You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

KangaKit

aussie bank account for trip?

Has anyone got any ideas on opening a bank account in Australia for holiday purposes as I don't fancy paying loads of charges when I use my cards on a holiday?

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Get a currency card or a card that doesn’t charge foreign fees.  Not sure if it is possible to open an Aussie account from overseas unless you are intending to move over.

So many wineries ......so little time :yes:

Is this a working holiday or just a holiday? If its a holiday for a few weeks or so, I'd not bother and go with the suggestion above. 

If its for a working holiday, then check all the main banks and see what they offer. 

Just for a holiday this time..eoi submitted so hoping to get an invitation at some point. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CTM5198
        Hello  so I've recently lodged a citizenship application and one of the pages required me to fill out any possible future travel, with exact dates (which I assumed was for emergency/urgent travel that was deemed absolutely necessary). I've heard rumours of how "you're not allowed to leave Australia in the timeframe between your application lodgement and the response date (AKA the date when they organise the test)". I wanted to know if this was true? - The Department of Immigration site isn't too clear and only stipulates that you can't travel before your ceremony, as your PR will be cancelled thus requiring you to return to Aus on a RRV (correct me if I'm wrong). It's been over 4 years since I left England, I'm becoming very homesick and 10-14 months is an awfully long time. 

• By Friday.Nov
        Hi
        Are there any restrictions on 457 visa?
        My agent told me that I can only leave 28 days?
        However, I can't find any rules about this.
        I have to go back to my country for about 3~6 months, cuz my grandmother is very ill and my family wants me to stay with her. 

Need some advice, help!
        Thanks very much.
      • By jessicagrunner
        Hi,
        ive been a member on here for a while now and I'm seriously considering travelling to Australia. 
        I'm willing to go alone however it would of course be lovely to have a travel companion and gain a new friendship!
        if anybody is interested in going to Australia from the UK please message me so we can discuss!
        im from Cheshire, UK.
        thanks  
      • By oliviaaaa
        Hey, my friend and I are both thinking of moving to the bay next year even though parents aren't happy so the won't help us find the information on the bay. We would like to know is it worth it for a year fresh out of school? Can we study there? Is it expensive? Will we find work? Are the bills manageable on a teen wage? Is there financial support there? Is it recommended for two best friends who want out of home?