. My partner, also British, is a permanent resident in Australia. We have been together for 3 years now surviving as a long distance couple, travelling back and forth to see each other. But it's time now that one of us makes the move, and it's going to be me moving there. I will be moving there sometime early 2018 on a working/holiday visa to start, with the hope of gathering enough evidence to submit an application for the partner visa. I've seen a lot on forums about the partner visa but never seen much of it done through the working/holiday visa. We will start off living with his Mum up until we can afford to rent or buy somewhere. I understand that I will need to be data gathering constantly to show that we in a strong, stable relationship and that I genuinely what to live there. 
        So, what I really need is some advice on lodging my application for the partner visa whilst I am on the working/holiday visa.... The time scale in which I need to send our application through (straight away, 6 months, 1 Year?.... What evidence we really need to be focusing on gathering.... Any temporary visas/bridging visas I can apply for to enable me to seek full-time employment.... Anything else you think I should know that can guide me in the process. 
        All advice is greatly received, and I look forward to hearing from some of you  
        Ross
      • By Awais
        Hi Guys. My wife has applied a partner visa 309 on 28 June 2016. The application is in the final stages. Today she receive the email that your medicals are not valid after 1 year. Online immiaccount showing medical is clear for the processing of this visa.
        My query is that the visa processing has been delayed by the immigration deptt then why should one undergo the medical checkup again? 
        Does it happen to anyone else who are waiting for decision for more than 12 months?
      • By heidihi2121
        Hi Everyone,
        Just looking for some advice on mine and my boyfriend's situation. I previously lived in Brisbane for 3 years 2012-2015 and during this time I met my now partner as we worked together for 2 years - we were very close friends but with other people, so nothing ever more than that. Since then I returned to the UK after leaving my partner that I'd moved over with - we were sponsored on his 457 visa. I returned back in February for a holiday to see friends etc but ended up spending the whole time with my now partner, who separated from his partner last year. We decided to just see what happened when I returned at the beginning of March, but within the week we decided it was definitely something we both wanted and discussed me moving over. I have already used my working holiday visa to get there back in 2012, whilst waiting for the 457 to be processed. He has just been over for 3 weeks to visit me, meet my family and spend some time travelling around together and I am looking at going over in September and applying for the Partner Visa onshore. I understand that we won't be able to prove a defacto relationship for over 12 months as we don't have the luxury of that time, with the tourist visa only being 3 months. So we will be going down the path of registering our relationship etc, but I just wondered if anyone else had been in the same boat and could offer any advice....???

There's no doubt in either of our minds that this is what we want, we have saved the money for the visa and the extra to go through an agent, but if anyone could help or let me know their own experiences that would be amazing - or even just letting me know what I can do in preparation before moving over.  Thanks in advance : )