Visa457 to PR application

Yeeleng

would like to understand how PR application works if I were to relocate to Australia from Singapore with working visa 457. I am not sure how promising will I be able to get PR with visa 457. Pls explain the procedure to me. And I have 2 dependents and One partner with me. Pls note that I have joined this company, under same role since 2006 before relocating to Singapore in 2014. If I were to relocate to Sydney under the same role and same company, how soon can I apply For PR with my 457 visa.

I don't see Program manager on the eligible occupation lists so you'd need to see what else may be close.  If it's something like ICT Project Manager, then based on the proposed changes to the visa program you're eligible for a 2-year which could be extended for a second 2-year period but there's no pathway to a PR visa.  Perhaps speak with a migration agent to see what options there may be.

20 hours ago, Yeeleng said:

No pathway to a PR visa meaning? So if I were to have a visa 457 and my job is not listed on the occupation list, I will not be able to apply PR despite company sponsorship?

If your occupation is only on the short-term list, then you would not be eligible for a 186 employer sponsored PR visa.  Perhaps a 190 visa is possible if your occupation is being sponsored by any state, but you'd need to check each state's website to see their occupation lists and to see what criteria they may have for sponsorship.

7 hours ago, Yeeleng said:

If I do not qualify using visa 457, will my kids aged 17 able to apply PR though he serves as a dependent of my working visa 457.  And if he can apply for PR, does he have to wait for 3 years later or he can apply when he turns 18.

He would need to be eligible for a PR visa on his on rights.  As a 17-year old I doubt there's any visa he would be eligible for.