Criminal conviction, tourist visa

bernard

hiya all I am very new to this site so I would if possible love some help. me and my wife are not seeking to live in OZ but we were hoping to visit her brother who lives in Melbourne and has done for more than  25 yrs .My wife has got her  tourist visa through but mine went on to VACCU to be assessed in july 17 because I had a minor criminal record I have just received from them that they are considering refusal of my tourist visa they have issued me with a questionnaire  as to give good reason why my visa should not be refused in one of the section in the questionnaire it asks about health with the heading IMPEDIMENTS TO RETURN, may I add that we are only coming to OZ for three weeks in march 18 and we have never been here before so it would be a lovely experience. has  anyone any idea what this heading means .thank you Bernard..from Nottingham  U/K.

Edited by snifter
fixed title

Hi there. I'm not sure what to suggest so will leave it to others who hopefully can.

If in real doubt or you have concerns, so this is just throwing it out there, contact a reputable migration agent to sound out their advice. Any of those that post on here would be ok :)

hi rocco. vaccu sent me a lot more info ,saying they wanted some character refs from people that new me for a long time and that knew me well, and also they needed to know why I got into trouble and what I have done since to keep out of trouble .All this came to my email round about the 6th dec, I have heard nothing since then. and YES they can still refuse me (Hope and prey they don't) :( as soon as I hear from them I will let you know, so stay in touch.:) Bernard.

I have my fingers crossed for you! Please do keep in touch as to how you get on!

we are about to submit our application - partner has spent conviction (so ten years old) but was sentenced to a term in prison of more than 12 months so fails the character test. 

Did you submit the application yourself or use an agent?

Again, wishing you luck! 

Rocco

• 3 weeks later...

I didn’t disclose a offence that happened 27years ago on my  tourist application within 24hours I completed another form for amendments by email, I then received a cancellation Visa since then I spoken to the London Office and emailed a Police record and explanation of my circumstances about 2 weeks ago but haven’t heard anything we have planned a cruise to Australia in  the first week of March everything is paid for I am getting worried we won’t be able to go. Does anyone know the phone number of the Border Force in Australia our flight is booked to Land at Perth. I can’t find a number for Australia Visa contact number on there website can anyone help.

Hi Bernard just to let you know I had my Visa reinstated today By the person who originally cancelled my Visa at the London Office I explained my situation, and that we are due to travel in March and we were getting worried we wouldn’t be able travel to Australia we are delighted we are now able to travel good luck hope you manage to get your Visa.

• Like 1