Jump to content

VETASSESS occupation consultation?

Recommended Posts

Hello All

Just wondering if anyone here has ever used the VETASSESS occupation consultation service and whether the found it worth the money?

I've been looking for an occupation to apply for a 189 visa, without boring everyone to death on my life story, I have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering and work as an in house civil engineer for a house builder. The full design work is carried out by consultants but someone has to be here to appoint a consultant, outline what we want, check their designs, take them through the construction process solving all the little issues that inevitable come up. It also involves a lot of other things like getting quotes and designs for new services/making agreements with local authorities/NHBC conditions/Tree officers, all sorts really, but it's not something really straightforward to define like being a maths teacher for example.

I had been thinking of applying under "Civil Engineering Technician 312212" As I'm sure I've got a highly relevant qualification, the job description information I've been able to find is pretty brief and a bit confusing, I've been thinking about using the Vetassess consultation service to try to find out what exactly they're looking for under that description and if I'd be able to make a convincing argument for myself, but it's more than 200 dollars for a 30 minute phone chat, Babestation doesn't charge those kind of rates, I was hoping there's someone out there who could advise me if it's a service that'd help me out or just money down the drain?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.:)



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have used these guys, its not really a service you can choose to use, as I think they are the only ones that specialise in that field so you might only have that choice. you have to have a Vetasses verdict to be able to put in your EOI.

They can be helpful,  just ask as many questions as possible. when I did mine (film editor) they where very helpful and gave me all the things they needed to be able to asses my skill properly. 

you will need a lot of proof, so get ready to dig out all your payslips and uni certificates ( including the record of achievements i.e the list of modules throughout the 3 years ) you can request this from the uni as they keep it on record.  

as well as examples of work etc.

a letter from your employer stating what your job role is, if you haven't told them your leaving yet.. you will now ha. 

I had a harder time since I have been self employed for the past 9 years so had to supply more than the normal amount of paperwork. 

All in all it took me about 3-4 weeks to get the final sign off. 

try and get an EOI in before July next year as they could take your skill of the list for the State you want. 


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites





Civil Engineering Technician (ANZSCO Code 312212)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Diploma, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then three additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the qualification is not in a highly relevant field, two years of employment at an appropriate skill level, completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to one year if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Certificate IV level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.




Tasks Include:

·       preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures

·       performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing

·       interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment

·       collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations

·       estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions

·       inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work

·       conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys

In my professional opinion, telephone advice should not be relied upon. If you want me to undertakre a preliminary assessment of your case go to my website: pinoyau.com and use the contact form.

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now